Thanksgiving is AWESOME

Shanedorf

The very best Holiday ever conceived and here's just a couple of reasons:

Its always the same day of the week, while other Holidays are tied to an actual date
Its always a 4 day holiday with the biggest event on Day 1 and then 3 more glorious days to celebrate/recover
If you are smert, you can take off of work Mon-Wed and have yourself a 9 day vacation

Its focused on Family, Food and Football : you cannot beat that combo
Pie is always a part of the celebration
No presents, only your presence is required

Stuffing: the worlds' greatest casserole

It's the perfect American holiday where we over- feast massively and celebrate stealing our country from the locals

5344ec793d4af.image.jpg

• Like 6

Hot take:

Stuffing is gross wet bread

That said, you're right on about Thanksgiving. Give me sweet potato souffle, green bean casserole, corn casserole, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, and obviously pie for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving as well.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hot take:

Stuffing is gross wet bread

That said, you're right on about Thanksgiving. Give me sweet potato souffle, green bean casserole, corn casserole, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, and obviously pie for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving as well.

Stuffing is bad because it'll just make you overcook your turkey.  Dressing is the ****.

Don't think of it as gross wet bread, think of it as savory bread pudding.  Make it from scratch and it's delicious.  Especially if you add some chicken livers to it.

Personally, I'm ready to make a whole lot of pumpkin pies.

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Make it from scratch and it's delicious.  Especially if you add some chicken livers to it.

We also make the dressing from scratch. Start with home made bread and turn it into croutons.  Fresh parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme from the garden
We also add cooked and crumbled fresh pork sausage for the flavor factor.

Not sure who is serving you the "gross wet bread "  but the version we make is real and its spectacular   :D

And no, it doesn't go in the bird.   Its a casserole,  freshly baked in the oven

919tWMocscL._UX569_.jpg

• Like 1

We also have gone to the concept of a carving station for T - Day
Typically 25 -  30 people, some years more

Carving Station has Turkey, sliced Ham, standing Rib Roast, Tri-tip steak and Salmon

Turkey bakes in an oven bag for 3 hours or so, then on the grill to brown it up
Sliced Whole Ham from local butcher
Rib Roast slow-cooked for 5-6  hours in the Alto-Shaam
Tri-Tip and Salmon on the grills

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

We also make the dressing from scratch. Start with home made bread and turn it into croutons.  Fresh parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme from the garden
We also add cooked and crumbled fresh pork sausage for the flavor factor.

Not sure who is serving you the "gross wet bread "  but the version we make is real and its spectacular   :D

And no, it doesn't go in the bird.   Its a casserole,  freshly baked in the oven

919tWMocscL._UX569_.jpg

This I would call trimmings as we do something similar. This I’m 💯 in favor of. My mother’s “dressing/stuffing” on the other hand goes in the trash and we don’t let her do the turkey anymore. @NateDawg anything to add here?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, animaltested said:

Wild Rice based stuffing > The Other stuffing garbage

Only philistines dislike cranberry sauce

White Meat > Dark Meat since its pairs better with Cranberry Sauce + Gravy

Blackberry Pie should be the staple fall pie NOT Pumpkin

I think I hate everything about you just based on this one post.