This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

2 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I don't know where relative prices have gone since the early days of Pentium processors, but, for me, everything I could gain by building my own desktop would be eaten up by the cost of buying operating systems and software that would come loaded in your Gateway or Dell or HP. We used to drop 2,500 bucks on those desktops. If you got one in January the memory and processing was half of what would be available for the same price in June.

And I used to walk to school.

Uphill.

Both ways.

You can build a great PC that can handle most AAA titles at high settings for around $1000, including OS.

7 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I don't know where relative prices have gone since the early days of Pentium processors, but, for me, everything I could gain by building my own desktop would be eaten up by the cost of buying operating systems and software that would come loaded in your Gateway or Dell or HP. We used to drop 2,500 bucks on those desktops. If you got one in January the memory and processing was half of what would be available for the same price in June.

And I used to walk to school.

Uphill.

Both ways.

Other than the OS, little of that software has ever been useful. Open Office is free, and there are plenty of good av programs. Most of it is bloat I'd strip out anyway. There are ways to get discounted versions of Windows always. 

I got a big enough case and psu to handle a good card but right now prices are insane and this handles everything I want to play beautifully.

Building a PC ? That's pretty cool

However, these guys are working hardware evolution, interesting story below

https://www.damninteresting.com/on-the-origin-of-circuits/

"Dr. Adrian Thompson is a researcher operating from the Department of Informatics at the University of Sussex, and his experimentation in the mid-1990s represented some of science’s first practical attempts to penetrate the virgin domain of hardware evolution. Dr. Thompson peered inside his perfect offspring to gain insight into its methods, but what he found inside was baffling "

• Like 1

I always want July 5th off more than the 4th.  I'm not missing anything fun during work hours on the 4th.  But I am missing, and trying to sleep through, stuff that night.  I always take Super Bowl Monday off, and I try to take Friday after Thanksgiving off too.

13 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Building a PC ? That's pretty cool

However, these guys are working hardware evolution, interesting story below

https://www.damninteresting.com/on-the-origin-of-circuits/

"Dr. Adrian Thompson is a researcher operating from the Department of Informatics at the University of Sussex, and his experimentation in the mid-1990s represented some of science’s first practical attempts to penetrate the virgin domain of hardware evolution. Dr. Thompson peered inside his perfect offspring to gain insight into its methods, but what he found inside was baffling "

The fact that an apparently useless cluster of circuits nevertheless held an indispensable role in the circuitries' entirety gives me hope for my role on this forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

The fact that an apparently useless cluster of circuits nevertheless held an indispensable role in the circuitries' entirety gives me hope for my role on this forum.

Your magnetic personality is the flux that holds it all together dude.... B|

17 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I always want July 5th off more than the 4th.  I'm not missing anything fun during work hours on the 4th.  But I am missing, and trying to sleep through, stuff that night.  I always take Super Bowl Monday off, and I try to take Friday after Thanksgiving off too.

Tuesday and Wednesday are by far the 2 worst days to have the 4th. Really cuts down and the lake and booze time.

7 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Gee, the team we knew would win the championship, 27 months ago, won the championship.  NBA is super awesome guys!!!

I'm really happy this happened to James though.  He made his bed when he changed the NBA and built a super team, and now he has to live with the fact that other teams are doing the same thing.  Lebron James ruined the NBA, and now it's ruining his legacy.  He'll be remembered as the most physically gifted player ever probably, but one that could rarely get it done in the Finals.  He's 3-6 in the finals now, right?