Eagles cut Jordan Matthews

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hollins plays ST, something JJ never ever did in college.  Doug eluded to that in his last PC. As for a WR, neither is productive. It's more concerning to me that Hollins after 3 yrs can't be productive rather then JJ as a rookie fighting to be active on GD because of it TBH.

Side note: Maybe the coaching staff can stop trying to cross train every WR to play all 4 spots, especially as a Rookie. Pretty sure that isn't helping JJ either. Even he eluded to that several weeks ago in a Locker room Interview. 

375-177

Hollins offensive snaps compared to JJ. 

What earthly reason could that be? 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

JJ can’t beat out Hollins and you guys want him on the field? 

I’m serious, he must not be grasping the playbook. There’s something wrong with him that they won’t let out apparently. 

I only want him on the field if it means Agholor comes off it.

Agholor is making almost 9.4 million this year. I hate him so damn much.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

375-177

Hollins offensive snaps compared to JJ. 

What earthly reason could that be? 

One knows the offense but is completely useless in it. 

The other is ineffective because he doesn't know the Offense, thus useless as well?

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I only want him on the field if it means Agholor comes off it.

Agholor is making almost 9.4 million this year. I hate him so damn much.

Hate him too. But Agholor, pains me to say, is actually reliable compared to the others. Let that sink in. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

One knows the offense but is completely useless in it. 

The other is ineffective because he doesn't know the Offense, thus useless as well?

Devil you know is better than the devil you don’t. 

Or maybe not. Maybe they know exactly what they have. 

But, because of *blank* reason, the coaches feel that with Hollins, they are better. That’s frightening. And makes me think JJ is lost beyond belief.

That’s why even Matthews, being a guy off the street in week 10, gives you more than each player. 

15 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I completely agree. It doesn't make sense why would draft a player as high as the second round and then actively work against his development because our staff has some perceived bias. Like I said earlier in this thread go look at our draft picks in the top couple rounds since Doug has arrived in Philly, all of them have seen the field regularly as soon as they got here and eventually developed into full time guys, including Dillard and Sanders. There is no evidence they are snuffing anyone, they simply don't believe in JJ right now.

Usually I'd agree, but there's been a clear track record of our coaching staff making moronic favoritism approaches for far too long in the past. There's just no way I can believe that JJ someone who showed up well in preseason and was drafted high is so bad he can't beat out Mack Hollins. I have to call bull**** on that. Coaching Staff has unreasonably shafted young players on this team before for no good reason.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Usually I'd agree, but there's been a clear track record of our coaching staff making moronic favoritism approaches for far too long in the past. There's just no way I can believe that JJ someone who showed up well in preseason and was drafted high is so bad he can't beat out Mack Hollins. I have to call bull**** on that. Coaching Staff has unreasonably shafted young players on this team before for no good reason.

Maybe you are right, it is completely possible that Hollins is out there because the coaches like him more than JJ. I just haven't seen evidence of the bolded for me to come to that conclusion. We need so much help at WR it is incredibly hard for me to think these coaches are watching JJ everyday in practice and not immediately giving him reps if he could help this team.

One thing I will say, if JMatt(a guy we literally didn't want bad enough to resign this past offseason) comes in and is getting more snaps than JJ next week it will be pretty much impossible to have this favoritism argument. The guy we drafted with a second round pick isn't seeing play over a guy we let walk for dirt cheap? Something doesn't add up.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Maybe you are right, it is completely possible that Hollins is out there because the coaches like him more than JJ. I just haven't seen evidence of the bolded for me to come to that conclusion. We need so much help at WR it is incredibly hard for me to think these coaches are watching JJ everyday in practice and not immediately giving him reps if he could help this team.

One thing I will say, if JMatt(a guy we literally didn't want bad enough to resign this past offseason) comes in and is getting more snaps than JJ next week it will be pretty much impossible to have this favoritism argument. The guy we drafted with a second round pick isn't seeing play over a guy we let walk for dirt cheap? Something doesn't add up.

Maybe favoritism isn't the best way to phrase it. 

It's more like they just like to single certain guys and sit them for rather silly reasons. I still contest that they were foolishly doing everything in their power last year to keep Rasul Douglas off the field when we all knew he was more capable than some of the guys we were marching out there. Just the most notable example.

Just now, Danger said:

Maybe favoritism isn't the best way to phrase it. 

It's more like they just like to single certain guys and sit them for rather silly reasons. I still contest that they were foolishly doing everything in their power last year to keep Rasul Douglas off the field when we all knew he was more capable than some of the guys we were marching out there. Just the most notable example.

Or Rasul is just slow and his skill set is really only valuable when he can play press man in the red zone and doesn't have to worry about getting burned past twenty yards... Is it possible that coaches are just sitting guys who aren't established in the team for petty reasons? I guess, but I haven't seen any real evidence of it outside of pure conjecture. Also, wouldn't completely different coaches be assigned to designating what packages Douglas was in and when JJ should see the field? So is this a team wide issue on both sides of the ball? I just don't see it.

The only player who I legitimately believe played too many snaps over his replacement is Sproles last season, but it isn't like he was holding back a young RB from developing. We all knew our RBs sucked last year though, and I could see an argument that they just thought Sproles needed more touches than other guys. I believe Duce handles RB touches personally though so we can point directly to him on that front.

In general, I tend to think our coaches are more competent than you seem to give them credit.

• Like 1

Gonna be ironic if JMatt of all people comes in and starts out producing both Alshon and Agholor. I know that's not saying much given their current seasons, but Ironic non the less.

I just want Wentz to have a WR that catches the ball on 3rd downs extending drives and in the RZ. If he does that, it was a good signing.

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gonna be ironic if JMatt of all people comes in and starts out producing both Alshon and Agholor. I know that's not saying much given their current seasons, but Ironic non the less.

I just want Wentz to have a WR that catches the ball on 3rd downs extending drives and in the RZ. If he does that, it was a good signing.

A sure handed receiver that excelled in the redzone? If only we drafted one of those in the second round this last year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

A sure handed receiver that excelled in the redzone? If only we drafted one of those in the second round this last year. 

Apparently even dumb people gain entry into Stanford these days. It's the only explanation for his lack of playing time/contribution. His inability to grasp the playbook?

You honestly believe Howie and Doug don't want to show off their shiny new Toy like Sanders if they could?? Especially given the WR struggles this year? Something else is going on here and Yes it sucks!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

47 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Apparently even dumb people gain entry into Stanford these days. It's the only explanation for his lack of playing time/contribution. His inability to grasp the playbook?

You honestly believe Howie and Doug don't want to show off their shiny new Toy like Sanders if they could?? Especially given the WR struggles this year? Something else is going on here and Yes it sucks!!!

JJAW might have put the latin love on the WR coach's wife? 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...