This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

I've been in Fort Collins for a few years now. All in all I really love it, except for the aforementioned hippies, but honestly I rarely run into them. Of course, I don't go to any of the college bars so that may have something to do with it. Love Old Town though. 

I swear practically everyone has a ******* Subaru Outback. I really despise the ones with bumper stickers announcing how "vegan" they are. 

• Like 1

Every place has good and bad aspects to it, and good and bad people.  You would think it would be different in different locations, but it really isn't.

I can only think of a couple of places, in the US and Canada, where the reputation of the people that live there would make me not want to live there.  And I could be dead wrong, but the few interactions and most vociferous people from there really turn me off. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I've been in Fort Collins for a few years now. All in all I really love it, except for the aforementioned hippies, but honestly I rarely run into them. Of course, I don't go to any of the college bars so that may have something to do with it. Love Old Town though. 

I swear practically everyone has a ******* Subaru Outback. I really despise the ones with bumper stickers announcing how "vegan" they are. 

You got issues with a Subaru Outback.....my dog loves the hatch back for our ventures to the park and other places.  

It also rocks at traveling with skis and other outdoor gear.  

3 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Every place has good and bad aspects to it, and good and bad people.  You would think it would be different in different locations, but it really isn't.

I can only think of a couple of places, in the US and Canada, where the reputation of the people that live there would make me not want to live there.  And I could be dead wrong, but the few interactions and most vociferous people from there really turn me off. 

Very much.  All places have pros and cons.  Most of us have the option to avoid those places that we do not like and tend to migrate to the places we feel more comfortable with the people and surroundings.  

Just now, squire12 said:

Got one as a rental for our tour through Sunlight Basin and Beartooth Hwy in Wyoming/Montana -  that thing was pretty sweet on the mountain roads. We had to drive 17 miles each way just to buy beer for crying out loud. That thing flies

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3U60kFBTpaCLbr2VmFPU

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

I wish there was a better Packers bar in FoCo. The Stone House closed and they haven't picked up the pieces yet for true Packers fans. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I get it though. I loved the wilderness, the generally laid back vibe, and the pot. I live in Oklahoma now, and I do not recommend. 

I am in Texoma right now and I have never experienced dumber people in my life.  I absolutely hate it here.  It's my fault because I should have gone further south in Texas for better wildlife, but the people in Texoma are the worst in every way I have ever experienced in my life.  I would rather live in the same house as three hippies than live another month in Texoma. 

I don't think Texas is all that bad as a state or even as bad as people pretend it is, but Texoma is the worst area I have ever lived in in my life. 

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

You got issues with a Subaru Outback.....my dog loves the hatch back for our ventures to the park and other places.  

No issues on balance. I just appreciate variety. I'd like to post something next to the 'Welcome to Colorful Colorado' signs that reads 'It's okay if you don't drive an Outback!'

14 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I really liked Texas every time I have been there.  

I will say that driving through the plains states is death.  Hats off to truckers for being able to do that.

You learn how to count cows.. and smoke drugs.  It should be the first place they try out automated vehicles. Roads are mostly straight and there's almost no one out there to hit. All that flat is a snooze-fest fast.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:43 AM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I really liked Texas every time I have been there.  

I will say that driving through the plains states is death.  Hats off to truckers for being able to do that.

Hey now, Norm and I live the plains states. 

Haha I actually just moved back here from the east coast. Love it but definitely not for everyone.