AFC Wildcard Race Discussion

BayRaider

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I imagine we'll win vs the Texans and go on to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs because beating Andy Reid is just what the Titans do. Gonna ruin what I'm sure people were hoping for in a Chiefs/Ravens rematch in the AFCCG.

We'll likely get throttled by Baltimore in the divisional tho.

Now that we seem to finally have a QB, need to work on our pass rush this off season and maybe next year can actually be a threat to do more than win a wildcard round game.

The improvement from mariota to tanehill has been shocking. You gotta love his moxie.

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It really doesn't look that crazy tbh. I imagine Jackson sits vs. the Steelers which sucks. 

Not only that, but the Texans will know where they stand in the playoff seeding as well by the time their game starts. If the Chiefs win, they are locked in as the 4 and may just rest their guys against the Titans. The chiefs play at 1, the Texans play at 4. 

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It really doesn't look that crazy tbh. I imagine Jackson sits vs. the Steelers which sucks. 

I would so love for this to happen. But of course O'Brien will ruin anything positive going for you guys. 

Edited by Jaytrajik

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not only that, but the Texans will know where they stand in the playoff seeding as well by the time their game starts. If the Chiefs win, they are locked in as the 4 and may just rest their guys against the Titans. The chiefs play at 1, the Texans play at 4. 

3 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

I would so love for this to happen. But of course O'Brien will ruin anything positive going for you guys. 

The loss to you guys earlier this year stings even more now. Not to mention the game vs. Jax we completely blew and others. We could be sitting pretty but mid season struggles hurt us.

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This isn’t true. Browns have to also beat the Bengals for common opponent strength purposes. 

So it’s basically a 5 team parlay of favorites which is always a 5% chance at best. 

My biggest fear of all five of those games is actually the Raiders beating the Broncos...

Edited by BayRaider

23 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Steeler Fans to everyone this week: We aren’t losing to the Jets, that’s impossible, you guys are all dumb, gtfo. Reminds me of Colt supporters at their high point during the season of 5-2 and telling them they will miss the playoffs. 

Texans might rest their starters in the 4th QTR next week. And sweeping any team is difficult. 

The offensive play was absolutely pathetic.  

The center can't even snap the football and Hodges bobbles it for a loss.  

Did that at least two times in the game.  

Tomlin's forced to play musical chairs between Hodges and Rudolph.  

It was an absolute nightmare.  

You have to be really bad to lose to Sam Darnold & company.  

The defense is the sole reason why Pittsburgh even has a dim chance left of getting into the postseason.  

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This isn’t true. Browns have to also beat the Bengals for common opponent strength purposes. 

So it’s basically a 5 team parlay of favorites which is always a 5% chance at best. 

My biggest fear of all five of those games is actually the Raiders beating the Broncos...

Ravens are benching everybody and Cleveland is just gonna tank.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ravens are benching everybody and Cleveland is just gonna tank.

Like I said, the odds of 5 things happening, even if those 5 things are favored, are like 1-2%. 

Apparently the Raider subforum thinks we’re a lock for the playoffs though lmao.