• Amari Cooper
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • TY Hilton
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Keenan Allen
    • Michael Thomas
    • Mike Evans
    • Another player that wasn't listed

Whelp lets do this then! Here's some more fun Michael Thomas stats for his historic season this year:

Is there a better WR at running these quick slant routes, just absurd footwork by Thomas here:

Nice little tidbit here by Sean Payton regarding Thomas's level of play this season:

Here's a list of how WR's have done against Man Coverage this season, Thomas has consistently dominated opposing CB: 

Will be interesting to see by seasons end where this rates as one of the all time great seasons by a WR.

30 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

$20 says @GSUeagles14 is just a jealous Saints hater.

pretty sure im bbnot, in fact i was very flattering of him like 3 pages ago. did you even do a cursory read through of the thread?

i can probably answer tgat for you. theres easy arguments against him being the best, @Jakuvious just laid iut a great one. you dont have any desire to recognize some flaws or even try and dispute them. just post esse tialky irrelevant tweets or 8 second clips, exact thing you did in the kamara thread. learn new tricks.

anyway, as great as hes been this year, it doesnt compare to julio, cjs or rices. his adot is like 170 for wrs, thats absurdly low. but weve already  een down this road...

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

pretty sure im bbnot, in fact i was very flattering of him like 3 pages ago. did you even do a cursory read through of the thread?

i can probably answer tgat for you. theres easy arguments against him being the best, @Jakuvious just laid iut a great one. you dont have any desire to recognize some flaws or even try and dispute them. just post esse tialky irrelevant tweets or 8 second clips, exact thing you did in the kamara thread. learn new tricks.

anyway, as great as hes been this year, it doesnt compare to julio, cjs or rices. his adot is like 170 for wrs, thats absurdly low. but weve already  een down this road...

Honestly I would consider revising that jumbled mess. I think you are trying to bash my arguments for Thomas, but I can't tell because your post is borderline unreadable. About the only legible sentence is laughable at best. Saying Thomas's season doesn't compare to Julio is a joke, and only proves your bias against Saints players.

Michael Thomas is on pace for 180 targets, 151 catches, 9 touchdowns, and 1806 receiving yards.

Julio Jones best season (2015) he had 203 targets, 136 catches, 8 touchdowns, and 1871 receiving yards.

Edited by tyler735

8 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Honestly I would consider revising that jumbled mess. I think you are trying to bash my arguments for Thomas, but I can't tell because your post is borderline unreadable. About the only legible sentence is laughable at best. Saying Thomas's season doesn't compare to Julio is a joke, and only proves your bias against Saints players.

Michael Thomas is on pace for 180 targets, 151 catches, 9 touchdowns, and 1806 receiving yards.

Julio Jones best season (2015) he had 203 targets, 136 catches, 8 touchdowns, and 1871 receiving yards.

its almost like context matters. whike by no means am i sating what thomas does is easy, its insanely difficult, its just an easier task than all threeof those guys had. hes running, shorter, easier to complete passes. hes elite at it but hes not running the whole route tree. 

worry less about my grammer, which is just dumb to bring up for anyone in general, and read through the thread. theres only one real argument to be made for thomas not being the best, do you have any rebutall for it or just more dumb tweets?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

its almost like context matters. whike by no means am i sating what thomas does is easy, its insanely difficult, its just an easier task than all threeof those guys had. hes running, shorter, easier to complete passes. hes elite at it but hes not running the whole route tree. 

Just because Thomas isn't a consistent deep threat doesn't mean he doesn't run the whole route tree. Your argument right now is essentially he doesn't run many 9 routes so he can't be the best. That is just silly. There was a time when Cris Carter was the 2nd best WR in football for a large chunk of the 90's (only behind the GOAT Jerry Rice) doing essentially what Thomas is currently doing from a route running perspective.

At the end of the day, Thomas has unquestionably been more productive than any WR in the NFL this season. The irony of all of this is that you called me out citing the Kamara thread, in which, the bulk of your argument in that thread is there are more productive RB's from a statistical point of view, so Kamara can't be the best. Yet here we are in the best WR thread... 

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

worry less about my grammer, which is just dumb to bring up for anyone in general, and read through the thread. theres only one real argument to be made for thomas not being the best, do you have any rebutall for it or just more dumb tweets?

Look I normally don't care that much about grammar, but there are limits man. Look back on that previous post again. Those "dumb tweets" almost always provide factual pieces of info that can certainly be used as supporting evidence in these arguments.

DeAndre Hopkins, but it's close. Who is the most PRODUCTIVE WR in the NFL? Michael Thomas. And he's definitely a member of the elite three. However, if you were to tell me to construct a football team consisting of current NFL players but I could only pick one elite wideout, I'd pick Hopkins. He has the most complete game in the league. This year, he's being used as a chain mover like Thomas in an offense that spreads the ball around. But he's also a deep threat. He can find the soft spots in zone. He can beat the press. He's a killer against off-man. He adds another five yards to the width of the field with his acrobatics and body control. He has the best hands in the league (though Thomas and Fitz are close). He's had defenses keying in on him his whole career and has still been either the most productive or one of the most productive receivers in the league for years. He's produced with a cast of clowns. Also, I don't know if many people know this, but for a while BOB was letting Hopkins freelance because of his mental ability to read coverage and natural feel for leverage. Thomas is a monster in contested catch situations, but I don't know that he's better. Obviously I'm a huge Hopkins fan (as you can tell from my avatar) but it's because he's EARNED my respect and admiration. I'd pick him over Thomas, and I'm someone who since before the 2016 draft thought that Thomas was the best WR in that class over guys that pretty much everyone loved in Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Shepard, and Fuller. Nuk is the best WR in the NFL right now. But yes, Thomas is also a top-tier WR and is having one of the most productive seasons in recent memory.

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Just because Thomas isn't a consistent deep threat doesn't mean he doesn't run the whole route tree. Your argument right now is essentially he doesn't run many 9 routes so he can't be the best. That is just silly. There was a time when Cris Carter was the 2nd best WR in football for a large chunk of the 90's (only behind the GOAT Jerry Rice) doing essentially what Thomas is currently doing from a route running perspective.

At the end of the day, Thomas has unquestionably been more productive than any WR in the NFL this season. The irony of all of this is that you called me out citing the Kamara thread, in which, the bulk of your argument in that thread is there are more productive RB's from a statistical point of view, so Kamara can't be the best. Yet here we are in the best WR thread... 

Look I normally don't care that much about grammar, but there are limits man. Look back on that previous post again. Those "dumb tweets" almost always provide factual pieces of info that can certainly be used as supporting evidence in these arguments.

it not just 9 routes, its essentially any deep route, and depending on your definition of intermediary then those too. his adot is absurdly low, almost to the point  of being unheard of for an elite #1. look at whose around hm  in that category, its very telling.

volume or yardage total alone has never been a case for being the best, that was never said in the kamara thread. for a hypothetical, if godwin goes on a tear and fnishes with 50 more yards, does that make him a better wr. or do you look at guys that have production all in the same neighborhood and then try and sort it out?

25 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

it not just 9 routes, its essentially any deep route, and depending on your definition of intermediary then those too. his adot is absurdly low, almost to the point  of being unheard of for an elite #1. look at whose around hm  in that category, its very telling.

Why would I care about 1 stat (adot) if he has the best production in the NFL with 2 different QB's throwing to him this season? As mentioned before, what he is doing currently isn't much different than what prime Cris Carter was doing in the 90's. At that time, most people only ranked the best WR of all time (Jerry Rice) higher than Carter.