Jump to content
AlexGreen#20

GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers not airmailing a pass to an open Lazard and having Jones or Williams in there does not matter

Nah, all because Rodgers doesn't have the confidence when Williams is back there, or something.

The balance we have with then right now is perfectly fine, I'm surprised anyone wants it to change until maybe the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Will be interesting to see snap counts, but Lazard was 2nd in targets with 6.  Looks like he is establishing himself as the #2 WR

Did MVS even play in the second half? Was he hurt? Are they giving up on him? Lazard did not have much of a game, but maybe he is becoming the #2. Kumerow had a nice two-play sequence where he made a good block on a running play and then made a catch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nah, all because Rodgers doesn't have the confidence when Williams is back there, or something.

The balance we have with then right now is perfectly fine, I'm surprised anyone wants it to change until maybe the playoffs

Williams was 13 for 63.  pretty solid clip.  Jones is surely more explosive, but the field conditions seemed like a more mudder type game and that fits Williams well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Third, someone needs to find out if King is being told to play 10 yards off his man or whether he's just playing that way. If he can't play up on his guy, I'd sit him down. He's a liability out there right now.

I've seen some criticism of King here, but I thought he played a good game. He was way off the receiver on that play near the end because he couldn't get any traction on the field. It got weird with the field getting slippery at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nah, all because Rodgers doesn't have the confidence when Williams is back there, or something.

The balance we have with then right now is perfectly fine, I'm surprised anyone wants it to change until maybe the playoffs

So .. you're happy with each of them having 13 carries today?  They both did well, but one had 63 yds .. the other 93 yds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is the RB pass game usage a thing we're going to be doing, or was that just a neat side effect of Rodgers not having Adams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

So .. you're happy with each of them having 13 carries today?  They both did well, but one had 63 yds .. the other 93 yds.

Yes, thrilled with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So is the RB pass game usage a thing we're going to be doing, or was that just a neat side effect of Rodgers not having Adams?

Need to find multiple ways to win IMO. We had a lot of success with it, we will see it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, incognito_man said:

Need to find multiple ways to win IMO. We had a lot of success with it, we will see it again.

Getting those running backs involved in the passing game needs to be a focus over the bye week.  It really stresses the defense and opens things up for the offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I've seen some criticism of King here, but I thought he played a good game. He was way off the receiver on that play near the end because he couldn't get any traction on the field. It got weird with the field getting slippery at the end. 

Not sure how many first downs Carolina had, but I wouldnt be surprised if King was responsible for around a third of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

So .. you're happy with each of them having 13 carries today?  They both did well, but one had 63 yds .. the other 93 yds.

That's almost five yard per carry for Williams. He was very good, and he is saving Aaron Jones from taking all of the punishment. It was an ideal mix today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Need to find multiple ways to win IMO. We had a lot of success with it, we will see it again.

agreed.   GB is going to come across teams that focus on shutting Adams down.  Then MLF and Rodgers will need to adjust to using the RB more.

It has been shown to work well, just need to be willing to make that adjustment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×