This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

2 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

Or ya know having your ancestors taken from their homeland, forced to be slaves, raped/whipped and treated as property. Only to finally be given rights in the 60's. I'd say that type of abuse lasts generations.

Somebody not liking it is completely different than an entire race not liking it. Not to mention he is calling an NBA game, where ya know 90% of the league is black. 

Would love to have a conversation about how slavery started, who did what to whom, but you wouldn't like the narrative because it doesn't fit your 'victimized' viewpoint.  So I'll just leave you with this:

Just because you're offended doesn't make you right

Goes for me too.  There are things I find offensive, but that's just perspective. My truths are my truths, not yours. Different races on this Earth don't inherit 'intellectual  property' rights over every saying they perceive to be 'theirs'. Especially here, ya know, America.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

But in 20 years athletes will be better than they are today so Rice's ridiculous numbers might not look so ridiculous then.  Also, would Rice have all those big numbers if he played in only 10 games a year instead of 16?  Hutson's numbers when he played were ridiculous too.  

Rices numbers will always look ridiculous from an efficiency perspective. 

Won't take issue with anyone who includes Hutson in a top 10.. but he is far from it on mine.

We are talking about a guy who played in the league through the 30s and 40s. In a time where a professional football team matched up against a college team and it ended 0-0. There was hardly a separation between average joe and NFL player. Hell, most of those guys on those teams played professional football as their second job. 

EDIT: And if we are going to reference Hutsons 42' season as the ruler by which he should be measured, lets not forget to mention that the majority of the players in the league were sent to war... so those werent even professional football rosters.

Edited by packerrfan74

17 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Would love to have a conversation about how slavery started, who did what to whom, but you wouldn't like the narrative because it doesn't fit your 'victimized' viewpoint.  So I'll just leave you with this:

Just because you're offended doesn't make you right

Goes for me too.  There are things I find offensive, but that's just perspective. My truths are my truths, not yours. Different races on this Earth don't inherit 'intellectual  property' rights over every saying they perceive to be 'theirs'. Especially here, ya know, America.

Hey buddy I am a white guy. I just empathize with people who have been tormented their entire existence in this county. Unlike you people who would rather stand up for an obvious racial slur and victim shame people because they are offended. 

You're just another person trying to downplay slavery by trying to tell me how it started. It doesn't matter how it started; it was white people owning black people. They fought a damn war over it! You have no right to tell anyone how they should feel about their ancestors being property. Whether or not all the slaves are dead, this country is still be affected by it's past. Take the blindfold off.

Edited by TheBitzMan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Hey buddy I am a white guy. I just empathize with people who have been tormented their entire existence in this county. Unlike you people who would rather stand up for an obvious racial slur and victim shame people because they are offended. 

You're just another person trying to downplay slavery by trying to tell me how it started. It doesn't matter how it started; it was white people owning black people. They fought a damn war over it! You have no right to tell anyone how they should feel about their ancestors being property. Whether or not all the slaves are dead, this country is still be affected by it's past. Take the blindfold off.

Nice tirade.  But if you actually read what I wrote......My point was:

Different races on this Earth don't inherit 'intellectual  property' rights over every saying they perceive to be 'theirs'.

I'm glad you feel so comfortable putting people into little cubby holes (bolded).  It must help you keep your narrative alive. And of course 'people like you' need to have everything very clean cut.  Someone to blame all the time.  Personally, I, nor any of my ancestors ever owned slaves.  My forefathers were dirt farmers.  I also am blessed with quite a few black friends (their word not mine, they hate the African-American thing because NONE of them are from Africa) who wish the conversation could move forward. But as long as the conversation is mired in political correctness there is no point in the conversation, because accuracy and honesty aren't part of the dialogue yet.

I didn't tell you how to feel about it man.  That's you telling me how I stood up for a racial slur when I did no such thing. Why did you feel the need to preface yourself a white guy? I never implied you were any race.

One last thing.....WTF is 'victim shaming'?  Christ almighty, you PC people will just make **** up to stereotype everyone!

Edited by Dubz41

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Nice tirade.  But if you actually read what I wrote......My point was:

Different races on this Earth don't inherit 'intellectual  property' rights over every saying they perceive to be 'theirs'.

I'm glad you feel so comfortable putting people into little cubby holes (bolded).  It must help you keep your narrative alive. And of course 'people like you' need to have everything very clean cut.  Someone to blame all the time.  Personally, I, nor any of my ancestors ever owned slaves.  My forefathers were dirt farmers.  I also am blessed with quite a few black friends (their word not mine, they hate the African-American thing because NONE of them are from Africa) who wish the conversation could move forward. But as long as the conversation is mired in political correctness there is no point in the conversation, because accuracy and honesty aren't part of the dialogue yet.

I didn't tell you how to feel about it man.  That's you telling me how I stood up for a racial slur when I did no such thing.

One last thing.....WTF is 'victim shaming'?  Christ almighty, you people will just make **** up to stereotype everyone!

You tried to give me a slavery lesson and said it didn't fit my narrative. This whole conversation was about a white guy saying a black guy is out of his "cotton picking mind". If that is not a problematic saying to you, that is a you problem, not the person offended by it.

The victim shaming comes in when you tell people they don't have a right to be offended by an obvious racial slur. While I agree people get offended pretty easily about stupid stuff, this is not one of those instances. 

Just because old white people have been saying this forever doesn't make it right. You do you dude, I hope your black friends are cool with you standing up for an old racial slur!

5 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

You tried to give me a slavery lesson and said it didn't fit my narrative. This whole conversation was about a white guy saying a black guy is out of his "cotton picking mind". If that is not a problematic saying to you, that is a you problem, not the person offended by it.

The victim shaming comes in when you tell people they don't have a right to be offended by an obvious racial slur. While I agree people get offended pretty easily about stupid stuff, this is not one of those instances. 

Just because old white people have been saying this forever doesn't make it right. You do you dude, I hope your black friends are cool with you standing up for an old racial slur!

LIS- I didn't try to give you a slavery lesson, I said "I'd love to have a conversation about...."

I never said people didn't have a 'right' to be offended. I said "Just because you're offended doesn't make you right"

You do you dude.... I'm sorry but I don't know what this means.  Is it the latest PC term?

Thanks for asking about my friends, they're cool with what I said and they think you're hilarious.

Going forward, please read what people write and try to respect their perspective.  You twisted almost everything I said and you know why.......to fit YOUR narrative.

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

Whatever dude. Keep preaching against players because of their political leanings and victim shaming people. Seems to me your the one offended that someone is offended by a racial slur. 

Your virtue has been signaled!

929.jpg

I don't suffer BS from anyone, and this is some PC BS.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

They kinda should though. I understand some at some points it becomes American Culture, but to just ignore the decades of exploitation that made it that way is foolhardy at best.

Goes for music, food, vernacular, etc. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

I respect your opinion I guess. I'm from the south and this is a common old-timer phrase around here... it needs to die. 

I am far more offended by kids walking around with their pants hang off their a$$ then I am by some old time phrase that was not meant as anything more than an exclamation of how good a player was.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

They kinda should though. I understand some at some points it becomes American Culture, but to just ignore the decades of exploitation that made it that way is foolhardy at best.

Goes for music, food, vernacular, etc. 

So do I get credit for electricity, medicine, the airplane, the telephone, the computer, toothpaste.....?

• Like 1

Just now, DavidatMIZZOU said:

So do I get credit for electricity, medicine, the airplane, the telephone, the computer, toothpaste.....?

It's not about credit. And Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, etc. were not exploited to take their property into the American marketplace. (And I would probably be trying to distance myself from those dudes anyway - Bell = pro-eugenics, Edison = guilty of multiple patent infringements)

I'm not saying people deserve credit, or people of other lifestyles can't enjoy art or inventions. 

Just a little introspection about the History of the United States should be the duty of every citizen.  

15 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

LIS- I didn't try to give you a slavery lesson, I said "I'd love to have a conversation about...."

Going forward, please read what people write and try to respect their perspective.  You twisted almost everything I said and you know why.......to fit YOUR narrative.

"Would love to have a conversation about how slavery started, who did what to whom, but you wouldn't like the narrative because it doesn't fit your 'victimized' viewpoint."

You did not try to have a conversation. You tried to teach me because it doesn't fit my "victimized" viewpoint. 

If you tried to respect my perspective this conversation would be a lot different. I guess I am just the personification of the "Pussification" of America right? Or a Libtard? Or a Snowflake? 

I tried to explain why people would be upset about a RACIAL SLUR. You guys tried to teach me why I shouldn't be offended, that old white people say it so it's fine, that how slavery started doesn't fit my 'victimized veiwpoint' (your words). The irony in all of this is always hilarious.

I will stay off your guys' lawns from now on...#MAWA

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

It's not about credit. And Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, etc. were not exploited to take their property into the American marketplace. (And I would probably be trying to distance myself from those dudes anyway - Bell = pro-eugenics, Edison = guilty of multiple patent infringements)

I'm not saying people deserve credit, or people of other lifestyles can't enjoy art or inventions. 

Just a little introspection about the History of the United States should be the duty of every citizen.  

This is a question I have for a lot of people, and they don't like it... Why is eugenics wrong? We do it with the food we eat.  We do it with the pets we own.  What is wrong with Steve and Susan both being 6'2 and wanting a tall child? As long as they are not forced to breed with each other, or the people with "undesirable" traits aren't sterilized or culled, what is the problem? Would the world not be better with more Wladimir Klitchkos and fewer Cletus from the Simpsons?

3 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

"Would love to have a conversation about how slavery started, who did what to whom, but you wouldn't like the narrative because it doesn't fit your 'victimized' viewpoint."

You did not try to have a conversation. You tried to teach me because it doesn't fit my "victimized" viewpoint. 

If you tried to respect my perspective this conversation would be a lot different. I guess I am just the personification of the "Pussification" of America right? Or a Libtard? Or a Snowflake? 

I tried to explain why people would be upset about a RACIAL SLUR. You guys tried to teach me why I shouldn't be offended, that old white people say it so it's fine, that how slavery started doesn't fit my 'victimized veiwpoint' (your words). The irony in all of this is always hilarious.

I will stay off your guys' lawns from now on...#MAWA

Wow. You just can't stop trying to put me in a little box can you?!?  That's so cute if it wasn't deplorable.

Your 'wif us or agin us' attitude is the problem.  You're trying to put us all in the Tea Party and that IS hilarious.

You argue like a teenager. Jumping to conclusions. Assuming all kinds of things that just aren't so.

Good luck to you in your puberty years.

14 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I am far more offended by kids walking around with their pants hang off their a$$ then I am by some old time phrase that was not meant as anything more than an exclamation of how good a player was.  

Why is that exactly? 

Old time phrase or not... it contains a racial connotation and should not be used.

Stop being offended by how other people present themselves..though i can see how that would be a bigger issue to you than an old white guy saying a black athlete is “out of his cotton pickin mind.”  

• Like 1