This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

2 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Hey now, Norm and I live the plains states. 

Haha I actually just moved back here from the east coast. Love it but definitely not for everyone.

So do HtoZ and CWood.  Pretty much South Dakota South through Texas is a flat nothing terribly boring to drive through.  Add to that Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri North of interstate 70.  When I was 14 I flew to Denver with my dad to get one of his company cars... Drove from Denver to Madison, in the winter.  Yuck.  There are great things in those states, the drive through is not one of them.

15 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

So do HtoZ and CWood.  Pretty much South Dakota South through Texas is a flat nothing terribly boring to drive through.  Add to that Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri North of interstate 70.  When I was 14 I flew to Denver with my dad to get one of his company cars... Drove from Denver to Madison, in the winter.  Yuck.  There are great things in those states, the drive through is not one of them.

ND is much, much worse than SD. ND doesn't even have the caveat of having great things in the state, there's Fargo but that's pretty much Minnesota anyways.

5 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

ND is much, much worse than SD. ND doesn't even have the caveat of having great things in the state, there's Fargo but that's pretty much Minnesota anyways.

I love that family guy episode with the commercial for North Dakota where Peter says "North Dakota! We're not even the best Dakota!"

53 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

As a Big Ten guy I don’t want to see Michigan take the L. But as a sports fan... hooolyyy cow, Go Loyola-Chicago!

Michigan St with their annual early exit always makes me chuckle. Over hyped every single year

Michigan looks like a double digit loser in the Championship game. Beilein is a damn good coach though. I'd take him over Izzo

Edited by cannondale

Any bourbon drinkers out there?  I'm looking to add a higher end bottle to my bar ($100 or less).  I have Gentleman Jack, Oregon Spirit and Bunhabbin 12 year scotch right now.  I'm looking for something a little sweeter to drink with just an ice cube and a touch of water.

Tough part about bourbon is that tastings are few and far between, gotta rely on others who really know their stuff....

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Any bourbon drinkers out there?  I'm looking to add a higher end bottle to my bar ($100 or less).  I have Gentleman Jack, Oregon Spirit and Bunhabbin 12 year scotch right now.  I'm looking for something a little sweeter to drink with just an ice cube and a touch of water.

Tough part about bourbon is that tastings are few and far between, gotta rely on others who really know their stuff....

I like Booker's and Angel's Envy.  I also liked something from Kansas City that my uncle had in his bar... but I can't remember what it was called.  It will all come down to personal taste, I may love something and you may hate it.  You will find a gem, and you will waste some money.  I would recommend trying different bourbons when you go out next.  Have your first drink the bourbon on the rocks so you get a taste with a clean palate.  That way you are only out $8-12 instead of ~70.

I just found this site when I was looking up Angel's Envy to check the price, I couldn't remember what it cost.

http://whiskeyreviewer.com

I'll check it out a little later when I have more time.

@DavidatMizzou....I've been told about Angel's Envy from two other people as well!  I do have my eye on that one!

4 Roses always comes up too...I've had a bottle of that and it was good, I'm just looking for something a little better.

40 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Angels-Envy-Cask-Strength-2nd-edition.jp

50 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Well you guys, it's official. We now have more posts than the entire TAST section. Pat yourself on the back today for mostly halfway decent conversation

I'll pat my front thank you very much.