AFC Wildcard Race Discussion

BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Ehhh I see Steelers going 2-2 over their next four. Very very good defense, their best since their 2008-2010, but the QB situation and offense in general is awful. They are not a playoff team and not on the Titans level. I see Steelers losing to @ARI and @BAL. 

Titans certainly have a harder schedule but I see them finishing 3-1 and 10-6 overall. I think they’ll smash Oakland, they will beat the Saints at home (Brees on the road in cold weather in December isn’t the greatest), and they will split with Houston. 

quit talking about how we're going to beat up on y'all, it's making me nervous

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It all depends how far they go. If they finish the season 8-8 and miss out on the playoffs, is that enough of an accomplishment to trump what Harbaugh has achieved with the Ravens this season? I'd say no. If they finish 9-7, make the playoffs, and win or lose with dignity in the first round? The gap between Harbaugh and Tomlin would be a lot closer. 

What Tomlin has accomplished has been certainly impressive. It's just tough to pry the award out of the hands of the coach who, in my opinion, will coach Lamar to the Super Bowl after going 14-2. That's just incredibly difficult to top no matter the adversity Tomlin's faced.

Depends on how you look at it.

I mean they're done to their 3rd (technically 4th) qb, haven't had their Pro Bowl caliber RB for most of the season, without Bell, AB, Juju the last few weeks, Tuitt went to IR...

This is the makings of a team that she be finishing the season 2-14 imo. 

But the point you're making about Harbaugh is also fair. And it has nothing to do with me being a Steeler fan. If ppl look back at past comments I've made on this topic for previous reasons I genuinely talk about people I think deserve it and Tomlin is seldom that guy.

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ehhh I see Steelers going 2-2 over their next four. Very very good defense, their best since their 2008-2010, but the QB situation and offense in general is awful. They are not a playoff team and not on the Titans level. I see Steelers losing to @ARI and @BAL. 

Titans certainly have a harder schedule but I see them finishing 3-1 and 10-6 overall. I think they’ll smash Oakland, they will beat the Saints at home (Brees on the road in cold weather in December isn’t the greatest), and they will split with Houston. 

I see the Steelers going 3-1 at worst. I think the Titans are going to lose to Houston at least once and lose to the Saints.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This is the makings of a team that she be finishing the season 2-14 imo. 

Come on now, we know damn well that ain't true. 4-12, maybe. That defense with that offensive line? That alone and you're already ahead of the curve no matter who's at QB. Basically, the Bears this year; who have won 6 games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Come on now, we know damn well that ain't true. 4-12, maybe. That defense with that offensive line? That alone and you're already ahead of the curve no matter who's at QB. Basically, the Bears this year; who have won 6 games.

The OL isnt what it used to be it seems but that's also fair. If there is anything that proves the importance of quality safety play its that Minkah trade. The before and after is amazing.

46 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Titans still have to either win the division or hope Pittsburgh or Buffalo falls off the planet. 

Pittsburgh losing to Buffalo and Baltimore and finishing 9-7 isn't really falling off the planet. It's kind of expected tbh unless Baltimore is resting players in week 17.

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Buffalo's defense is better than yours. They also have a better QB (who I'm actual told is ELITE) and a much, much better rushing attack

Josh Allen is NOT elite, not remotely; and Buffalos defense imo is NOT better than Pittsburghs idk what games you've been watching but have you seen the sack, pressure, and TO rates for Pittsburgh. 

I would not say Bufflao has a much better rushing attack overall. More consistent, I think that is fair. James Conner when healthy makes a big difference. 

Edited by wwhickok

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Josh Allen is NOT elite, not remotely; and Buffalos defense imo is NOT better than Pittsburghs idk what games you've been watching but have you seen the sack, pressure, and TO rates for Pittsburgh. 

I would not say Bufflao has a much better rushing attack overall. More consistent, I think that is fair. James Conner when healthy makes a big difference. 

Bills defense is certainly better than Pitts. It’s the best D in the league behind SF and NE. Their offense usually keeps the defense on the field too long. As for Josh Allen, he’s way better than anything the Steelers have at QB. 

Bills are a much better team than the Steelers. The only reason The Bills/Steelers is a 50/50 game is because it’s in Pittsburgh. I have the Steelers winning that one but it could easily go either way. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The elite part was a joke - see VanS thread. But he is much better QB than yours and I expect Buffalo's defense to make him look like the undrafted rookie he is.

Also, their 138 rushing yards/g compared to Pittsburgh's 91 rushing yards/g is indeed a much better rushing attack. A healthy James Conner was nothing special to start the year and he won't be against Buffalo's defense either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

The elite part was a joke - see VanS thread. But he is much better QB than yours and I expect Buffalo's defense to make him look like the undrafted rookie he is.

Also, their 138 rushing yards/g compared to Pittsburgh's 91 rushing yards/g is indeed a much better rushing attack. A healthy James Conner was nothing special to start the year and he won't be against Buffalo's defense either.

He is a much better QB than a guy that is a UDFA, who has started 2 games? Wow...that must be incredibly difficult to accomplish. 

You're making a bunch of guarantee-like statements but Conner hasnt been healthy all season even when he was playing. The last few weeks our rushing attack has improved significantly. Itll be an interesting game for sure but I have a feeling its gonna be a very long day for that Buffalo offense, especially if both Conner and Juju are back healthy. 

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He is a much better QB than a guy that is a UDFA, who has started 2 games? Wow...that must be incredibly difficult to accomplish. 

You're making a bunch of guarantee-like statements but Conner hasnt been healthy all season even when he was playing. The last few weeks our rushing attack has improved significantly. Itll be an interesting game for sure but I have a feeling its gonna be a very long day for that Buffalo offense, especially if both Conner and Juju are back healthy. 

Him being that much better than an udfa that's starter 2 games is the entire point. Nobody said it was hard. It's an indictment on a crappy QB which is why Buffalo will be at a significant advantage even if you do think you have a better defense.

If Buffalo only gave up 15 to Dak, Zeke, Cooper, and Dallas' o-line they ought to make easy work out of Duck, a battered Conner/JuJu, and Pittsburgh's o-line.

• Like 1

Buffalo faced a Denver defense that was ranked 5th. Was able to get 20 points (really didn't need more).

Faced a top 10 defense in Dallas and put up 26. 

Baltimore is another huge test this weekend. If Buffalo can hang with them, I don't see Pittsburgh as much of an obstacle. As good as their defense has been playing, their offense has been s so inept and Buffalo can shut down Juju/Connor who may not even be 100%.

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Him being that much better than an udfa that's starter 2 games is the entire point. Nobody said it was hard. It's an indictment on a crappy QB which is why Buffalo will be at a significant advantage even if you do think you have a better defense.

If Buffalo only gave up 15 to Dak, Zeke, Cooper, and Dallas' o-line they ought to make easy work out of Duck, a battered Conner/JuJu, and Pittsburgh's o-line.

Dallas hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record all season and Dallas ' defense isnt nearly as good.

Move along troll.