GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

47 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

We're getting these wins and making game winning plays to close em out. Defense continues to step up in the RZ.

8-2

Definitely our best attribute on defense right now and it's an important one. Just hope there are some defensive 3 and outs in our future too.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Nothing ever changed there too much tbh. He's just a giant shill now way worse than he ever was. 

Yeah he's basically spent his entire career creating racially identitarian propaganda. When he didn't have a leader with a similar mindset in such a high position, it was more easily masked as skepticism of centralized power. He was also a giant shill back then too. The whole network he's on was created as a marketing arm for a gold distributor, and the owner was routinely on his show to suggest his gold as the way for his audience to keep themselves secure during all the crises Jones would fearmonger about.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Norm said:

Did a kicker steal your girlfriend at some point in your life?

Yes.

Joke's on her though, he ended dropping out of football for soccer, and almost making the MLS but wasn't quite good enough.  He was a natural kicker so our team made him the kicker.  She never got to go to prom with a popular football player!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

But it is a higher percentage to take a chip shot FG and go up by 7 instead of just 4.  With only 2 seconds left if you blow it you don't get ANY points there and damn near cost us the game in the end.

At the time, I thought the decision to go for the TD before the half was MLF taking the opportunity to show the team that they were the now the kind of team that isn't afraid to take a risk because he believes in their ability to succeed in that situation.  They failed on that specific play, but point made.

Then MLF decided to punt on 4th and 3 from the CAR 38 late in Q4, so now I don't know what to think.

The inexcusable delay of game by Rodgers a couple plays earlier probably didn't do anything to inspire MLF's confidence in how the offense was performing at the time. 

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Greg C. said:

Yeah, I was disappointed that they did not go for the first down at the end there. I always try to think of it from the opposing team's point of view, and I bet the Panthers were happy that the Packers punted. 

On 4th and 3?  

Speaking of punting I am disappointed in Scott's performances the past 3 games.  He was booming them earlier this season.

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

GDT discussions tend to be more emotional, naturally.  I think we all understand that (well, except maybe you).  Have you also noticed how much more even and objective the discussions are during the week?  

Tell you what Todd, jump over to the Vikings GDT right now.  You’ll be less underwhelmed with us, your fellow Packer fans.

I might not be emotional when I read these threads after the game but you can ask my hubby how I react to plays in real time.  ;)

10 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I think it is about win percentage. If you go up 2 possessions, that changes play calls and changes the context of the game significantly increasing your chance to win. 4-8 points the playbook is open.

I agree and  if Crosby kicks a chip shot there we are up 7 instead of 4 (it would have been easier on my blood pressure if we had those 3 extra points in the 4th quarter).  I have no problem with the aggression but if we aren't successful you don't have any time to get anything in that red zone visit.  

38 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

At the time, I thought the decision to go for the TD before the half was MLF taking the opportunity to show the team that they were the now the kind of team that isn't afraid to take a risk because he believes in their ability to succeed in that situation.  They failed on that specific play, but point made.

Then MLF decided to punt on 4th and 3 from the CAR 38 late in Q4, so now I don't know what to think.

The inexcusable delay of game by Rodgers a couple plays earlier probably didn't do anything to inspire MLF's confidence in how the offense was performing at the time. 

Rodgers' play clock management leaves a lot to be desired.  #12 has been crappy with this for years.

15 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Rodgers' play clock management leaves a lot to be desired.  #12 has been crappy with this for years.

Haven't you been listening to the announcers? They have been telling us for years that Aaron Rodgers is the "master of the play clock." 

Seriously, I've given up on hoping for him to get the ball snapped with plenty of time left on the play clock. As long as he gets the play off in time, I'm fine with it. But he couldn't even do that yesterday--in a home game, no less.