This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Any of you folks making your way to the Houston area for relief efforts? 

I have a 10-day vacation starting this Saturday, and plan on making the trip with a full Jeep of water, clothing, and canned goods from Central Wisconsin on Monday morning, staying through Thursday, and returning Friday/Saturday (have to be in Green Bay for the season-opener).

Let me know if any of you folks would be interested in joining, or donating some supplies. Driving from Wausau area, so I could swing by for another passenger or two.

Thanks all!

• Like 3

On 8/27/2017 at 8:10 AM, Packerraymond said:

30 person league?? I'd assume you had a top 3 pick to get LeVeon. Assuming your draft snakes as well that means you got Aaron and Zeke in the 50s? Man I wish I had a league like that. Aaron and Zeke went top 20 in all 3 leagues I play in. Adams and Olsen probably top 60.

30 teams across three separate divisions, 10 teams a division. Each division had its own draft, snake format, I had pick five in mine. Whoever scores the most points in the playoffs regardless of division is the champion. 

3 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

30 teams across three separate divisions, 10 teams a division. Each division had its own draft, snake format, I had pick five in mine. Whoever scores the most points in the playoffs regardless of division is the champion. 

That's kinda cool

On 8/28/2017 at 6:40 PM, CentralFC said:

Any of you folks making your way to the Houston area for relief efforts? 

I have a 10-day vacation starting this Saturday, and plan on making the trip with a full Jeep of water, clothing, and canned goods from Central Wisconsin on Monday morning, staying through Thursday, and returning Friday/Saturday (have to be in Green Bay for the season-opener).

Let me know if any of you folks would be interested in joining, or donating some supplies. Driving from Wausau area, so I could swing by for another passenger or two.

Thanks all!

Good for you! There is so much to be done, thanks to people like you who don't hesitate to help. Restores faith in humanity.

• Like 1

On August 28, 2017 at 1:17 PM, CentralFC said:

I would be more than happy to join. I'm sure @Cadmus would be open to it as well. That would make 4. We'd need 6, and I doubt we'd have issues finding them.

I would be happy to run it as well.

Hi there, if you're still looking for people for that league I'd fill a spot.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I knew I didn't like you.

I can't believe how many people will watch a million hours of college but don't like it.

I mean, don't get me wrong it's nice and all but I'm more interested in watching the players as prospects rather than teams.  Only a handful of teams are true title contenders, and it's not really any given Sunday concept like the NFL is.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, don't get me wrong it's nice and all but I'm more interested in watching the players as prospects rather than teams.  Only a handful of teams are true title contenders, and it's not really any given Sunday concept like the NFL is.

The excuses against it are super weak.

More teams in the NFL have a chance to win, sure. But it's not any given Sunday? Wut. There's absolutely insane upsets every year, hell every week.

I don't want to get into it. I think the excuses aren't at all based on anything other than growing up with the NFL and not college. It's just what they're used to. It's not objective to me. 

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

The excuses against it are super weak.

More teams in the NFL have a chance to win, sure. But it's not any given Sunday? Wut. There's absolutely insane upsets every year, hell every week.

I don't want to get into it. I think the excuses aren't at all based on anything other than growing up with the NFL and not college. It's just what they're used to. It's not objective to me. 

I guess I was speaking in terms of 1 loss can knock you out of the National Championship picture.  Honestly, I feel like I root for the upsets year after year.