Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

RaidersAreOne

57 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Conveniently leaving out that Antonio Smith missed. It's not clear that he intended to miss, but he was suspended multiple games for the attempt. Garrett connected, and the NFL is in a much different place on player safety and blows to the head. Rudolph was also coming off a recent major concussion. It's a really bad look all around.

This is just the usual lawyer-weaseling to try to negotiate a lesser punishment. I hope. If he actually believes this is a valid argument for today's NFL, he's delusional.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Texans02 said:

Conveniently leaving out that Antonio Smith missed. It's not clear that he intended to miss, but he was suspended multiple games for the attempt. Garrett connected, and the NFL is in a much different place on player safety and blows to the head. Rudolph was also coming off a recent major concussion. It's a really bad look all around.

This is just the usual lawyer-weaseling to try to negotiate a lesser punishment. I hope. If he actually believes this is a valid argument for today's NFL, he's delusional.

Why did you not mention pounce he connected also there is precedence with 

punctured lungs end players career to.

let me compliment you your typing is excellent maybe the best on the board.

1 hour ago, Texans02 said:

It’s absolutely weasel lawyer talk, but the NFLPA and some have been successful in arguing suspension based upon precedent in past cases and reduction of suspension. They will also try to argue that the intent of both players was the same and what Myles did was not “unprecedented”.

TBH, the NFL should have suspended him a finite amount of games like 6 instead of using the “indefinite” label forcing him to be reinstated in the offseason.

2 hours ago, Texans02 said:

I don't believe there was ever solid evidence whether the helmet struck Incognito or not.

Obviously Garrett was wrong for swinging a weapon (helmet) at Rudolph.

Rudolph was also wrong for throwing weapons (footballs) at Browns players all game long.

• Like 3

Listening to Pittsburgh talk radio today they had a guy on who didn't understand why Ogunjobi was suspended and neither do I. If tugging/twisting a helmet and charging after that same guy and reaching out to do something doesn't warrant an ejection or suspension why does a single push get one?

We know why Garrett and Pouncey have suspensions but Ogunjobi's doesn't make sense unless they see Rudolph as a child or something.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Listening to Pittsburgh talk radio today they had a guy on who didn't understand why Ogunjobi was suspended and neither do I. If tugging/twisting a helmet and charging after that same guy and reaching out to do something doesn't warrant an ejection or suspension why does a single push get one?

We know why Garrett and Pouncey have suspensions but Ogunjobi's doesn't make sense unless they see Rudolph as a child or something.

Mike Evans was suspended 1 game last year for the same thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Mike Evans was suspended 1 game last year for the same thing. 

Well that wasn't a shove as much as a hit and then he jumped on top of him and threw a right hand at his helmet. What Ogunjobi did was closer to what Lattimore did to Winston prior to that.

46 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think this opinion is based on wanting to see Devlin Hodges play. I dont think anything Mason did warrants a suspension.

If you take the Pittsburgh opinion that Rudolph did nothing wrong then I agree. "He was trying to get Garrett off of him after a late hit and then went to ask for his helmet from Garrett" and that was Rudolph's only role in this. If you, like the Pittsburgh media and what seems like most fans believe, and apparently the NFL, then yeah, why would he. Innocent victim in this whole thing.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If you take the Pittsburgh opinion that Rudolph did nothing wrong then I agree. "He was trying to get Garrett off of him after a late hit and then went to ask for his helmet from Garrett" and that was Rudolph's only role in this. If you, like the Pittsburgh media and what seems like most fans believe, and apparently the NFL, then yeah, why would he. Innocent victim in this whole thing.

I didnt say he did nothing wrong. I said he did nothing suspension worthy. 

The hit, if you watch the replay wasnt really late. The issue however with the hit was the whole taking him to the ground and lying on top of him. It was excessive. 

Mason grabbed him by the helmet and shoved him essentially. That's it. The talk about a groin punch has been debunked, it didnt happen. It was a statement made by convenient photography but after other angles came out, it's clear that never happened. Does Rudolph deserve a fine? Absolutely. But nothing he did was so egregious that he deserves a suspension.

I agree that with Pounceys kick to the head albeit a weak kick to a guy wearing head protection, it warranted the multiple game suspension. If it had just been the punch, I think he gets 1 game. Larry's suspension, idk, I've got mixed feelings about that. Him coming up behind Mason like a punk and shoving him to the ground then claiming he was sticking up for Garrett was just sad. It would've been different if he had gone after Pouncey.

But I also see a lot of Celevalnd Fans and media trying to downplay Garrett's actions and place blame elsewhere like it was somehow acceptable and that his suspension should be reduced. To me, if he only serves a 6 game suspension, it's not even enough. 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The hit, if you watch the replay wasnt really late. The issue however with the hit was the whole taking him to the ground and lying on top of him. It was excessive. 

Mason grabbed him by the helmet and shoved him essentially. That's it. The talk about a groin punch has been debunked, it didnt happen. It was a statement made by convenient photography but after other angles came out, it's clear that never happened. Does Rudolph deserve a fine? Absolutely. But nothing he did was so egregious that he deserves a suspension.

I agree that with Pounceys kick to the head albeit a weak kick to a guy wearing head protection, it warranted the multiple game suspension. If it had just been the punch, I think he gets 1 game. Larry's suspension, idk, I've got mixed feelings about that. Him coming up behind Mason like a punk and shoving him to the ground then claiming he was sticking up for Garrett was just sad. It would've been different if he had gone after Pouncey.

But I also see a lot of Celevalnd Fans and media trying to downplay Garrett's actions and place blame elsewhere like it was somehow acceptable and that his suspension should be reduced. To me, if he only serves a 6 game suspension, it's not even enough. 

That's what I was talking about, you just said everything that I said. Rudolph had no fault in this. Took too long to complete his tackle so anything Rudolph did was fine. No blame for Rudolph except the blanket blame that no specific action was actually his fault.

Pittsburgh media (Crowley) actually called Cleveland fans mouth breathing inbreds. There is no wonder why we hear some of the same lame stuff from fans when local media puts this stuff out there.  I'm sure many if not all teams have garbage like that on the radio so I'm not just talking about Pittsburgh but it is a disservice to actual fans to act like that is the way to interact with people. Explains why the recent person was banned for two weeks for repeating this same kind of stuff all of the time, maybe it's the same guy, who knows. He says this right after saying national media has bias and is stupid (Sanders, Golic, Joe Thomas etc...) yet he is level headed and see everything exactly the way it is. He couldn't make it at this forum talking like that and he is given hours every day to rot the brains of Pittsburgh fans. He and those like him are a problem.

Garrett did a stupid and dangerous thing and fortunately for Rudolph and Garrett and the NFL he wasn't injured. He deserves punishment. Pouncy, even though he may have never connected with any strike he deserved a couple games for crossing the line also. Decastro should be commended for playing peacemaker. Rudolph did initiate the whole thing and once separated started it up a second time and while he didn't deserve a helmet to the head he did deserve to be ejected and since that didn't happen he deserved a game. Ogunjobi was ejected for a push so no way he deserved a game. Those are obvious to me. If Rudolph would have been ejected I don't think he should have been suspended a game but he wasn't.

The NFL loves the Steelers though and not the Browns and I understand that so nothing surprised me.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I cant believe after watching the video 100 times you still believes he was laying on top of him was excessive. If you still believe this your opinion has to be biased. They landed side by side. Garrett ended up on top of him cause of mason messing with his helmet. How you going to call it excessive. Here it is in slow motion. They land side by side. It was a simple tackle. No lay on top. No body weight, no spear. A simple twist down. 

https://youtu.be/0s2v2jW5OXU

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 1