This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

18 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think the real lesson is don't break simple traffic laws when you are carrying illegal substances.  

I think the real lesson is hire a ******* limo if you are young millionaires enjoying a quick trip to Chicago. 

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

I think the real lesson is hire a ******* limo if you are young millionaires enjoying a quick trip to Chicago. 

I actually disagree with that.  Driving themselves is cheaper than hiring a car, even though he (they) are rich, no need to spend the money like it is never ending, because it isn't.  It isn't like he or even his passengers were under the influence.  Just slow down.  And be mindful of the speed traps, if you know where they are.  

*did you guys know that "neverending" isn't a word? I always thought it was because of the NeverEnding Story.  But it appears that they made that up for that story.  When I was looking up the NeverEnding story, I also learned that the "E" is a capital letter, probably because it is actually two words.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I actually disagree with that.  Driving themselves is cheaper than hiring a car, even though he (they) are rich, no need to spend the money like it is never ending, because it isn't.  It isn't like he or even his passengers were under the influence.  Just slow down.  And be mindful of the speed traps, if you know where they are.  

*did you guys know that "neverending" isn't a word? I always thought it was because of the NeverEnding Story.  But it appears that they made that up for that story.  When I was looking up the NeverEnding story, I also learned that the "E" is a capital letter, probably because it is actually two words.

Sure, are we buying that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure, are we buying that?

According to the article, the officer said that they weren't.  Maybe he was giving them a little break, but then why report the marijuana at all? The article kind of made it sound like Z took the blame for the weed for his friends too.  I'm just going by the information that I was given.  

Part of me* wants marijuana to stay illegal.  It is like a stupid test.  It isn't hard to not get caught, so why do you constantly get caught?

*added and highlighted so we don't have the same legalize it argument for the 32423434332nd time.

25 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

According to the article, the officer said that they weren't.  Maybe he was giving them a little break, but then why report the marijuana at all? The article kind of made it sound like Z took the blame for the weed for his friends too.  I'm just going by the information that I was given.  

Part of me* wants marijuana to stay illegal.  It is like a stupid test.  It isn't hard to not get caught, so why do you constantly get caught?

*added and highlighted so we don't have the same legalize it argument for the 32423434332nd time.

He also reported the car smelled of marijuana. This has all the makings of the police giving the home town athlete a break. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He also reported the car smelled of marijuana. This has all the makings of the police giving the home town athlete a break. 

Like back in the day when the police would follow you home when they caught you drinking and driving. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Like back in the day when the police would follow you home when they caught you drinking and driving. 

Or go out looking for you when they'd heard you were out drinking and driving (aka George Bailey..........)  :)

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I actually disagree with that.  Driving themselves is cheaper than hiring a car, even though he (they) are rich, no need to spend the money like it is never ending, because it isn't.  It isn't like he or even his passengers were under the influence.  Just slow down.  And be mindful of the speed traps...

Yeah, I was musing on my post later and thought something along those lines. (I argue with myself a lot)

And now I’m hearing the contraband, such that it was, was in the trunk. I don’t like this story for lots of reasons, and one of them is that I want cops to write speeding tickets without feeling the need to stomp all over 4th amendment rights just because technically they can get away with it on the unverifiable “smell” thing. 

• Like 2