Describe Freddie Kitchens

brownie man

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We can pile on Freddie all we want

I thought about this last night too.  I believe Dorsey is getting away with too much here.  He brought in the players. When he got here he said we need more football type of guys and his type of players. 

They have us at 2-6 losing to inferior talent.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We can pile on Freddie all we want, but he’s not the only reason we’re losing games and many of those dudes will likely be here for the next guy.

I’ve got zero issue blaming Baker too. He’s playing like garbage.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve got zero issue blaming Baker too. He’s playing like garbage.

Baker, yeah sure.

Ward has been bad too, when he’s been healthy.

The OL hasn’t been good.

Vernon has been meh, certainly not lived up to the hype or billing.

Randall a non-factor.

Richardson has been a 12 million a year flop. 

OBJ has been average and seems preoccupied with dumb **** like sneakers and watches.  Are those things a big deal?  No, not at all, but when your team (and you) are playing poorly, chill with the look at me antics. It’s basic stuff.

What has Monken done?  We literally have no clue.

Our defense hasn’t forced many turnovers or made may key plays, especially with the talent we have. The pieces are better than the collective sum.  Same on offense for that matter.

Dorsey whiffed on Corbett and Thomas almost entirely (like not even a serviceable backup), traded a mediocre end in Ogbah for a nothing in Murray, cut Carl Nassib, traded Avery for god knows what reason so Chris Smith can continue to contribute nothing, traded Duke, etc.

I guess what I’m saying is it ain’t just Freddie and Baker.  There’s a whole organization that needs to get their heads out of their collective arse, stop with the “oh poor us” bullsht and start playing some spirited football.  

Until then we’re just looking for scapegoats.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Powertower said:

I thought about this last night too.  I believe Dorsey is getting away with too much here.  He brought in the players. When he got here he said we need more football type of guys and his type of players. 

They have us at 2-6 losing to inferior talent.  

Is it his fault that OBJ is only getting targetted 3x in the redzone all season long? Baker can be the problem but the coach can also call plays that only call to look at OBJ. Or get in the headset and tell them to throw to baker. Is it his fault that Freddie takes Chubb off the field in a key moment?

Freddie got hired for what he did with the offense. Dorsey prolly was willing to eat the growing pains of being a rookie HC with the offense looking like it did last year. The offense looks nothing like it did last year. OBJ is a pretty good deep threat but we rarey ever run a pure streak, vert, or post and let him go up and make a play. You telling me Perriman is a better deep threat than OBJ?

Also you talk about his players and his football guys has us at 2-6, while losing to inferior talent. If you are losing to inferior talent, that is 100% on coaching.

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Is it his fault that OBJ is only getting targetted 3x in the redzone all season long?

OBJ is a pretty good deep threat but we rarey ever run a pure streak, vert, or post and let him go up and make a play. You telling me Perriman is a better deep threat than OBJ?

Also you talk about his players and his football guys has us at 2-6, while losing to inferior talent. If you are losing to inferior talent, that is 100% on coaching.

No.  Its not his fault obj doesnt get the targets. But I did mention the same thing in the other thread about freddie that we never attack vertical and last yr we at least took shots. We see eye to eye there. Perriman in no way is better... I have no idea why we dont send someone deep.  

His football guys are losing. He was the one saying wake the sleeping giant and the growth we are going to see in yr 2.  It falls on coaches to put players in position to make plays but eventually the players have to do something.  

I never said completely blame Dorsey but he's not been perfect. Releasing, trading, moving on from players that most of the people in here said to keep.  

I think he's a young versatile coach, with a very solid offensive concepts. He has the BEST Pedigree of ANY coach we've hired in the past 10 seasons.

I think he is learning on the fly what being a HC means and the best way to get it done.

He is improving week to week.

If for one want to give him some time and see how develops over this season and next.

Its lonely out here....

marooned-man-on-desert-island-260nw-1286

• Like 4