This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Has anyone here ever picked up and moved to a place where you didn’t know anyone before?

I did it last year and it wasn’t bad, wasn’t great. Came back to my hometown this year, but think I wanna head out again and was looking for any tips or anything. 

Been there, done that.  For graduate school.  It was awkward, but only for a week or so.  Pretty easy to meet people wherever you are.  I walked into the Chamber of Commerce and talked to someone about local fishing spots.  Simply went fishing, met folks with that common interest and made friends.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:51 AM, pollino14 said:

Has anyone here ever picked up and moved to a place where you didn’t know anyone before?

I've done that three times already.  Colorado, North Carolina, Texas.  Hated all three, although North Carolina had the best weather and wildlife. 

On 3/20/2018 at 8:51 AM, pollino14 said:

I did it last year and it wasn’t bad, wasn’t great. Came back to my hometown this year, but think I wanna head out again and was looking for any tips or anything. 

I did it. Moved into the damn ghetto too. Got bed bugs. Almost got murdered, my own fault. Wasn't that great.

If I ever do it again, it will be to somewhere halfway decent.

38 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've done that three times already.  Colorado, North Carolina, Texas.  Hated all three, although North Carolina had the best weather and wildlife. 

You hated Colorado? I love it here. What didn't you like, if you don't mind me asking? 

On 3/20/2018 at 7:51 AM, pollino14 said:

i'm thinking about doing this in the next handful of years... & i'm not really worried about meeting new people (im actually looking forward to it) but rather i'm not sure how ill deal with leaving very close people (friends/family)... apparently I increasingly hate winter more than I value my current friendships lol

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Wilmington.  Way too crowded for my liking. 

I've never been a fan of Wilmington. Crowded, nothing but belligerent college students, and heroin. 

If you ever back in NC and want to see the best of it, let me know.

Edited by packerrfan74
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The weather, lack of interesting wildlife and all the hippies. 

I'll definitely agree on the hippies. Unfortunately with marijuana being legal here, which I'm not against, the  incoming hippie floodgates were thrown wide open it seems. I'm hopeful more states vote for legalization so there's more options for them elsewhere. 

Unless someone is a dedicated hunter/fisherman the wildlife is definitely not exotic, although eminently plentiful.