The culture that is the Cleveland Browns (Plus guess Garrett's Suspension length)

brownie man

To who's fault is our culture?   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who's most to blame for this specific 2019 Browns team culture

• Jimmy Haslam
    • John Dorsey
    • Freddie Kitches
    • Baker Mayfield
  2. 2. How many games is Garrett suspened for

• Rest of the season
    • other
  3. 3. Does Freddie have control of the locker room?

• Yes
    • No

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

^^^^^

inb4 wall of text arguing minutia.

200.webp?cid=790b76110d56993d24e3173a325

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I would take this post more seriously if you weren't the one who defended the 1-31 Hue Jackson for ages.

100.webp?cid=790b761162ca58f3f7967bb927a

-----

The Real Sh*t ... It's simple:

Leading the league in penalties was baked in/part of the plan/recipe during the Hue era; Leading the league in penalties was not baked in part of the plan/recipe during the Freddie era

If you plan/have a recipe to bake a vanilla cake and you buy all the ingredients and mix and prepare them successfully per the instructions, you'd expect for your cake to taste like a vanilla cake and you'd be disappointed if it didn't taste like a vanilla cake. You'd then start to question maybe the Cake Brand, if the instructions were wrong, or if one of your ingredients was the reason for the Cake not coming out how it was planned to.

If you have a plan to bake a Historical losing money-ball Cake with the explicit goal of getting high draft picks for 2 years and then try to start winning in year 3, and you successfully buy, mix in, and prepare those ingredients (i.e., talent deficient rookie QBs Cody Kessler and Deshone Kizer, 13 and 16 Starters out of 22 total Starters being in their 1st or 2nd year, mostly talent deficient street free agents 2 depth and/or roster-wide talent deficient players like Bryce Treggs, Kasen Williams,Kenny Britt, the list goes on, etc), you'd expect the cake to taste like historical losing and misery. So, ultimately it just never made sense to me with how dismayed people were when our historical losing misery cake recipe came out as it was intended and the desire was to just blame the coach instead of blaming the coach and all the other elements. Leading the league in penalties is part of the recipe.

Look at the plan we have now, the ingredients we have, and what the cake looks like. The plan/reciple is a winning plan, the ingredients are numerous high-level, top 8 at their position, pro-bowl, all-pro level players (OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Joel Bitonio, Denzel Ward, Myles Garrett, Larry Ogunjobi, Olivier Vernon, Sheldon Richardson, JC Tretter, Joe Schobert, Demarious Randall, Terrance Mitchell etc), quality veterans and not just rookies everywhere, quality depth, a high level draft pick talented QB, a competent Front Office. We mix up the ingredients and go to taste our winning cake recipe and it taste like we grabbed the wrong box off the shelf and accidentally bought a losing record, underperforming cake recipe, it's reasonable to question the Coach. Leading the league in penalties is not part of the recipe.

----

On the Hue era:

All I ever wanted was rational football conversation during the Hue era and the Freddie era.

I hated unjust/illegitimate criticisms of Hue as much as I hate unjust/illegitimate criticisms of Freddie. The takes that just use coach blame as an excuse not to reason out football analysis and just lose oneself in the feel-goodism of blaming a simple black and white answer to issues that are so simple .. I've always thought and argued that they are ridiculous. 

Despite my numerous post and titled threads like "Legitimate Versus Illegitimate Criticism of Hue," it was easy to paint me as just a Hue apologists in the misery of losing and miss out on the long, non-quality post I had that most of the time highlighted legitimate critiques of Hue.

I guess it took some high level non-reptilian mind to understand my numerous nuanced post about Hue back era. All my post were simple: 1.) There are Legitimate Vs Illegitimate Criticisms of Hue/Freddie... I pushed back against the illegitimate and elevated the legit based on my perspective, 2.) The organizational plan was to achieve 2 years of historic losing so why are we just blaming the coach when the plan manifests itself, 3.) Our roster was either talent deficient or rookie/inexperienced and when those roster's are led by less talented rookie QBs it's a guarantee that historic losing will follow.

-------

Edited by Mind Character

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

-----

Leading the league in penalties was baked in/part of the plan/recipe during the Hue era; Leading the league in penalties was not baked in part of the plan/recipe during the Freddie era

If you plan/have a recipe to bake a vanilla cake and you buy all the ingredients and mix and prepare them successfully per the instructions, you'd expect for your cake to taste like a vanilla cake and you'd be disappointed if it didn't taste like a vanilla cake. You'd then start to question maybe the Cake Brand, if the instructions were wrong, or if one of your ingredients was the reason for the Cake not coming out how it was planned to.

If you have a plan to bake a Historical losing money-ball Cake with the explicit goal of getting high draft picks for 2 years and then try to start winning in year 3, and you successfully buy, mix in, and prepare those ingredients (i.e., talent deficient rookie QBs Cody Kessler and Deshone Kizer, 13 and 16 Starters out of 22 total Starters being in their 1st or 2nd year, mostly talent deficient street free agents 2 depth and/or roster-wide talent deficient players like Bryce Treggs, Kasen Williams,Kenny Britt, the list goes on, etc), you'd expect the cake to taste like historical losing and misery. So, ultimately it just never made sense to me with how dismayed people were when our historical losing misery cake recipe came out as it was intended and the desire was to just blame the coach instead of blaming the coach and all the other elements. Leading the league in penalties is part of the recipe.

Look at the plan we have now, the ingredients we have, and what the cake looks like. The plan/reciple is a winning plan, the ingredients are numerous high-level, top 8 at their position, pro-bowl, all-pro level players (OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Joel Bitonio, Denzel Ward, Myles Garrett, Larry Ogunjobi, Olivier Vernon, Sheldon Richardson, JC Tretter, Joe Schobert, Demarious Randall, Terrance Mitchell etc), quality veterans and not just rookies everywhere, quality depth, a high level draft pick talented QB, a competent Front Office. We mix up the ingredients and go to taste our winning cake recipe and it taste like we grabbed the wrong box off the shelf and accidentally bought a losing record, underperforming cake recipe, it's reasonable to question the Coach. Leading the league in penalties is not part of the recipe.

----

On the Hue era:

All I ever wanted was rational football conversation during the Hue era and the Freddie era.

I hated unjust/illegitimate criticisms of Hue as much as I hate unjust/illegitimate criticisms of Freddie. The takes that just use coach blame as an excuse not to reason out football analysis and just lose oneself in the feel-goodism of blaming a simple black and white answer to issues that are so simple .. I've always thought and argued that they are ridiculous. 

Despite my numerous post and titled threads like "Legitimate Versus Illegitimate Criticism of Hue," it was easy to paint me as just a Hue apologists in the misery of losing and miss out on the long, non-quality post I had that most of the time highlighted legitimate critiques of Hue.

It guess it took some high level non-reptilian mind to understand my numerous nuanced post about Hue back era. All my post were simple: 1.) There are Legitimate Vs Illegitimate Criticisms of Hue/Freddie, 2.) The organizational plan was to achieve 2 years of historic losing so why are we just blaming the coach when the plan manifests itself, 3.) Our roster was either talent deficient or rookie/inexperienced and when those roster's are led by less talented rookie QBs it's a guarantee that historic losing will follow.

-------

Like taking candy from a baby.. 😂 

• Like 1

In a vacuum, the fight last night is actually the first real signs of life I've seen from a Cleveland Browns team in over a decade. This team has beaten Pittsburgh AND Baltimore for the first time EVER in the same season.

Now, they just need to channel that passion/hatred appropriately.

If anything gives me hope in the Freddie Kitchens coached Browns, it's actually the last 13 seconds of last night tbh. (I'm not condoning the helmet thing btw)

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

In a vacuum, the fight last night is actually the first real signs of life I've seen from a Cleveland Browns team in over a decade. This team has beaten Pittsburgh AND Baltimore for the first time EVER in the same season.

Now, they just need to channel that passion/hatred appropriately.

If anything gives me hope in the Freddie Kitchens coached Browns, it's actually the last 13 seconds of last night tbh. (I'm not condoning the helmet thing btw)

The thing I didn’t like about the end (other than the obvious) was that guys like Garrett were out there in the first place.

The game is out of reach, there’s nothing good coming from having him out there save some garbage time stats.

Myles, Larry, Joe, the corners, etc should be on the bench.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

-----

----

On the Hue era:

I guess it took some high level non-reptilian mind to understand my numerous nuanced post about Hue back era. All my post were simple: 1.) There are Legitimate Vs Illegitimate Criticisms of Hue/Freddie... I pushed back against the illegitimate and elevated the legit based on my perspective, 2.) The organizational plan was to achieve 2 years of historic losing so why are we just blaming the coach when the plan manifests itself, 3.) Our roster was either talent deficient or rookie/inexperienced and when those roster's are led by less talented rookie QBs it's a guarantee that historic losing will follow.

-------

@LETSGOBROWNIES

I'd say you're a modern day Nostradamus, but anyone could have predicted this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

Lol, I am running out of footballs fast. I agree with what everyone is saying. If Garrett is suspended and Rudolph isn't, the NFL is a complete joke. Granted, Garrett's suspension should be for longer, but there better be some sort of suspension for Rudolph and Pouncey as well.

If he surprised if Rudolph is suspended, but he’ll likely be fined a large amount.

I’d imagine Pouncey gets multiple games and Larry may get one as well.

Not a good situation for us.

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Paging @brownie man

I blame him and Dorsey for the stupid culture of this team where player do literally the dumbest things 

1.  Left tackle Kicks player in the face get suspended

2. Jermaine Whitehead sends threats of killing people on twitter gets cut

3. Callaway can’t make it to the game on time so you have to bench him and the eventually cut him a year after drafting him

4. Star leader of the team swings helmet at opposing player 

And there are more I’m just tired of reliving them 

face it the leadership in this organization is not truly conducive to being championship level  

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I blame him and Dorsey for the stupid culture of this team where player do literally the dumbest things 

1.  Left tackle Kicks player in the face get suspended

2. Jermaine Whitehead sends threats of killing people on twitter gets cut

3. Callaway can’t make it to the game on time so you have to bench him and the eventually cut him a year after drafting him

4. Star leader of the team swings helmet at opposing player 

And there are more I’m just tired of reliving them 

face it the leadership in this organization is not truly conducive to being championship level  

So the person actually committing the actions is never at fault, but instead, someone else? Do you always feel this way about everything? That the perpetrator of the action is never at fault?