Thanksgiving is AWESOME

Shanedorf

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think by culture, he means ‘Murican culture. Mac and cheese is a weird side to have at Thanksgiving. Your carbs are supposed to come from dressing and potatoes, not pasta.

Dressing=AWFUL

Potatoes=Delicious in Mashed or Sweet Potato Souffle/Pie form

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

"Poor Quality" and "Dressing" together is redundant.

I have an entire cabal of Stuffing/Dressing* aficionados who travel untold miles through fire, flood, earthquakes and riots  -
just to eat the home made dressing we create from scratch here in San Diego

I'm truly sorry that your life is so empty and meaningless - and I don't mean just because you're a Browns fan.

* I use the terms Stuffing/Dressing interchangeably, but we don't cook it in the bird

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I have an entire cabal of Stuffing/Dressing* aficionados who travel untold miles through fire, flood, earthquakes and riots  -
just to eat the home made dressing we create from scratch here in San Diego

I assume that you don't stuff it in the bird. Also, since you're from San Diego, can you even appreciate Thanksgiving without a seasonal change? I don't believe you can.

I'm truly sorry that your life is so empty and meaningless - and I don't mean just because you're a Browns fan.

I'm sorry you waste calories on stuffing/dressing. It's wet bread. As for my life, it's not so much "meaningless" as "completely and utterly devoid of hope, while under the facade that next year things will get better".

* I use the terms Stuffing/Dressing interchangeably, but we don't cook it in the bird

Ah, you don't cook it in the bird. Could we be calling it different things? We call it "trimmings" up here. Spare portions of the bird, with sausage, gravy, and other "fixin's"? Could this be the disconnect???? Bonus points for smothering it in the mashed potatoes? Could this be it?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I assume that you don't stuff it in the bird. Also, since you're from San Diego, can you even appreciate Thanksgiving without a seasonal change? I don't believe you can.

I'm sorry you waste calories on stuffing/dressing. It's wet bread. As for my life, it's not so much "meaningless" as "completely and utterly devoid of hope, while under the facade that next year things will get better".

Ah, you don't cook it in the bird. Could we be calling it different things? We call it "trimmings" up here. Spare portions of the bird, with sausage, gravy, and other "fixin's"? Could this be the disconnect???? Bonus points for smothering it in the mashed potatoes? Could this be it?

If you're calling it "wet bread" then you must be doing it all wrong. We make a great stuffing (cooked in the bird) that is densely packed. You can slice it up like a bread. You get the great flavors of the turkey in it obviously and makes for the best part of the meal. "Stuffing" like Stouffers I would agree is pretty bad.

This is the closest representation that I can find of our family stuffing (also works inside a meatloaf).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtHyIqHxsVC66-Xhktcx1

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Also, since you're from San Diego, can you even appreciate Thanksgiving without a seasonal change? I don't believe you can.

HaHa ! You're not the first to make that comment. I grew up in WI and several of my buddies have voiced similar thoughts

We hang out at the beach early in the day, then back home to commence cookin, eatin, drinking...
( and sometimes passing out deep into a Tryptophan coma )

Its certainly a different experience than when I lived in the Midwest, but its not a bad way to spend the day.

Edited by Shanedorf

On 11/13/2019 at 7:56 AM, DaveDX said:

Awesome!  Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. 

They were a hit!

Will definitely be making them again.

Think I cooked them in wine a bit too long, they were a little sweet even with the driest wine I could find. wife suggested wine with a splash of balsamic vinegar, might try that next time.

41 minutes ago, Dome said:

They were a hit!

Will definitely be making them again.

Think I cooked them in wine a bit too long, they were a little sweet even with the driest wine I could find. wife suggested wine with a splash of balsamic vinegar, might try that next time.

Not a bad idea.  Make sure you're hitting them with enough salt and pepper also.  I'm glad you liked them!

• Like 1

Stop opening stores on Thanksgiving so people can enjoy times with their families just like anyone else. If I told you your office (unless you're like a doctor or something) has to be open on Thanksgiving Day and you have to work so you don't get to enjoy this holiday with your family, you would have the same attitude.

I work part time at Best Buy, and one of the biggest annoyances to me is the fact that they call us in as early as like 1 PM to come to work for some idiots who decided they need to wait for a cheap and crappy TV.