The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

there’s a hell of a lot more to the job than just diagnosing plays from a booth.

Theres no doubt about that and I agree it wouldn't be ideal. But with Jerry Jones doing the hiring we can do a lot worse in this process than hiring Tony Romo. We hired a less tenured Kellen Moore as our OC, so it's not crazy for Jerry. 

I know you aren't a Romo truther and I hated the pocket yips/ghost rushers he would inexplicably get just as much as you did.

But how poetic would it be for him to come back and actually succeed? He would have to learn an incredible amount of procedure in a short amount of time, but we know he is extraordinarily football-intelligent. No doubt he is a great offensive mind. He overcame many physical limitations as a player to be mentioned with Cowboys royalty. And the last 2 or 3 years he was basically calling his own plays at the LOS based on the look. Sean Mcvay apparently does that for Goff through a headset. 

Again, with Jerry making the decisions we can... and probably will do worse than Tony Romo.

• Like 1

In an ideal world Jerry would fire himself and hire Troy Aikman as GM and he works with McClay to make final decisions. Tony Romo as HC and Jason Garrett is QB coach. Dak stays at QB. We go 16-0 and win the superbowl fifty-eleven to one. Romo gets his ring, Dak avenges his supporters and gets paid, Troy gets to brag about being there for every Jerry SB, Garrett gets to watch from the sidelines and clap for Dak, Jerry gets his send off superbowl and breaks the Jimmy Curse. But most importantly.... I get to win the superbowl. I've been waiting so long.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I think Romo would be a fantastic coach... just like Peyton Manning would be a fantastic coach.  These are guys who can pick apart defenses with their minds.  The issues with them is that they make just as much money and work a lot less than a HC.  

100% agree about Peyton.

You can lump Tom Brady in there as well. He didn't succeed because of his athleticism. Drew Brees would make a fine offensive coach as well.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Theres no doubt about that and I agree it wouldn't be ideal. But with Jerry Jones doing the hiring we can do a lot worse in this process than hiring Tony Romo. We hired a less tenured Kellen Moore as our OC, so it's not crazy for Jerry. 

I know you aren't a Romo truther and I hated the pocket yips/ghost rushers he would inexplicably get just as much as you did.

But how poetic would it be for him to come back and actually succeed? He would have to learn an incredible amount of procedure in a short amount of time, but we know he is extraordinarily football-intelligent. No doubt he is a great offensive mind. He overcame many physical limitations as a player to be mentioned with Cowboys royalty. And the last 2 or 3 years he was basically calling his own plays at the LOS based on the look. Sean Mcvay apparently does that for Goff through a headset. 

Again, with Jerry making the decisions we can... and probably will do worse than Tony Romo.

Believe me, I’m not sure if there was a more likable person in the NFL than Romo. And, of course, I’d love for him to reach a level of success greater than what Joan and Redball prevented him from having, but we both know that he’d fail miserably as a head coach at this point in his life. He’d need to spend a few years as a coordinator before anyone should even consider such a move. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I think Romo would be a fantastic coach... just like Peyton Manning would be a fantastic coach.  These are guys who can pick apart defenses with their minds.  The issues with them is that they make just as much money and work a lot less than a HC.  

The issue is also having the experience to develop game plans, properly manage a clock, make in-game adjustments, and manage egos. That’s the hardest part of coaching. Just ask Andy Reid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Are we sure we are not overvaluing our talent level? That needs to be answered first

We have a QB 2nd in league in passing yds and 5th in TDs
Two 1k WRs
A 1300 yd RB
An OL with 3 frmr All-Pros and Collins appears to have settled in at RT.
The offense as a whole was excellent.
The defense has a couple of holes and still managed to hover around top10 in pts allowed and total defense. 

I don't believe anyone is really overestimating the talent level. There is plenty there, it simply doesn't have a coaching staff moving it in the right direction collectively anymore.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

We have a QB 2nd in league in passing yds and 5th in TDs
Two 1k WRs
A 1300 yd RB
An OL with 3 frmr All-Pros and Collins appears to have settled in at RT.
The offense as a whole was excellent.
The defense has a couple of holes and still managed to hover around top10 in pts allowed and total defense. 

I don't believe anyone is really overestimating the talent level. There is plenty there, it simply doesn't have a coaching staff moving it in the right direction collectively anymore.

As I posted in another thread Jasonbot can't do this:

• Like 2

No, don't care. Jason Garrett is our head coach for the next 5 years,

He drafted the players, with the Jones's input, he put together"his team". Now win damn it. Hold this ish stain accountable. He took the money, he clapped his way to a nickname, he ished the bed more than once.

Now win damn it, or we will hunt you down and....

Well, just think of the old days, when people understood what "or else" meant. Sorry, don't want to offend the softer generation.