Thanksgiving is AWESOME

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Doing Thanksgiving a bit differently this year. Wife and I will stay at a hotel where they're doing an all you can eat American Thanksgiving-themed buffet. 

Similar - there's a South American steakhouse here that does a similar all you can eat Thanksgiving dinner, along with a few traditional South American churassco-style items.

I sort of feel obligated to make something such as a turkey breast, spiraled ham or a rib roast...

I've decided on years where we host Thanksgiving (this year my mom is hosting), I'm going to make a traditional Thanksgiving feast, with one specific catch. I will be cooking duck instead of Turkey. @Shanedorf @ET80 I need a ruling here. I think it's traditional enough with the perfect amount of quirky twist to get my children to roll their eyes 20 years from now when I insist upon continuing this as they mutter that "Dad is weird and can't do a turkey like everyone else".

• Like 1

I was going a little different this year with venison instead of turkey, but it looks like that's getting bumped to Christmas-ish.  Turkey it is.

53 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Similar - there's a South American steakhouse here that does a similar all you can eat Thanksgiving dinner, along with a few traditional South American churassco-style items.

I sort of feel obligated to make something such as a turkey breast, spiraled ham or a rib roast...

Brazilian or Argentinian?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

https://churrascos.com/

Argentinian - we have a go-to Brazilian steakhouse, but they're not doing Thanksgiving this year, oddly enough. (Maybe Christmas dinner...)

I'd put Churrascos up against the best steakhouses in the area, though... 

Oh god.  Argentinian parrillada is the ******* bomb.  I got to do two in Argentina back in 2014.  Unfortunately that was the height of my trying vegetarian period, so the first one made me sick, so at the second, I just ate salad and bread.

But Jesus, course after course of different meats.  All delicious.  Would love to do it again if I found a good place.

• Like 1

We are hosting a 'friendsgiving' tomorrow, so we are essentially having 2 Thanksgivings this year. I'm going to put on that Thanksgiving game between the Lions and Vikings from 2017, we are spatchcocking a turkey, and having a couple of friends over for a potluck style dinner. I've got some homebrew pumpkin ale to hand out and I've got cigars around a fire pit for later in the night. Should be a really fun time.

• Like 1