AFC Wildcard Race Discussion

BayRaider

59 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah that is a tough match-up on the road for the Saints. I have the Titans getting that game, splitting with Houston and beating the Raiders this weekend to get the 6th spot at 10-6.

Splitting with Houston is just about assured, if not wishful thinking for Houston. Tannehill and the Titans WRs are tailor made to decimate the Texans secondary. Titans secondary is capable of taking Will Fuller out of the equation and limiting DeAndre Hopkins.

I never thought I'd say this - and I'm sure many people never thought anyone would say this - but this game comes down to Bradley Roby, Gareon Conley, Vernon Hargreaves III and Jacob Martin playing above their careers to this point. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Impressive, for sure, no discrediting here, but some ridiculous cherry picking in a bias campaign. Bills are 3rd in both Yards Per Game Allowed and 3rd in Points Per Game Allowed. 

And this is over 12 games not 10. If that’s how we are gonna play it, let me take out the Bills worst two defensive games of the year and they probably are #1 across the board. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That would be wild to play the Texans in week 15 and then again in week 17 and then again in the wildcard lol. Week 17 and the wildcard would be back to back games in Houston

Just lay down and die Week 17 while studying their gameplan. Then stay in Houston so it’s lesser of a road game.

52 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It doesn’t matter how you spin it. If Buffalo’s averaging 47 more yards rushing per game they have a significantly better running game than you and it’s not even a discussion. “Talent” doesn’t matter if it isn’t producing. To say they’re rushing attack isn’t much better than yours is black and yellow tinted glasses at it’s finest.

And nope never guaranteed we’d beat them at all. In fact, that’s not even close to what I said. I said we wouldn’t need to sweep Houston if we found a way to beat NO and OAK. Nice try though xD

Not trying anything. I was posing a question and you can spin your narrative however you want.

Its Tennessee they're bound to let you down.

Since Minkah came to Pittsburghs roster they have had the best defense in the league. 2 teams are getting more pressure than us, Buffalo isnt one of them. 1 team has more Interceptions than us, Buffalo isnt one of them.

Our first 2 games, more specifically our game against NE really skews the stats.

Our running game has greatly improved over the last few weeks it'll only get better when Conner comes back. It should be a good game.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Impressive, for sure, no discrediting here, but some ridiculous cherry picking in a bias campaign. Bills are 3rd in both Yards Per Game Allowed and 3rd in Points Per Game Allowed. 

And this is over 12 games not 10. If that’s how we are gonna play it, let me take out the Bills worst two defensive games of the year and they probably are #1 across the board. 

This is over the last 10, and since we got Minkah, which more accurately reflects how the team is doing now. Taking out the worst 2 of the bills from anywhere in the season isn't the same.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

This is over the last 10, and since we got Minkah, which more accurately reflects how the team is doing now. Taking out the worst 2 of the bills from anywhere in the season isn't the same.

And you can also argue not letting teams get yards or points is by far more important than anything else. That’s kind of the point of defense right? Not letting teams score? 

If you factor in strength of schedule compared to the 49ers, Patriots, and Steelers, Bills have been 100% the toughest team in the league moving the ball on. 

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Splitting with Houston is just about assured, if not wishful thinking for Houston. Tannehill and the Titans WRs are tailor made to decimate the Texans secondary. Titans secondary is capable of taking Will Fuller out of the equation and limiting DeAndre Hopkins.

I never thought I'd say this - and I'm sure many people never thought anyone would say this - but this game comes down to Bradley Roby, Gareon Conley, Vernon Hargreaves III and Jacob Martin playing above their careers to this point. 

literally have we ever limited deandre hopkins? lmao i can't remember that ever happening. plus our secondary is super banged up right now (though hopefully they're a little more healthy by the time we get to y'all).

42 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not trying anything. I was posing a question and you can spin your narrative however you want.

Its Tennessee they're bound to let you down.

Since Minkah came to Pittsburghs roster they have had the best defense in the league. 2 teams are getting more pressure than us, Buffalo isnt one of them. 1 team has more Interceptions than us, Buffalo isnt one of them.

Our first 2 games, more specifically our game against NE really skews the stats.

Our running game has greatly improved over the last few weeks it'll only get better when Conner comes back. It should be a good game.

Nope you definitely said that I claimed we would beat New Orleans and sweep Houston when I never did. Try not to make stuff up next time.

Also, I never spun anything. This started by you making the assertion that Pittsburgh would have to fall off a cliff in order for us to jump you in the standings. And that’s false. All it takes is for you guys to finish 2-2 and us finish 3-1. Which is entirely realistic and involves no falling off of cliffs.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

And you can also argue not letting teams get yards or points is by far more important than anything else. That’s kind of the point of defense right? Not letting teams score? 

If you factor in strength of schedule compared to the 49ers, Patriots, and Steelers, Bills have been 100% the toughest team in the league moving the ball on. 

Can you provide adjusted stats to back that up? Steelers have the worst offense out of all the teams mentioned so I'm curious how much that has effected things.

I would also say that yards are largely irrelevant compared to points and turnovers when not given context.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

it might be more to signify the post Minkah era for the defence. Bills and Steelers are playing good on defence, the SNF game should a good one.  It would be nice if teams with top defences had an affect on the playoffs , I am so tired of all the offensive hype from the media in recent time and how the rules cater to the offensive