Week 11 Games

Leader

The Vikings LOOK like legitimate contenders, but we’ve seen this too many times before.  I honestly believe that they are not capable of competing against the Packers, Seahawks, Saints in the playoffs. I really believe Packers, Seahawks and Saints are the three best teams in the league all things considered.  

All three have laid eggs against some teams they should have beaten, but overall they’re the best teams.  

The Vikings defense is capable of being very good, but lately is been more like average.  Cousins is gonna Kirk a couple more times, too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I don't know if I was the only one, but I was the most vocal. My prediction for the Bears was 6-10. You could tell Trubisky was no prime time QB. Last year all the breaks fell their way, this year, they are who we thought they were! 

I guess I thought Nagy would make it work and the defense was more than good enough. 

I probably give our rivals too much credit every year. I always think they're better than they usually end up being

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

I guess I thought Nagy would make it work and the defense was more than good enough. 

I probably give our rivals too much credit every year. I always think they're better than they usually end up being

I probably give them too little credit too! As for the Vikings they were handed two W's the last two weeks by opposing HC's who are incompetent. They honestly should be staring at 6-5 right now. 

Cousins will let them down, it's what average QB's do! 

Edited by Golfman

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The Vikings LOOK like legitimate contenders, but we’ve seen this too many times before.  I honestly believe that they are not capable of competing against the Packers, Seahawks, Saints in the playoffs. I really believe Packers, Seahawks and Saints are the three best teams in the league all things considered.  

All three have laid eggs against some teams they should have beaten, but overall they’re the best teams.  

The Vikings defense is capable of being very good, but lately is been more like average.  Cousins is gonna Kirk a couple more times, too.

Their back end isn't that strong. That's the weak part of their defense. I think Cousins has turned the corner. He almost singlehandedly won that game yesterday against a good defense. 

8 minutes ago, Howler said:

Cousins leads the NFL in 4th quarter QB rating. 141.3. He's firmly a 2nd tier QB, much like he was in Washington. Not great, but good, right below that top tier (Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Watson). 

And if we're being honest with ourselves, in spite of our/my Viking hate, I'm very hopeful we have a 4th quarter performing QB like that to replace Rodgers in a few years when he inevitably retires.  Not saying Cousins is clutch now, but when looking at life without Rodgers and knowing that lightning most likely doesn't strike three times (relative to QB's), I'm pretty damn happy with those numbers. Cousins problems aren't who he is, it's what he's being paid.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Howler said:

Their back end isn't that strong. That's the weak part of their defense. I think Cousins has turned the corner. He almost singlehandedly won that game yesterday against a good defense. 

Maybe … he didn't look good at KC, Dallas coaching had a brain fart to lose the game at the end and yesterday, if Denver didn't have a qb making his 2nd nfl start making some horrible decisions (end of 1st half interception), it's a loss.  Credit Cousins for the win but it was a dumpster fire for much of that game and Denver didn't put out the fire. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I think the NFC is wide open for those top 5 teams (SF, GB, NO, Minn, SEA). No team is consistently dominant right now. Saints were probably looking the most consistent after getting some impressive wins with Bridgewater at QB. Then they laid an egg against ATL. Seattle has won some close games they very well should have lost, including to Cincy in Week 1 and TB recently. The Packers the same, we have a few impressive wins, and two losses against .500 or below teams. Vikings pretty much in the same boat in looking up and down. San Fran right there too, they played a soft schedule but let's not act like they can't compete against good teams. They lost to SEA but barely. They could certainly lose some more games, but they'll play those games tough. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Denver was so close to making my week yesterday. I don't look past the Vikes, but I tend to agree with your assessment.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

But more often than not, even when they are having down years they typically play the Packers tough regardless. 

• Like 1

This is fairly impressive.......

Bleacher Report -  Lamar Jackson over Baltimore’s six-game winning streak:

67.6 completion %
1,148 passing yards
550 rushing yards
14 total TD | 3 INT
103.5 QB rating
Beat Brady, Wilson, Watson
Overtook Russ as MVP favorite

Y'all are going gaga over Cousins but he's throwing to guys that are wide open because of defensive breakdowns. 

They've gone 6-1 after a shaky start and beat the Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Lions, Cowboys and Broncos. The Cowboys and Broncos should have beaten them. The Broncos QB was afraid to win in the final 3 plays. The adrenaline got to him badly. Jason Garret, enough said regarding the Cowboys debacle!

If you want to crown their ***, crown them, but they are who we thought they were!  

Edited by Golfman

31 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Y'all are going gaga over Cousins but he's throwing to guys that are wide open because of defensive breakdowns. 

They've gone 6-1 after a shaky start and beat the Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Lions, Cowboys and Broncos. The Cowboys and Broncos should have beaten them. The Broncos QB was afraid to win in the final 3 plays. The adrenaline got to him badly. Jason Garret, enough said regarding the Cowboys debacle!

If you want to crown their ***, crown them, but they are who we thought they were!  

One of the more homerish (is that right?) posts that I've seen in a while 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

One of the more homerish (is that right?) posts that I've seen in a while 

Probably and what's wrong with that?  This is a Packer forum site not a Viking one.  And what Golfman said,  what do you disagree with?  You make the statement of being a "homer" ... where was he factually wrong?  Prove him wrong instead of throwing that homerism crap around.  Sorry, you hit a nerve!