This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

20 hours ago, Sasquatch said:
Let’s all go see this together.

I will never watch a horror movie with anyone.  When you watch a horror movie, you have to try to get scared and put yourself in the movie.  You can't be eating cheesy balls and talking with friends or family and expect the horror movie to be successful in scaring you.  It's gotta be loud, it's gotta be dark and you gotta be alone.

@Packerraymond 

I am down for Wendigo movies.  Have you guys ever seen Ravenous? I like that one a lot.  Kind of horror, kind of comedy.  There was also the one with the youngest brother from Malcolm in the Middle.

49 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I will never watch a horror movie with anyone.  When you watch a horror movie, you have to try to get scared and put yourself in the movie.  You can't be eating cheesy balls and talking with friends or family and expect the horror movie to be successful in scaring you.  It's gotta be loud, it's gotta be dark and you gotta be alone.

@Packerraymond 

I don't like to watch movies with anyone.  Any kind of movie.  I will talk.  It will turn into Mystery Science Theater.  I know it, I admit it, I apologize beforehand.  The worst was if you would get my grandma and me in the same room.  She was one of those people who always asked questions that there was no way for someone to answer.  And if it was a mystery movie, somehow, she always figured it out first and ruined it for anyone in the room who hadn't already seen it.  She figured out The Usual Suspects, and The Sixth Sense right away, first viewing.  And still would ask "who is that guy?" when a new character walked on screen.  Anyway, we would talk through movies and still be able to pay attention, eventually we were always just forced to sit next to each other so we would mostly leave everyone else out of it.  I have no idea how many times we were yelled at during family movie time.  :D 

My cousins wanted to watch Insidious (I think, the one where the kid has night terrors) and I had been drinking all day, and fell asleep in the chair for about the first half.  I woke up and the ghost hunters were trying to help, and I immediately ask, "how are the Mormons going to help these guys?" It was hilarious.  Also, as someone who had night terrors, the kid/dad's night terror world was very tame.  I don't remember what my night terrors were, but an empty neighborhood with a little goat-man in it was not it.  I was laughing the entire time.  Probably ruined it for them.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

@Packerraymond 

I saw A Quiet Place by myself and nearly shat myself.  Especially when the baby was crying.  Fook!

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I saw A Quiet Place by myself and nearly shat myself.  Especially when the baby was crying.  Fook!

A Quiet Place is my favorite movie made in the past 20, possibly 30 years.  Didn’t scare me though.  The last movie to genuinely scare me was Hereditary.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

A Quiet Place is my favorite movie made in the past 20, possibly 30 years.  Didn’t scare me though.  The last movie to genuinely scare me was Hereditary.

Quiet Place was so much scary as it was intense.  My sphincter was clenched the entire time.  Hereditary was also crazy good, especially that damn ending - fook man!

On 12/23/2019 at 12:57 PM, Sasquatch said:

Quiet Place was so much scary as it was intense.  My sphincter was clenched the entire time.  Hereditary was also crazy good, especially that damn ending - fook man!

Hereditary was fantastic but it definitely had some gleaming plot holes that still bug the crap out of me

On 12/21/2019 at 10:57 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Shows I have liked (relatively) recently: Mindhunter, Gotham, Ultraman, The Last Kingdom.

Didn't see the middle 2, but the outside two, recommend. Was going to post one day was at the end of my smoke break. 

The Boys on Amazon video is something I would have never guessed was up my alley but enjoyed as well. 

16 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Hereditary was fantastic but it definitely had some gleaming plot holes that still bug the crap out of me

Yeah, I had to watch Hereditary twice to catch on and ultimately fill them in with my own imagination.  A Quiet Place is un-nerving and tense.

I gotta say, I’ve been watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime and it’s pretty damn good!  If you like futuristic Sci-Fi, you’ll definitely want to watch.  I started a few days ago upon recommendation from my Star Wars geek buddies, who were raving about it, and I’m already on season three of four seasons.  Excellent cast, compelling and engaging story line.  I’ll give a very high level overview below for those interested.

The Expanse: set a few hundred years in the future when Earth becomes too populated, so they settle Mars.  Mars is now thriving and they have their own separate government.  Meanwhile, earth has become an elitist planet and is run by the UN.  Central to this, are folks living in the beltway of outer-space between earth and Mars called “the belters”.  These are your cast-offs, blue-collar asteroid miners, and an assortment of other colorful characters.  Huge planet-like ships roam the beltway capable of sustaining hundreds of thousands of people.  The plot revolves around tensions between the three factions, including alien life-forms, that threaten to cast the entire universe into war unlike anything the universe has ever seen.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I gotta say, I’ve been watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime and it’s pretty damn good!  If you like futuristic Sci-Fi, you’ll definitely want to watch.  I started a few days ago upon recommendation from my Star Wars geek buddies, who were raving about it, and I’m already on season three of four seasons.  Excellent cast, compelling and engaging story line.  I’ll give a very high level overview below for those interested.

The Expanse: set a few hundred years in the future when Earth becomes too populated, so they settle Mars.  Mars is now thriving and they have their own separate government.  Meanwhile, earth has become an elitist planet and is run by the UN.  Central to this, are folks living in the beltway of outer-space between earth and Mars called “the belters”.  These are your cast-offs, blue-collar asteroid miners, and an assortment of other colorful characters.  Huge planet-like ships roam the beltway capable of sustaining hundreds of thousands of people.  The plot revolves around tensions between the three factions, including alien life-forms, that threaten to cast the entire universe into war unlike anything the universe has ever seen.

The expanse is ******* incredible

• Like 2