This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've done that three times already.  Colorado, North Carolina, Texas.  Hated all three, although North Carolina had the best weather and wildlife. 

Was it the area or just tough ? Tbh NC and Col are high on my list

1 hour ago, driftwood said:

i'm thinking about doing this in the next handful of years... & i'm not really worried about meeting new people (im actually looking forward to it) but rather i'm not sure how ill deal with leaving very close people (friends/family)... apparently I increasingly hate winter more than I value my current friendships lol

I think the key is the area. It stinks not being with your friends and family but with FaceTime and crap it’s better.

My big mistake was being in a rural part of MD when I’m not comfortable in that setting.

Just now, pollino14 said:

Was it the area or just tough ? Tbh NC and Col are high on my list

I love North Carolina in a post-apocalypse scenario where there are no people.  I looked around at all the small towns for a really good distance (I'd say 100 miles) and I didn't find anywhere that I liked.  Everywhere in that area is either too crowded and full of people or there's nothing there.  Traffic is horrible for such a small city.  Lot of great things about North Carolina though.  A LOT of great things about North Carolina.  It's a really underrated state in my opinion because even though it's a "southern" state, it's not as bad as it's made out to be. 

Colorado is just not for me.  Do not take my opinion on Colorado.  It's pretty funny because I am not a pot guy at all.  I've literally never tried it before once in my life not because I hate it or anything, just because it's not something I'm interested.  I moved there a week before it got legalized.  I will say that the mountain towns of Colorado are amazing.  Estes Park is amazing.  If you move there, I would strongly suggest being in a town near there.  Fort Collins or Windsor.  I lived in Windsor, Colorado and it's a fantastic little town of about 20,000 people.  If Colorado had the weather and wildlife of North Carolina, I would have never left it.  Fort Collins is alright.  I just really can't stand hippies and there are a lot of hippies there and it gets cold. 

17 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I love North Carolina in a post-apocalypse scenario where there are no people.  I looked around at all the small towns for a really good distance (I'd say 100 miles) and I didn't find anywhere that I liked.  Everywhere in that area is either too crowded and full of people or there's nothing there.  Traffic is horrible for such a small city.  Lot of great things about North Carolina though.  A LOT of great things about North Carolina.  It's a really underrated state in my opinion because even though it's a "southern" state, it's not as bad as it's made out to be. 

Colorado is just not for me.  Do not take my opinion on Colorado.  It's pretty funny because I am not a pot guy at all.  I've literally never tried it before once in my life not because I hate it or anything, just because it's not something I'm interested.  I moved there a week before it got legalized.  I will say that the mountain towns of Colorado are amazing.  Estes Park is amazing.  If you move there, I would strongly suggest being in a town near there.  Fort Collins or Windsor.  I lived in Windsor, Colorado and it's a fantastic little town of about 20,000 people.  If Colorado had the weather and wildlife of North Carolina, I would have never left it.  Fort Collins is alright.  I just really can't stand hippies and there are a lot of hippies there and it gets cold. 

Man, I could point you towards some GREAT places to live. When you say 100 miles, do you mean from Wilmington? Because based off of your interests it sounds like you would prefer somewhere in the mountains. I would say Asheville but that would put you right there back with the hippies. It's a very liberal area. I lived about 45 minutes west of there for a little while and it was great. Easy walks down to waterfalls. A couple mile drive to get into town to a Wal-Mart. There's also a D1 school there with a miserable football program, but hey it's something. The Smokys are something else though. I would love to move back out there.

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Man, I could point you towards some GREAT places to live. When you say 100 miles, do you mean from Wilmington? Because based off of your interests it sounds like you would prefer somewhere in the mountains. I would say Asheville but that would put you right there back with the hippies. It's a very liberal area. I lived about 45 minutes west of there for a little while and it was great. Easy walks down to waterfalls. A couple mile drive to get into town to a Wal-Mart. There's also a D1 school there with a miserable football program, but hey it's something. The Smokys are something else though. I would love to move back out there.

What other places there are more liberal?

26 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

What other places there are more liberal?

Honestly, the triangle (Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hill) is becoming more and more liberal dominant. And then probably Charlotte. So really the major cities in the state. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Honestly, the triangle (Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hill) is becoming more and more liberal dominant. And then probably Charlotte. So really the major cities in the state. 

That's pretty universal isn't it? College towns and major cities are almost always more liberal while rural and suburban areas are more conservative.

When I refer to hippies, I'm not referring to liberals.  I've got nothing against liberals for the most part.  Speaking non-politically of course.  I'm talking about liberal with their use of ketchup of course.  

Hippies are people in Colorado who literally stink, are wildly pretentious, who think they know art because they can diagnose a Salvador Dali painting, who fart in glass bottles and have a fart smelling party, who can list five soundscape musicians... I could go on.  Hippies are basically petulant children who picked a state to run away to because they're upset with their parents and want to make their friends from high school jealous and end up in massive, crippling debt by the time they're 27 while acting like entrepreneurs because they bought a stock once and know all about Steve Jobs.   

I know Portland, Oregon is full of hippies, too.  Most of them aren't even liberal ketchup users.  I know a bunch who are conservative with their ketchup use that live in Portland.  Knew a bunch in Colorado who were conservative with their ketchup. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Haha I was born in Fort Collins and I love it, and I went to school in Boulder so I am accustomed to the ways of the hippie. Just go hack on the quad brah. 

I get it though. I loved the wilderness, the generally laid back vibe, and the pot. I live in Oklahoma now, and I do not recommend. 

Edited by SpeightTheVillain

14 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Haha I was born in Fort Collins and I love it, and I went to school in Boulder so I am accustomed to the ways of the hippie. Just go hack on the quad brah. 

I get it though. I loved the wilderness, the generally laid back vibe, and the pot. I live in Oklahoma now, and I do not recommend. 

I knew I was in Boulder when a dude leaving the brewery held the door for me while standing on his long board ha

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I knew I was in Boulder when a dude leaving the brewery held the door for me while standing on his long board ha

My "joke" about Denver is that if you ever need a seat at a crowded bar on a friday night you just loudly say "Hey Chad. You left your Jeep lights on." and three guys will get up to go check. In Denver there are what I call "bruhs" everywhere. The half stoner half bro/frat boy type. They kinda suck.

My "Boulder in a nutshell" is a blonde girl with dreads on her IPhone, sipping a Starbucks, complaining about capatalism while getting into the BMW her dad bought for her. Boulder is the worst.

All in all Colorado is pretty good though. 

• Like 2