Week 13: VIKINGS (8-3) at Seahawks (9-2)

swede700

I’m hoping we own the game clock.  Assuming our Line can hold up to Seattle and our RBs effective, I’m seeing time management (like I said before, hold the ball for 10 minutes if you have to) and no turnovers as the best route to a win here.  At least for us.  

Containing Wilson will be a huge problem seeing how our defense has been this far this year.  

We have to win against good teams on the road. Winning this one on the road, while it might not shatter our hopes of entering the playoffs, winning this game would do wonders for the outlook of what we may be capable of in the post season.  Not just making the post season but causing a significant stir deep into it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I’m hoping we own the game clock.  Assuming our Line can hold up to Seattle and our RBs effective, I’m seeing time management (like I said before, hold the ball for 10 minutes if you have to) and no turnovers as the best route to a win here.  At least for us.  

Containing Wilson will be a huge problem seeing how our defense has been this far this year.  

We have to win against good teams on the road. Winning this one on the road, while it might not shatter our hopes of entering the playoffs, winning this game would do wonders for the outlook of what we may be capable of in the post season.  Not just making the post season but causing a significant stir deep into it. 

Winning this game certainly helps in creating a clear path for a division title and possibly the #2 seed if the Saints can drop a couple of games.

Containing Wilson will be a huge problem.  I can picture him picking up first down after first down on 3/4 of 3rd down plays.  If The Vikings don't force a bunch of turnovers, The Seahawks will score 35+.  First, Cousins will need to come out hot, changing up by mixing in cook runs with roll-out play-action passes to march down the field and score on several early-game drives.  Then, things will open up for deep passes to Thielen and Diggs, and Cousins should be confident in using them for that fairly early..  Cousins will also need to use Rudolph and Smith. The Vikings will need to win the turnover battle by 2, because there should be more than at LEAST 55 points scored in this game, and he'll need to keep up with Wilson in scoring, plus use a turnover-produced score or 2 to get past The Seahawks.

I don't EXPECT The Vikings to win, and I don't EXPECT them to lose.  If someone held a gun to my head, and if I'd guess wrong I'd be shot, I guess The Vikings would lose in a nail biter.  I hope Cousins will rise to the occasion, using a very smart game plan from his coaches, and plays his best game, and The Vikings also play great, determined to win, and the breaks go their way, and they win it.  But, I'm realistic, and know I can't count on that.  Several things have to go our way.  I would guess that The Vikings have about a 47-48% chance of winning.  I hope they rise to the occasion, and want it more than The Seahawks, get a few breaks, and win it.

42 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Winning this game certainly helps in creating a clear path for a division title and possibly the #2 seed if the Saints can drop a couple of games.

The 49ers still have to play the Ravens, Saints, Rams and Seahawks...it's not out of the question for them to lose 2 or 3 more games (despite how they are playing right now).  

While this game will be tough, they can still win...all in all, the Vikings have more talent...the question is whether they are the better "team."  This game will prove it one way or the other.

Edited by swede700

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Trae Waynes on DK Metcalf should be favorable for Waynes. I'm worried about Lockett. He's the kind of receiver that will give them all kinds of problems.

How? Metcalf will run right by him. I don’t think our secondary matches up well against their receivers so hopefully the pass rush can pick up the slack.

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

How? Metcalf will run right by him. I don’t think our secondary matches up well against their receivers so hopefully the pass rush can pick up the slack.

Doesn't matter if you can run by someone if you can't catch.  xD

And plus, Trae Waynes is faster than Metcalf.  Metcalf ain't Tyreek Hill.

Edited by swede700

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Doesn't matter if you can run by someone if you can't catch.  xD

And plus, Trae Waynes is faster than Metcalf.  Metcalf ain't Tyreek Hill.

Metcalf is not as bad as Troy Williamson. Waynes trying to track a deep ball usually terrifies me. His natural instincts on playing the ball are so bad.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Metcalf is not as bad as Troy Williamson. Waynes trying to track a deep ball usually terrifies me. His natural instincts on playing the ball are so bad.

True, but we'll have to see if there are any noticeable changes after the bye.

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Trae Waynes on DK Metcalf should be favorable for Waynes. I'm worried about Lockett. He's the kind of receiver that will give them all kinds of problems.

Metcalf has been dropping several passes that are right in his hands, and sometimes breaking in the opposite direction from the way Wilson throws the pass.  He's a rookie who still is trying to develop a rapport with his QB.  I'm not nearly as worried about Metcalf as I am about Lockett.  But, I'm more worried about Wilson running for 1st downs when all his receivers are covered, and Wilson ducking and rolling away from the rush, and then having  one or even 2 receivers so wide open that a first down or 20+ yard gain is 100% assured, and things like that happening on almost every time they need to keep a drive going.  If The Vikings are going to win, they're going to have to win the turnover battle (preferably by 2 or more) and going have to score 35 points.  We'd better hope Stefanski has a scheme to keep Cousins from being pressured by the rush, and that Cousins comes through like he did against The Eagles, and also hope Cook gains a tonne of yards both rushing and on screenplays and dump-offs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Wut? Wayne’s’ strengths are straight line recovery speed and tackling. Metcalf has the lateral agility of a guard, and that means Waynes will finally cover someone who changes direction slower than he does. Add in Metcalf’s suspect hands and Waynes’ past of picking up deflections and I think it’s a great matchup for him.