This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

I watch a lot of tennis, and in recent years I haven't seen any other player have an outburst like this one by Serena, and she had another one at the U.S. Open in 2011. (That one apparently was not due to sexism because she threatened to shove the ball down the throat of a female official.) You have to go back to McEnroe and Connors and Nastase to see behavior of this kind, and that was in the days when there was a lot more arguing because they didn't have Shotspot. Serena's defenders say that she was provoked into this extreme behavior, but she was weird about it right from the beginning, demanding that the umpire APOLOGIZE for issuing the first warning, which was for coaching. (It's also weird that Serena denied she was coached while her coach said that yes, of course he was coaching her. It helped her in the match, too. He gestured for her to come to the net, and she immediately began doing that, and it worked for a little while, until Osaka adjusted to it.) 

But even from a tactical standpoint, it was terrible behavior. You have to maintain control of your emotions and not get distracted. Maybe this happens to Serena sometimes because she is a very emotional player, who plays some of her best tennis when she is angry, but it's still not an excuse. 

Player already ejected for targeting. Hope our coaching staff has drilled into these guys don’t do that ****. Could see one of the young guys tonight fired up playing their first game in prime time trying to make a big play and get ejected for targeting. 

2 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

Player already ejected for targeting. Hope our coaching staff has drilled into these guys don’t do that ****. Could see one of the young guys tonight fired up playing their first game in prime time trying to make a big play and get ejected for targeting. 

Kentrell has already shown he'll come in safe and he was the most probable bet for us coming into the season. I'm thinking they have a handle on it, especially having Davante in house and seeing exactly NOT what to do first hand.