This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Loathing every sentence from a literary perspective is a lot of what made the road so oppressive. What everyone assumed was brilliant literary technique was actually just dreadful writing

But it worked.  I have to credit him there.  No other book or narrative fiction made me want to quit life the way The Road did. There should be a warning label on that book for suicidal people because if I had ever been suicidal in life, I feel like that novel would have gotten the job done.

Late to the airplane thing, but I'm 6'6 so I live this on every flight. A true veteran tall person is used to being uncomfortable at every stadium, vehicle back seat, movie theatre (before the dream loungers), etc... That guy throwing the temper tantrum is a disgrace to tall people. 

You're tall, you're better at sports, have an easier time attracting the opposite sex, can see through crowds, can reach just about anything, just a better genetic specimen in general. Let the short people enjoy their perks. Recline away. I'll trade my 4 hours of being crushed like a sardine for a lifetime of being tall. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Late to the airplane thing, but I'm 6'6 so I live this on every flight. A true veteran tall person is used to being uncomfortable at every stadium, vehicle back seat, movie theatre (before the dream loungers), etc... That guy throwing the temper tantrum is a disgrace to tall people. 

You're tall, you're better at sports, have an easier time attracting the opposite sex, can see through crowds, can reach just about anything, just a better genetic specimen in general. Let the short people enjoy their perks. Recline away. I'll trade my 4 hours of being crushed like a sardine for a lifetime of being tall. 

Although I'm with you with the plane seats (you buy a ticket to as seat than can recline, not to one that cannot), there are very few good things about being tall nowadays.

1- It's easier attracting girls if you are not an ugly ****. If you are an ugly **** it doesn't matter how tall you are.

2- You can see through crowds while seating on some elses shoulders.

3- Being able to reach about anything means you are the one in charge on reaching about every single thing your mum and granma cannot.

4- You are not a better specimen. You die younger in average.

5- You need to spend more money on food and drinks (I don't get drunk unless I drink 10+beers).

6 -You clothes weight more when you flight.

There's pretty much nothing good about being taller nowadays since only very few people take advantage of that type of physicality nowadays.

12 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

NBA dunk contest is gay as *** ****.  It is literally about how many of your boys jump around after you dunk.  Lame.  Don't @ me.

The answer to the dunk contest is to get street ballers in it. They'll never do it because they'd whoop *** but it would push the NBA guys.

But it def would not solve your issue lol

1 minute ago, Norm said:

The answer to the dunk contest is to get street ballers in it. They'll never do it because they'd whoop *** but it would push the NBA guys.

But it def would not solve your issue lol

My biggest problem is that we have seen everything.  Until somebody can do a flip, or shove the ball up his *** and dunk with his *** over the rim, there is nothing new.  So we get the same tired 360 that we have seen since 1989, and the guys friends all jump around holding up 10 signs and high five like it was new, also the one "clever" friend that has two 10 signs and overlaps them so it says 100, GENIUS!

I accidentally saw one dunk this year and was instantly nauseated by the entire event.    

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

My biggest problem is that we have seen everything.  Until somebody can do a flip, or shove the ball up his *** and dunk with his *** over the rim, there is nothing new.  So we get the same tired 360 that we have seen since 1989, and the guys friends all jump around holding up 10 signs and high five like it was new, also the one "clever" friend that has two 10 signs and overlaps them so it says 100, GENIUS!

I accidentally saw one dunk this year and was instantly nauseated by the entire event.    

No that's a good point. 

I joked it should just be who can dunk the from the furthest away.

No it's not really 720 but Jesus. Has nobody tried this??

A new type of immune cell which kills most cancers has been discovered by accident by British scientists, in a finding which could herald a major breakthrough in treatment. Researchers at Cardiff University were analysing blood from a bank in Wales, looking for immune cells that could fight bacteria, when they found an entirely new type of T-cell. That new immune cell carries a never-before-seen receptor which acts like a grappling hook, latching on to most human cancers, while ignoring healthy cells. In laboratory studies, immune cells equipped with the new receptor were shown to kill lung, skin, blood, colon, breast, bone, prostate, ovarian, kidney and cervical cancer.