1. 1. Who you got?

• Browns
    • Baker Mayfield's Facial Hair
    • The Pittsburgh Defense
    • Kiwibrown
    • Hope

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Ravens - Nick Chubb won that game. 

Bills - We almost lost we won in spite. If Chris Hubbard doesn’t commit that false start and we go for it, and do get it and lose Freddie is gone the next day 

We beat a top 10 team while not playing are best

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a shovel pass.  A pass, two yards in front of the QB.  It’s about as safe of a play as there is.

Maybe you're right, but the way baker just throws that ball up with the line backpedaling has ALWAYS scared me.  That could just be something I don't like to see.  But it as proven useful in the last game, counting as a forward pass not a hand-off so its not a fumble.  That being said he threw it up to himself once, I never want to see that again.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s hard to kill the HC/OC when we put up 28 on that defense despite 3 picks and fumble.  When the defense allows 30+, they take a large bit of the blame.

I'm not saying the HC is the only one to blame, but one of those interceptions should never have been a pass, we should have run the ball and the clock at the goal line.  One of those interceptions was because we were trying to drive down the field and win the game, we should have been in position to run out the clock there instead of trying to come from behind.  7 of those points should NEVER have happened as Seattle shouldn't have had enough time at the end of the clock.  So all that being said, if the coach made JUST ONE better decision (one that we both agree was dumb as hell) it could have reduced the turnovers to 1 fumble and 1 interception and a defense only giving up 23 points to Russell Wilson and a good Seattle team is acceptable.  Again every decision is scrutinized because 1 bad decision can completely change a game, and I thought that was an easy decision to make.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Many of those decisions were by Baker though.

This is true.  Baker hasn't helped at all.  Like in the NE game, hes gotta see whats coming and not throw that shovel RIGHT AT a defender when the play clearly isn't going to work because the defender is already in the backfield.  Not everything is on

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t blame Freddie as much as some because I think there’s a process to a lot of this.

Young team, inexperienced QB/HC/OC, a team/franchise that doesn’t have a culture of winning and success to lean on .... is gonna have some growing pains, especially against good teams.

I can certainly agree with this, what hurts me is seeing the same bad decisions week after week.  We need to run the ball more and we continue to throw the ball all over the place.

Our team is #2 in the nfl in rushing yards per attempt, ranking only behind Baltimore, yet we rank 24th in attempts (an only some can point to being behind at the end).

Buffalo was a great example.  We were doing GREAT on the ground in the first half, ran 18 times for 110 yards.  We were WINNING THE GAME and we ran only 7 times in the second half.  We need to wear down the defense on the ground, and be able to extend drives and keep our defense off the field.  Running the ball more does all of that.

We need to learn that we are a run first team NOT a pass first team because we have 2 of the best RB's in the league.  Week after Week I hear in the press conference we should have run more yet week after week it doesn't seem like hes doing that.

Those are the kind of things that worry me.

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Our schedule was absolutely brutal the first half of this year. The Titans game hurt and was a complete sht show.

True.  The schedule was very tough at the beginning.  Tennesse hurt, Seattle I think hurt more because we were in position to win it.  I honestly thing the Broncos game hurt more though.  We can't beat Brandon Allen and the 2-5 broncos?  How are we expected to beat teams like Pitt and Arizona if we can't be Denver without a QB.

Had we finished the game against Seattle, and were able to beat Denber, win the games we should win, this is a completely different conversation at 5-4.  But we are 3-6 and can really only lose 1 more game if we want ANY chance at the playoffs...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I'm not saying the HC is the only one to blame, but one of those interceptions should never have been a pass, we should have run the ball and the clock at the goal line.  One of those interceptions was because we were trying to drive down the field and win the game, we should have been in position to run out the clock there instead of trying to come from behind.  7 of those points should NEVER have happened as Seattle shouldn't have had enough time at the end of the clock.  So all that being said, if the coach made JUST ONE better decision (one that we both agree was dumb as hell) it could have reduced the turnovers to 1 fumble and 1 interception and a defense only giving up 23 points to Russell Wilson and a good Seattle team is acceptable.  Again every decision is scrutinized because 1 bad decision can completely change a game, and I thought that was an easy decision to make.

While we’re in agreement the decision to go pedal to the medal was dumb, Freddie didn’t call the interception.  The QB has to take responsibility for where the ball is thrown.  If he’s open, go up big.  If not, throw it away, take a sack, etc.. 

The issue even in a situation where Freddie was clearly wrong isn’t solely him.

This is true.  Baker hasn't helped at all.  Like in the NE game, hes gotta see whats coming and not throw that shovel RIGHT AT a defender when the play clearly isn't going to work because the defender is already in the backfield.  Not everything is on

Baker, OBJ with the drops every week, Chubb (NE, SEA), Calloway against the 9ers, Robinson against the Titans.  There’s plenty of blame to go around.

I can certainly agree with this, what hurts me is seeing the same bad decisions week after week.  We need to run the ball more and we continue to throw the ball all over the place.

Agreed, especially with Hunt healthy,

Our team is #2 in the nfl in rushing yards per attempt, ranking only behind Baltimore, yet we rank 24th in attempts (an only some can point to being behind at the end).

Buffalo was a great example.  We were doing GREAT on the ground in the first half, ran 18 times for 110 yards.  We were WINNING THE GAME and we ran only 7 times in the second half.  We need to wear down the defense on the ground, and be able to extend drives and keep our defense off the field.  Running the ball more does all of that.

I was expecting more on the ground the second half, no doubt.  I really thought we were gonna run in 40 times.

We need to learn that we are a run first team NOT a pass first team because we have 2 of the best RB's in the league.  Week after Week I hear in the press conference we should have run more yet week after week it doesn't seem like hes doing that.

I’m sure it’s hard to try to balance that when you have QB in Baker who’s obviously talented and arguably the most talented WR group in the league, both of whom are vocal about wanting touches.

Those are the kind of things that worry me.

True.  The schedule was very tough at the beginning.  Tennesse hurt, Seattle I think hurt more because we were in position to win it.  I honestly thing the Broncos game hurt more though.  We can't beat Brandon Allen and the 2-5 broncos?  How are we expected to beat teams like Pitt and Arizona if we can't be Denver without a QB.

Agreed, but I do think people underestimate how difficult it can be to play Denver in Denver.  It’s a “trap” game.

And that’s a good defense they have too.

But yes, we needed to steal a win there, especially with our backs against the wall.

Had we finished the game against Seattle, and were able to beat Denber, win the games we should win, this is a completely different conversation at 5-4.  But we are 3-6 and can really only lose 1 more game if we want ANY chance at the playoffs...

Pretty much, but if we can get things rolling that’s entirely possible.  It’s entirely possible they run the table based on schedule if we get things clicking, but that’s looking to be a huge “if” right now.

53 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

While we’re in agreement the decision to go pedal to the medal was dumb, Freddie didn’t call the interception.  The QB has to take responsibility for where the ball is thrown.  If he’s open, go up big.  If not, throw it away, take a sack, etc.. 

Agreed, its solely on kitchen, but with a QB who's been struggling, its the offensive coordinators job to put the players in the best position with the play call and the talent on offense, and its the head coaches job to make sure the clock management is correct.  Freddie is both and did neither...

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Baker, OBJ with the drops every week, Chubb (NE, SEA), Calloway against the 9ers, Robinson against the Titans.  There’s plenty of blame to go around.

Also agreed, not only on Kitchens.  I've been really disappointed with OBJ's play since coming here.  Chubb has never fumbled and did 3 times in 2 games.  Robinson NEEDS to stop kicking people in the face, all true.

Granted you can't expect perfect play from the team, and mistakes will happen.  I personally blame obvious flaws game plan more than execution because you have weeks to prepare the offense, and a lifetime understanding game situations.  Its really hard to anticipate your offensive linemen kicking the ball out of your hands.

Similarly, Why was Calloway getting such a huge role in his first week back?!?!  Where has Higgins been?!?!  I don't think all the blame is on the players either.

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m sure it’s hard to try to balance that when you have QB in Baker who’s obviously talented and arguably the most talented WR group in the league, both of whom are vocal about wanting touches.

Certainly understandable.  Granted my first priority is winning the game, but you need to balance personalities and keep players happy also.  To Freddie's credit, you aren't hearing ANYTHING from OBJ or Jarvis about not getting the ball enough or all the losing.  They are acting like professionals.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed, but I do think people underestimate how difficult it can be to play Denver in Denver.  It’s a “trap” game.

And that’s a good defense they have too.

But yes, we needed to steal a win there, especially with our backs against the wall.

I don't think it would have been an easy win, but if we want to be considered a playoff team, it is a win we need.  Otherwise we need to be stealing more games from better teams.  We had the Rams but the offense fell flat.  We had the Seahawks but we let them come back.  If we aren't going to beat the broncos we need other wins like those.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Pretty much, but if we can get things rolling that’s entirely possible.  It’s entirely possible they run the table based on schedule if we get things clicking, but that’s looking to be a huge “if” right now.

There is enough of a light at the end of the tunnel with the SOS that there is still hope.  Well see what happens tonight.  I will say I'm happy that the offense has been playing better.  I think we should roll with this season and see where things go.  I REALLY don't want to fire Freddie, but we do need to see improvement on some of these things.  Obviously I am hoping/praying they happen.  I LOVE his personality and hope he coaches here for 20 years.  i'm just VERY skeptical from what I've seen so far out of him.

To be honest, look at the patriots.  They WRECK this league.  They don't have a great offensive line.  They don't have great offensive weapons.  Their defense doesn't have that much individual talent.  Their QB is great but he wasn't always, and I'm not sure he would be in another system.  The Patriots are great because Bill Belichck knows how to put his players in the best position to win games.  He knows everyone's strengths and emphasizes them in games, and covers up their weaknesses.  He uses the clock to his advantage, knows when to attack and when to run the clock and play defense against it.  I know I'm comparing a 1st year coach to the greatest of all time, and I don't expect that in year 1 or from anyone else by any means, but that's what coaches should do.  Not look where else we can point the finger or who else we can blame.  He should put the team in the best position to win games.  I hope someday we have that and not have to decide whether a guy is worth keeping :-(.  

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

We're all critical of Freddie because we are 3-6 and expected to be 5-4 at this point and in the end it all falls on him so it is deserved. The over the top critiques make those of us who are just realistically critical of him defend him. Freddie has went away from the downfield routes because of the O-Line, he has adapted. Defenses know we can't protect long enough to go downfield so it isn't easy. Our defense isn't great, most glaring is the lack of pass rush (somehow) and stopping the run. We can run the ball and are struggling to scheme people open and finishing catches. Baker also has failed to lead comebacks by turning the ball over. Freddie will get the blame for the overall product but that doesn't mean he gets the blame for each players play, he can't control it if our tackles are struggling unless he benches them and bring in an equally bad player.

Obj was wide open last game deep baker just missed him

that is a timing issue that comes with time

52 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I can't stay up to watch the game.

I don't know how the convicts like @Kiwibrown do it. 

Can I have just one morning where I wake up, look at my phone, and see that we've not had our arses handed to us?

Please.

Its midday on a public holiday here, we good. 

5am-6am-7am for 1pm games whichnisnt too bad 

• Like 1

Can anyone clarify on the Callaway thing.. everything I've found says that 1.) He may have been facing a 10-game suspension and 2.) He has not had a positive test since his positive test that caused him to miss 4 games this season.

Doesn't seem to make sense that he'd be suspended from failing a test for which he was already suspended 4 games for.

So, did he fail another test or not? Or is the suspension about an old test or what?