Offseason Work to do

mwalker

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

he looked fine in the last pic I saw of him a few months ago

the giant beard and coats he was wearing on the sidelines made him look fat, but wearing a T--shirt and jeans he looks like a healthy 6'5 250 dude

this was taken about a week ago

EQ1jvUPWkAIwiJO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

That's surprising and a relief.  He was looking like 300+lbs on the sideline. 

4 hours ago, August4th said:

he looked fine in the last pic I saw of him a few months ago

the giant beard and coats he was wearing on the sidelines made him look fat, but wearing a T--shirt and jeans he looks like a healthy 6'5 250 dude

this was taken about a week ago

EQ1jvUPWkAIwiJO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I agree.  

He actually looks pretty lean there.

I am generally pro player, but I hope the CBA get signed this week. I like to think I can see both sides, and why the owners weights is much greater than the players....but my selfishness wants the Steelers to have the best offseason possible to capitalize on Bens last 2 contracted years and that means the CBA getting signed and business as usual with restructuring deals. 

My EDGE board for the Steelers:

1) Chase Young - Duh

2) K'Lavon Chaisson - Best pure 3-4 OLB in the draft

3) Julian Okwara - He is like Bud 2.0.  Many of the same traits out of college that Bud had and same weaknesses.

4) Joshua Uche - Not as explosive as any above and kind of short but a very good technician

5) Darrell Taylor - Has the explosivness.  Need more technique.

6) Bradley Anae - High effort.  Better given space.  Has trouble getting off blocks.

7) Terrell Lewis - Could be one in a pinch.

8) Jonathan Greenard - Not really a good fit but better than ones below

9) Yetur Gross-Matos - more of a DE in the Steeler mix.  Poor lateral movement

10) Anfernee Jennings - Lacks explosiveness.  Would be functional but not very good

When Colbert mentions certain positions pre-draft, they tend to pick those spots.

I call BS on the OLBs being strong...not a fan of the class overall, might be some Bud Dupree negotiations there.

Really think they’re going to go offense heavy save for DL and try to signs cheap FA or 2 for depth on the defensive side of the ball.

57 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Tagging Bud makes sense.  Even if they do not come to an extension this season it gives them another year

I know it's kind of a Madden move, but I'd like to see them explore the possibility of a tag and trade. We've got to figure out how to get some talent at the TE spot and I think keeping Bud really hurts that ability.