Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Scariest game of the year for our defense so far in as much as how do we control their running game with Ingram, Edwards and Jackson himself of course. And even if we manage that the vastly underrated Willie Snead might be open as a result. That's going to be fascinating. Make Lamar beat us with his arm not his legs. And get turnovers when tackling. 

So how do we win the game? My guess would be long slow sustained drives to keep Jackson on the sidelines. Establish enough of the run to keep the Raven's defense honest and plenty of short (7 to 8 yard) passes on play action to keep the chains moving, with a couple of big plays to George and Deebo which would be helpful. We can't get in third and longs too often against this lot.

Keep Jimmy horizontal as much as possible with quick release stuff too, which should reduce the likelihood of turnovers. Ball security (Jimmy are you listening?). 

So not a lot to ask for really, just a perfect game in potentially tricky conditions. I won't be able to see the game as it is blacked out on nfl gamepass in the UK. But I'll follow it on here and on the NFL website as best I can. Looking forward to hearing all the comments and input and humor from everyone on here. This site is a godsend. C'mon Niners win this f***er!!! 

• Like 1

Even with a little luck and no turnovers, I don't have much confidence in a win today.   Honestly, I would much rather be playing the Patriots.  I just don't think we match up very well against this Ravens team.

I guess anything can happen, though.  If we do lose, I'm just hoping it's a competitive game with no injuries.  

I'm just excited... neither overconfident or putting an extra pair of pants close by. 

Really no telling what happens. I'll just say that I do like Lamar and the Ravens best in their respective division... but I'm going to laugh hard if we make Lamar and Co. look lousy today.  All of the hype is a wild-fire unchecked.. and I'm strapped in with beer and supersized foam finger. 

Let's do this, and win or lose, gtFo of Baltimore in good health, please and thank you. 

200.webp?cid=790b7611a46cf6f78a42bd7afcb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just confirming for good that Breida will be out. 

More carries for Mostert please. 

Guess that does make some sense, tactically the game against New Orleans means more as they are our direct rival for homefield advantage. As is Seattle for the division. And we play both, so we control our own destiny, just win. I don't want us to lose today obviously, but it wouldn't hurt us as much as a future loss to those 2.

That being sad, lets make life easier and win today!!

15 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

It's much colder than Washington here in Baltimore. Currently just a steady drizzle, but a driving rain is expected to start in 30 minutes. 

Kickoff is in 30 minutes. 

Compared to our Washington game or just today? Conditions should still be better though regardless? 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just confirming for good that Breida will be out. 

More carries for Mostert please. 

Agree with this. I complained on the podcast about it. Coleman should not be getting 2:1 snap and carry share. He's our least effective running back carrying the football. 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I think there is more at play for keeping Staley out... with a finger, lol. ( future eval of our new? 2020 LT )

Given what we saw against Seattle from Staley, I'm absolutely not opposed to getting a longer look at Brunskill. Out of the three game stretch, this is also by far the least important, so I'm willing to ride out with Brunskill. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'm just excited... neither overconfident or putting an extra pair of pants close by. 

Really no telling what happens. I'll just say that I do like Lamar and the Ravens best in their respective division... but I'm going to laugh hard if we make Lamar and Co. look lousy today.  All of the hype is a wild-fire unchecked.. and I'm strapped in with beer and supersized foam finger. 

Let's do this, and win or lose, gtFo of Baltimore in good health, please and thank you. 

200.webp?cid=790b7611a46cf6f78a42bd7afcb

Haha good one 🙏👍😉

• Like 1