GDT: Titans (6-5) @ Colts -2.5 (6-5)

ragevsuall17

Brown passed Corey Davis in snap counts this week to be our #1 WR. Played 90% of the snaps. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the highest a WR has played in a game for us all year. I don't think he had any concentration issues this week, but I think he needs to clean that up some and he's a legitimate #1.

Davis was down to just 68% of the snaps. He had a bad drop, but I still think he's a good player. He really needs to clean up that concentration stuff, but I don't think we can bring him back after year 4 anyway. If this is the offense we want to run we can't pay a #2 WR the amount he'll command because they just won't see the targets. I think he's probably the best we could get as our #2 option, but money matters.

Jonnu Smith continues to be our #1 TE with 87% of the snaps. He looked really good blocking on some of those outside zone runs and some of those tosses. He looks to be really strong and capable of staying on blocks. I'm not sure if he is #1 TE worthy as a receiving option just yet. He's probably one of the most athletic dudes on the team and his hands have looked good this year, so hopefully he is and we're just not targeting him a lot. We know for certain he's no joke after the catch. I'd like to see how often he's being left in to pass block to help out our struggling OL.

Humphries is getting paid way too much to be right there with Firkser and Pruitt in terms of snaps. I like him, but we really only see him on third down it seems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

If the Titans take care of business in Oakland next week we would find out if the game gets flexed during the Sunday night game next week

They actually need to announce it 12 days prior to the game... so they have to decide and announce it next Tuesday... for week 16.  Only the Week 17 matchup can they do it on 6 days notice.  I believe this all has to do with fan travel arrangements.  

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

Personally I think we'll be flexed into the late afternoon slot a couple of times... and potentially that Sunday night game again, if we're battling the division/wc spot with the Texans.  

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Brown passed Corey Davis in snap counts this week to be our #1 WR. Played 90% of the snaps. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the highest a WR has played in a game for us all year. I don't think he had any concentration issues this week, but I think he needs to clean that up some and he's a legitimate #1.

Davis was down to just 68% of the snaps. He had a bad drop, but I still think he's a good player. He really needs to clean up that concentration stuff, but I don't think we can bring him back after year 4 anyway. If this is the offense we want to run we can't pay a #2 WR the amount he'll command because they just won't see the targets. I think he's probably the best we could get as our #2 option, but money matters.

Jonnu Smith continues to be our #1 TE with 87% of the snaps. He looked really good blocking on some of those outside zone runs and some of those tosses. He looks to be really strong and capable of staying on blocks. I'm not sure if he is #1 TE worthy as a receiving option just yet. He's probably one of the most athletic dudes on the team and his hands have looked good this year, so hopefully he is and we're just not targeting him a lot. We know for certain he's no joke after the catch. I'd like to see how often he's being left in to pass block to help out our struggling OL.

Humphries is getting paid way too much to be right there with Firkser and Pruitt in terms of snaps. I like him, but we really only see him on third down it seems.

The offense is playing great and I understand that we want to run the ball, but it really sucks having a lot of legit talent in Brown/Davis/Humphries for us to barely use them. Brown played 90% of snaps but was targeted what..like 6 times?

• Like 1

Just did the playoff generator... 

We can finish 9-7 and still make the WC under the following conditions:

• Titans - W's vs Houston and Oakland, L's vs NO and Houston
  • Steelers - W's vs Jets and Arizona, L's vs Buffalo and Ravens
  • Raiders - W's vs Jags Chargers and Denver, L to Titans

The caveat here is if the Colts finish 3-1 and end with the same record... making it a 4-way tie... the Steelers jump us (probably cuz the Colts would jump us in division due to a better division record... and the Steelers then beat them in whatever tie breaker applies there)

We SHOULDN'T look past this week... but there is a legit scenario where we can make it in at 9-7.  Would be better just to take care of business and finish 3-1 to just about assure us a spot

5 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Just did the playoff generator... 

We can finish 9-7 and still make the WC under the following conditions:

• Titans - W's vs Houston and Oakland, L's vs NO and Houston
  • Steelers - W's vs Jets and Arizona, L's vs Buffalo and Ravens
  • Raiders - W's vs Jags Chargers and Denver, L to Titans

The caveat here is if the Colts finish 3-1 and end with the same record... making it a 4-way tie... the Steelers jump us (probably cuz the Colts would jump us in division due to a better division record... and the Steelers then beat them in whatever tie breaker applies there)

We SHOULDN'T look past this week... but there is a legit scenario where we can make it in at 9-7.  Would be better just to take care of business and finish 3-1 to just about assure us a spot

Realistically I see 2-2. 

But at best I see 3-1. I can't see us beating the Texans in a sweep that close together. Which by the way is maybe the worst scheduling I've seen since I've been following football. 

I think we could beat a saints team at home. Of we can beat the Chiefs, we can beat the Saints. 

And if we can beat the Colts, we should be able to beat the Texans.

And the Raiders have scored like 10 points the last two games and we should win that. 

But we shall see. I said I believe in this team but I'm still not sure of them making the playoffs. 

16 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

They actually need to announce it 12 days prior to the game... so they have to decide and announce it next Tuesday... for week 16.  Only the Week 17 matchup can they do it on 6 days notice.  I believe this all has to do with fan travel arrangements.  

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

Personally I think we'll be flexed into the late afternoon slot a couple of times... and potentially that Sunday night game again, if we're battling the division/wc spot with the Texans.  

They announced Bills Steelers being flexed to Sunday Night in 2 weeks during the Pats Texans game Sunday night 

So I’m guessing they will do the same this Sunday if they do decide to flex out the Chiefs Bears

Week 17 isn’t a lock that the Titans and Texans get flexed 

Seattle SF plays week 17 and that could be for the division as well

I can see the Titans Texans week 17 getting flexed to 4 along with all the other teams battling for WC spots