This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

For any Westworld fans out there, I just watched Season 2, Episode 8 and was blown away by it. IMO, best episode of the whole series so far. Actor Zahn McClarnon (he was in Fargo Season 2) who plays the character "Akecheta", is deserving of an Emmy for his performance in this episode. Wow. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

4 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

For any Westworld fans out there, I just watched Season 2, Episode 8 and was blown away by it. IMO, best episode of the whole series so far. Actor Zahn McClarnon (he was in Fargo Season 2) who plays the character "Akecheta", is deserving of an Emmy for his performance in this episode. Wow. 

Good info - thanks! I stopped watching season 2 - but have been recording the episodes for later viewing. I couldnt discern a story thread - other than some sci-fi techno-western murder spree - that wasnt doing it for me. Rhyme, reason and context wasnt hitting me over the head. So its my intention to read up on what they were up to once all is said and done - then go back and see what and how they did it. If that spoils some big SHHHHBANG at the end.....oh well, so be it. Life will certainly go on :)

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Good info - thanks! I stopped watching season 2 - but have been recording the episodes for later viewing. I couldnt discern a story thread - other than some sci-fi techno-western murder spree - that wasnt doing it for me. Rhyme, reason and context wasnt hitting me over the head. So its my intention to read up on what they were up to once all is said and done - then go back and see what and how they did it. If that spoils some big SHHHHBANG at the end.....oh well, so be it. Life will certainly go on :)

WW is not for passive watchers. It's a heavy show, but that's what makes it appealing to some of us. There's like 4 timelines running simultaneously, at least with the character Bernard. I found that simply reading a couple reviews of each episode was enough to enlighten me as to the brilliance that was going on. This most recent episode is pretty self-intact and could stand on its own. You won't regret watching it.

25 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

WW is not for passive watchers. It's a heavy show, but that's what makes it appealing to some of us. There's like 4 timelines running simultaneously, at least with the character Bernard. I found that simply reading a couple reviews of each episode was enough to enlighten me as to the brilliance that was going on. This most recent episode is pretty self-intact and could stand on its own. You won't regret watching it.

Agree - but for some reason I've not been motivated to read those reviews / synopsis this year and was just getting lost in the weekly episodes. I'll do the cliff notes on it when done then redo the viewing. I will say - the continual violence seemed to get gratuitous - and I'm not a stickler for such stuff - just that it didnt seem to advance the story line with its frequency and repetition. 

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

Watched the movie Gone Girl last night.

That ending pisses me off. 

Not a relationship that gonna last for long eh?

"We both acknowledge that we absolutely hate each other.....but lets hold it together for the kid"

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not a relationship that gonna last for long eh?

"We both acknowledge that we absolutely hate each other.....but lets hold it together for the kid"

So many plot holes though. The lady officer starts grilling her then it all just gets swept under the rug? No investigation into Dezi's killing. Dumb

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am a Nuggets fan now.  What are the rules for being an NBA fan? I like the Jazz because they have Quin.  Am I allowed to cheer for the Jazz and the Nuggets? I know I am allowed to follow Lebron from team to team, and jump on the Golden State bandwagon and pretend that I am a lifelong fan, but am I allowed to like two teams in the same division?

6 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I guess I am a Nuggets fan now.  What are the rules for being an NBA fan? I like the Jazz because they have Quin.  Am I allowed to cheer for the Jazz and the Nuggets? I know I am allowed to follow Lebron from team to team, and jump on the Golden State bandwagon and pretend that I am a lifelong fan, but am I allowed to like two teams in the same division?

Do I get to follow LeBron if I had his jersey before he ever played a minute in the league? Not even kidding. I get **** for it and it's like well I liked him before I when knew he was good.

And yes, yes you can.

25 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Do I get to follow LeBron if I had his jersey before he ever played a minute in the league? Not even kidding. I get **** for it and it's like well I liked him before I when knew he was good.

And yes, yes you can.

The high school jersey?

Wasn't he the #1 basketball player and like #3 football player (in the country) in his senior year?

I have no problem with the bandwagonness of following NBA teams as long as you admit you're following a player.  I just don't appreciate people that use the term "we" when talking about the Warriors and they don't even know who is in this photo.

f5341045d253d832d447018535789313--basket

47 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Wasn't he the #1 basketball player and like #3 football player (in the country) in his senior year?

He quit playing football after his sophomore year.  You should’ve seen him play tho. Imagine 5’7 DBs trying to cover him.  ?

9 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The high school jersey? Wasn't he the #1 basketball player and like #3 football player (in the country) in his senior year? I have no problem with the bandwagonness of following NBA teams as long as you admit you're following a player.  I just don't appreciate people that use the term "we" when talking about the Warriors and they don't even know who is in this photo.

Jeff Mullin and Clyde Hardaway. We go way back :)

16 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The high school jersey?

I have no problem with the bandwagonness of following NBA teams as long as you admit you're following a player.  I just don't appreciate people that use the term "we" when talking about the Warriors and they don't even know who is in this photo.

Nah just a Cavs one after he got drafted

. But I was watching his high school games on TV and ****