Week 10: Blue NY vs Green NY

JetsandI

1. That first TD drive we gave up we got hosed.  That should have been delay of game on the Giants, and if anything a hold not PI.

2. I know we can't block but when we let Sam spin it he looks good.  Not liking the playcalling in the 2nd after doing so well in the 1st.  It's like it gets worse as the game goes.

14 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

1. That first TD drive we gave up we got hosed.  That should have been delay of game on the Giants, and if anything a hold not PI.

2. I know we can't block but when we let Sam spin it he looks good.  Not liking the playcalling in the 2nd after doing so well in the 1st.  It's like it gets worse as the game goes.

I think part of the playcalling crumbling  is simply trying to establish any sort of run game to keep our d fresh and hopefully make the opponents defense play the run more, opening up passing lanes, and reducing the blitzes sam will face.

The problem is we simply cant run block at all. So the runs are dead plays setting up long 3rd downs in obvious passing situations. 

Edited by drew39k
Typo. Ain't no crumbling fish

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

I think part of the playcalling crumbling fish simply trying to establish any sort of run game to keep our d fresh and hopefully make the opponents defense play the run more, opening up passing lanes, and reducing the blitzes sam will face.

The problem is we simply cant run block at all. So the runs are dead plays setting up long 3rd downs in obvious passing situations. 

I would use the short passing game but I get wanting to use Bell because he wants to be involved but it’s hurting the offense.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I would use the short passing game but I get wanting to use Bell because he wants to be involved but it’s hurting the offense.

Oh I agree, the running game isnt working. To keep running it for no gains isnt helping. 

I'd just try to get bell more touches as a receiver. Motion him out of the backfield into the slot on some short slants.