The culture that is the Cleveland Browns (Plus guess Garrett's Suspension length)

brownie man

To who's fault is our culture?   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who's most to blame for this specific 2019 Browns team culture

• Jimmy Haslam
    • John Dorsey
    • Freddie Kitches
    • Baker Mayfield
  2. 2. How many games is Garrett suspened for

• Rest of the season
    • other
  3. 3. Does Freddie have control of the locker room?

• Yes
    • No

When a majority rookie and inexperienced starters team is leading the league in critical situation penalties it is often expected. Historically young rosters always lead the league in penalties.

When a majority veteran starter filled team leads the league in 3rd down penalties, pre-snap penalties, post-snap penalties, and personal conduct penalties it's a discipline attention to detail issue, as well as an issue with how coaching (assistant coaches included) is able (or unable) to effect change.

Many of us have discussed before how winning is the opiate of the masses. To me, while i expect it many will, it would be unwise to whitewash our leading the league in penalties and rationalize it as not mattering because we happened to beat mostly bad teams in the 2nd half of the season. A team can go 8-8 and still have serious issues regarding sustainability of success. One thing to remember is that for most organizations that are well-adjusted to losing, an 8-8 record (or therabouts) is not a sign of success or something to celebrate and be excited about but instead a sign that the team could have some fatal flaws that need to be addressed going forward.

Hopefully, our discipline issues being in the public eye can redirect the focus on of our players even if the coaching program can't.

18 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

So would I, but I do believe it will just be the rest of the season.  Hoping he would be available for playoffs, albeit that's a slim hope (making it, and him being eligible)

One thing I hope he has going for him is that the farther removed we become from the incident the less bad it seems.

Re-reading the NFL Gen thread is hilarious.  "If this was off the field he'd be in jail".  Yeah ok lmao.  If somebody who was just trying to break your neck charged you again while his boys were holding you back I'd think you'd be within your rights whack him with whatever was within your grasp.

And the other clowns commenting on this saying that if he threw a punch it would be different....Myles could definitely turn off Mason's light with a fist just as easy.  Maybe not with Decastro draped over him, but if he connected a well thrown punch it's a worse outcome than the helmet swing honestly.

• Like 2