AFC Wildcard Race Discussion

BayRaider

This forum has always been way too gun shy at picking upsets. Literally most predictions I see are extremely top heavy and bottom heavy. 25-30% are upsets every week. 

Everyone keeps circling NO @ TEN as a NO win cause this forum is notorious for just picking favorites like a robot. Saints are not going 14-2. They will lose one more. And that’s probably on the road in Tennessee. A Top 10 D in cold weather in December, not Brees greatest performances. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Dallas hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record all season and Dallas ' defense isnt nearly as good.

Move along troll.

Dallas' defense has nothing to do with what Dallas' offense was unable to do against Buffalo's defense. Do you always result in calling other posters trolls when they wage against your blind homerism?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This forum has always been way too gun shy at picking upsets. Literally most predictions I see are extremely top heavy and bottom heavy. 25-30% are upsets every week. 

Everyone keeps circling NO @ TEN as a NO win cause this forum is notorious for just picking favorites like a robot. Saints are not going 14-2. They will lose one more. And that’s probably on the road in Tennessee. A Top 10 D in cold weather in December, not Brees greatest performances. 

i'd be more convinced of this if we weren't down our 1, 2, and 4 CBs lol. 1 (malcolm butler) is out for the season, so we're not getting him back. we're gonna have to hope like hell that adoree jackson and leshaun sims' injuries aren't long term, because the dudes we had out there yesterday were getting torn up by jacoby brissett and the colts' backup WRs. they don't stand a chance against brees, and our defense is not top 10 starting it's 5 and 6 CBs.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah that is a tough match-up on the road for the Saints. I have the Titans getting that game, splitting with Houston and beating the Raiders this weekend to get the 6th spot at 10-6.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Dallas' defense has nothing to do with what Dallas' offense was unable to do against Buffalo's defense. Do you always result in calling other posters trolls when they wage against your blind homerism?

Blind homerism I'm calling bs. Is it possible Pittsburgh loses? Absolutely but I'm pretty sure I said I believe we will win. That is in no way a statement of certainty.

You however have spoken in several certainties.

Buffalo, regardless of their quality defense has an EXTREMELY inconsistent offense. It has done well enough to win games and they've also been relatively healthy this season.

But considering Pittsburgh keeps finding a way to win, I dont think its unfair to talk as though they could. But to sit here and basically suggest they dont stand a chance...yeah Cleveland fans thought that too.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I would not say Bufflao has a much better rushing attack overall.

59 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

138 rushing yards/g compared to Pittsburgh's 91 rushing yards/g

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Blind homerism I'm calling bs.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah that is a tough match-up on the road for the Saints. I have the Titans getting that game, splitting with Houston and beating the Raiders this weekend to get the 6th spot at 10-6.

Same. 

I personally think it ends up:

1. Balt

2. NE

3. Hou

4. KC

5. Buf

6. Tenn

I don’t see New England losing again. Balt vs Buff this week IMO decides the #1 seed. I’m leaning 55% on Baltimore in that game. 

Buf @ KC is a great matchup on paper. 

Tenn @ Hou should be a good rubber match as well. 

Yeah I dont think Buffalo has much better running attack.

You're talking stats and I'm talking talent. Statistically Buffalo has performed better. I didn't dispute that. I've never been a blind homer.

You're HOPEFUL that the Steelers lose and that somehow the Titans dont, so much so you are all but guaranteeing its gonna happen. Yet your calling me a blind homer.

So you're saying the Titans are gonna beat Houston twice and beat New Orleans for certain right? And yet you're calling me a blind homer.

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I dont think Buffalo has much better running attack.

You're talking stats and I'm talking talent. Statistically Buffalo has performed better. I didn't dispute that. I've never been a blind homer.

You're HOPEFUL that the Steelers lose and that somehow the Titans dont, so much so you are all but guaranteeing its gonna happen. Yet your calling me a blind homer.

So you're saying the Titans are gonna beat Houston twice and beat New Orleans for certain right? And yet you're calling me a blind homer.

It doesn’t matter how you spin it. If Buffalo’s averaging 47 more yards rushing per game they have a significantly better running game than you and it’s not even a discussion. “Talent” doesn’t matter if it isn’t producing. To say they’re rushing attack isn’t much better than yours is black and yellow tinted glasses at it’s finest.

And nope never guaranteed we’d beat them at all. In fact, that’s not even close to what I said. I said we wouldn’t need to sweep Houston if we found a way to beat NO and OAK. Nice try though xD

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Same. 

I personally think it ends up:

1. Balt

2. NE

3. Hou

4. KC

5. Buf

6. Tenn

I don’t see New England losing again. Balt vs Buff this week IMO decides the #1 seed. I’m leaning 55% on Baltimore in that game. 

Buf @ KC is a great matchup on paper. 

Tenn @ Hou should be a good rubber match as well. 

I have New England losing to KC and I guess I had them losing to Buffalo in my scenario. But that is recency bias from this weekend for sure lol.

I obviously want the Bills to win out but man I will be bummed if they upset Baltimore and then lose to New England and the pats get the 1st seed over the Ravens. Weird catch 22 going on this weekend. I'll be a huge Chief fan starting Sunday at 4:25pm ET. 

Edited by Trentwannabe

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I have New England losing to KC and I guess I had them losing to Buffalo in my scenario. But that is recency bias from this weekend for sure lol.

I obviously want the Bills to win out but man I will be bummed if they upset Baltimore and then lose to New England and the pats get the 1st seed over the Ravens. Weird catch 22 going on this weekend. I'll be a huge Chief fan starting Sunday at 4:25pm ET. 

If you want to start rooting for KC now, that's ok too.

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I just don’t see KC going into NE and winning. Recency bias and “how do teams look lately” is how Vegas always takes your money. 

Although if KC does win, it could change the entire AFC Playoff Landscape. Possibly 1. Bal 2. KC 3. NE 4. Hou

44 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Using ESPN I got this:
1. Baltimore 14-2
2. KC 12-4
3. New England 12-4
4. Houston 11-5
5. Buffalo 12-4
6. Tennessee 10-6

_____
Pittsburgh 9-7
Oakland 8-8

That would be wild to play the Texans in week 15 and then again in week 17 and then again in the wildcard lol. Week 17 and the wildcard would be back to back games in Houston