Week 10 Games

Leader

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I don't know which is best that's my point.  Torn on this one.  All I know is I can't stand Seattle.  

I despise SEA (more specifically Carroll), and do not have any strong feelings regarding SF one way or the other.  Go Niners!

• Like 1

NFL Research:  Kirk Cousins defeated Dak Prescott head-to-head for the first time tonight on SNF (in their 5th career meeting). It was also Cousins' first primetime win against a team that entered the game with a winning record since Week 3, 2017 at the Raiders (after losing the last 6).

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't take anything for granted.  The first task is making the playoffs.  For all we know we could lose 3 of the next 6 and be 11-5 and the Vikings could win out.  In that scenario, you'd really wish the Seahawks had lost to the Niners. 

As you said, it's highly possible GB goes 3-3 to close out the season "IF" they don't limit the mental mistakes and become much more disciplined.  Playing at SF, Det, and Min are going to be true tests of this team's ability to go deep in the playoffs.  And yes, the Vikings could absolutely run the table to close out the season, which makes each game on GB's schedule that much more important.  Mental mistakes, blown coverages, missed blocks, poor clock management, missed interceptions, can all be improved upon and collectively, can greatly improve GB's chances of running the table.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

LOL  Even hyperkinetic / overblown Skip Bayless is FREAKING OUT that DAL tried to run the ball with Elliott at the end of the game. 

:)

I wouldn't know what that moron says because I will NOT watch his show.   That clown is Clueless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Terrible analogy! Gary's athleticism and strength aren't a product of 'roids. Nobody offered us 3 -1st round picks for our 1st round pick this time either. Chicago Bears did so they could draft Mandarich instead. 

I was not a fan of the Gary draft, but he's ours and I'm wishing him the best. No interest in continually going back to say, "I'm right'! It's way too early to tell what he's going to become as a football player. 

BTW, your idea that Matthews never had an inside pass rush is just false. Clark had a good year as an inside pass rusher last year and Daniel did years prior. 

Of course Gary is at the beginning of his career where as Clay is in the twilight of his so I will go with the future instead of the past.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I wouldn't know what that moron says because I will NOT watch his show.   That clown is Clueless.

It's all an act. At least he's obvious about it. Stephen A really believes he's a genius. That's more sad to me haha

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

As you said, it's highly possible GB goes 3-3 to close out the season "IF" they don't limit the mental mistakes and become much more disciplined.  Playing at SF, Det, and Min are going to be true tests of this team's ability to go deep in the playoffs.  And yes, the Vikings could absolutely run the table to close out the season, which makes each game on GB's schedule that much more important.  Mental mistakes, blown coverages, missed blocks, poor clock management, missed interceptions, can all be improved upon and collectively, can greatly improve GB's chances of running the table.

What record did you expect this team to have before the season?

I thought that 8 or 9 wins was the absolute best they would do.  They already have 8.  My expectations have been met.  I thought we were at least a year away from competing.  We are in the thick of the playoff hunt after 10 games.  That is great, IMO.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What record did you expect this team to have before the season?

I thought that 8 or 9 wins was the absolute best they would do.  They already have 8.  My expectations have been met.  I thought we were at least a year away from competing.  We are in the thick of the playoff hunt after 10 games.  That is great, IMO.

I'm with you - not complaining.  When you're sitting at 8-2, rather than get complacent and say, "well, we've met ThatJerkDave's expectations for the season, I guess we can take our eyes off the prize", you should be doing everything in your power to maximize that awesome opportunity.  It's within reach, if the team tightens up in a few areas.

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I'm with you - not complaining.  When you're sitting at 8-2, rather than get complacent and say, "well, we've met ThatJerkDave's expectations for the season, I guess we can take our eyes off the prize", you should be doing everything in your power to maximize that awesome opportunity.  It's within reach, if the team tightens up in a few areas.

I mean, I would be pretty flattered.  :D  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

That's just it, he's not clueless at all.  He almost always knows exactly which buttons he is pushing, and how hard to push them.  I know enough to understand that his shtick isn't for me, but I respect the idea that he knows how to provoke just the right level of outrage from his hot takery.