This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

No need to be condescending, Just trying to have a dialogue. 

I mean it was shining a light on the segregation of Milwaukee mostly, I think. You disagree with that?

Nice try on the dialog, but he has his mind made up....

-no reason to talk

-agree with me or hit the highway.

-Only he knows the 'real' reasons things happen.

Keep it simple and short- no reason to think about it.

It's the sad state of conversation these days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Nice try on the dialog, but he has his mind made up....

-no reason to talk

-agree with me or hit the highway.

-Only he knows the 'real' reasons things happen.

Keep it simple and short- no reason to think about it.

It's the sad state of conversation these days.

giphy.gif

Gave it my best lol.

I finally did the Paqui one chip challenge.  It is very hot.  I had involuntary tears, and had to blow my nose a couple of times.  Didn't have a good flavor either, that might actually be worse than the heat.  I'm glad I did it.  It is something that I wanted to try.  I will not do it again though.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I finally did the Paqui one chip challenge.  It is very hot.  I had involuntary tears, and had to blow my nose a couple of times.  Didn't have a good flavor either, that might actually be worse than the heat.  I'm glad I did it.  It is something that I wanted to try.  I will not do it again though.  

Watched a couple videos of this today. Pretty funny stuff. I enjoy hot food, but not stuff that is so hot that there isnt really any flavor other than burning.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Watched a couple videos of this today. Pretty funny stuff. I enjoy hot food, but not stuff that is so hot that there isnt really any flavor other than burning.

Same. I see no reason to ingest stuff thats going to torch my mouth, sinuses, etc.

16 minutes ago, Tperk said:

If it makes you curious, I would say try it.  It is pretty funny really.  I was sweating, my nose was running, and the tear ducts started going.  I ate a couple of spoonfuls of ice cream and drank straight from the faucet to get through the worst of it.  Then my mouth burned for about 10ish minutes.  

Make sure you are in a place that is comfortable.

39 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If it makes you curious, I would say try it.  It is pretty funny really.  I was sweating, my nose was running, and the tear ducts started going.  I ate a couple of spoonfuls of ice cream and drank straight from the faucet to get through the worst of it.  Then my mouth burned for about 10ish minutes.  

Ive eaten enough hot peppers, hot sauce, and other things after a few too many beers in my lifetime to now know that I just dont need that in my life, especially at my age. Plus I had a couple recent surgeries for diverticulitis issues so I am real particular about what I am eating.

Buys a digital product with 30 day money back guarantee "no questions asked"

Doesn't work like I wanted it to and knew it wasn't but was bored.

Goes to cancel, have to use live chat to get a refund. ******* at about 9999 questions so far no matter how many times I'm just like REFUND PLEASE

EDIT: I'll take it back, he gave up and was super nice but still.

Edited by Norm

12 hours ago, Norm said:

Buys a digital product with 30 day money back guarantee "no questions asked"

Doesn't work like I wanted it to and knew it wasn't but was bored.

Goes to cancel, have to use live chat to get a refund. ******* at about 9999 questions so far no matter how many times I'm just like REFUND PLEASE

EDIT: I'll take it back, he gave up and was super nice but still.

I once had to work from home sort of unexpectedly, had my laptop at the office because I wasn't planning on staying home, so I installed the trial version of Office 365 on my home computer to be able to work on the presentations I had to prepare. After I was done I uninstalled it but forgot to cancel the subscription so after a month they charged like 150 euros on my credit card. I thought I was screwed for sure but I called Microsoft and they returned the money in like a minute, no questions asked. I had thought a million reasons / excuses to justify myself (I didn't get a renewal warning, I wasn't using the product, etc.) but I needed none of them. I just said I wanted to cancel and they refunded the money. I was very impressed with that customer service tbh, wasn't expecting it.

54 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I once had to work from home sort of unexpectedly, had my laptop at the office because I wasn't planning on staying home, so I installed the trial version of Office 365 on my home computer to be able to work on the presentations I had to prepare. After I was done I uninstalled it but forgot to cancel the subscription so after a month they charged like 150 euros on my credit card. I thought I was screwed for sure but I called Microsoft and they returned the money in like a minute, no questions asked. I had thought a million reasons / excuses to justify myself (I didn't get a renewal warning, I wasn't using the product, etc.) but I needed none of them. I just said I wanted to cancel and they refunded the money. I was very impressed with that customer service tbh, wasn't expecting it.

An honest mistake was recognized as one by a billion dollar conglomerate and Microsoft stands to make far more money off you as a happy customer than one they clipped for 150E - if only in positive word of mouth.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

An honest mistake was recognized as one by a billion dollar conglomerate and Microsoft stands to make far more money off you as a happy customer than one they clipped for 150E - if only in positive word of mouth.

I agree, but damn if there aren't quite a few other companies that don't operate this way... cancelling a subscription for a number of other things (telephone companies, insurance, credit cards....) can be a royal pita depending on the company.

The other side of the Microsoft story. 

When I had updated to Windows 10, my e-mail worked just fine on day one after the change, but then the following day would not work. I couldn't find a solution online at first, and tried going to a Microsoft helpline. They just wanted to sell me stuff (for about $200) that they said would fix the problem among other things. I declined and went back online for a deeper look. Almost straightaway I found a solution that told me to go to a certain file on my computer. Bizarrely, I didn't have to do anything when I got there, just going there 'told' the computer something it needed to know and despite the unlikely nature of the advice, it worked perfectly.

I'm pretty certain a company as huge as Microsoft knew that solution and just wanted to sell me stuff, but I got by without their help. Never trusted them an inch after that (and I only trusted them maybe an inch and a half before that).

3 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I had this with another expensive product after forgetting the trial. I figured I was stuck too. Can't for the life of me remember what it was. It might have been the first time I tried Prime actually

22 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The next day is the worst part