Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

PFF graded him at 79, which is average. But I think you get docked for missing time. He only gave up two sacks.

Hmm ok maybe we are giving Marpet too much crap at C then. I’d assume anyone would need 1 full year to get acclimated to a position. He was good at RG year 1 but year 2 is when he killed it. Maybe the same deal for Marpet at C next year.

Regardless of how you feel about drafting a G top 10 (maybe we trade back and grab another 3rd) but you cannot deny that IF Andrew Norwell hits FA and we sign him and draft Nelson, we would have one of the most dominate interior lines in football. Btw Dotson was a top 5 T this year when healthy.

I believe it would be unprecendented to see 3 qbs drafted in the first 6 picks in a draft.  IMO, also there is a good chance 3 vet QBs wiil be available through free agenc or trade - Smith, Manning, and Cousins.

I just wonder how far Calvin Ridley will rise in the draft process.  I believe he is very under rated because he doesnt have a QB who can throw him the ball.  If he had  a QB like McCarron, I wonder how much farther away he would be viewed from Amari Cooper as a prospect.

On 1/6/2018 at 6:08 PM, ravishingone said:

I just wonder how far Calvin Ridley will rise in the draft process.  I believe he is very under rated because he doesnt have a QB who can throw him the ball.  If he had  a QB like McCarron, I wonder how much farther away he would be viewed from Amari Cooper as a prospect.

If he times well in the 40, he'll shoot up draft boards. 

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think Payne gets drafted earlier then Allen with the Skins.  The DT depth at the top is ridiculous.  Payne and Vea should put on a show in Indy.

Wilkins and Taven Bryan should go early too. If one of the four somehow falls to our second pick, I'd be pretty stoked.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I really can't think of a good reason Ferrell is coming back other then he likes the college experience.  I hope he stays healthy next season.  Indy is such a wild card at 3, it is anyone's guess what they do. 

Yea definitely a head scratcher...  I don't see his draft stock rising

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

We need to follow Coughlin’s model like that PewterReport article. Build the D and get a running game.

Sign Ziggy and Bennett in FA and draft Chubb and Sony Michel.

I doubt we'll be able to get both. With Clemson's DEs staying at school, Chubb just became 10000000% more valuable. And Michel is going in the first round. He'll probably go top 25 after he runs a 4.4 at the combine.

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I doubt we'll be able to get both. With Clemson's DEs staying at school, Chubb just became 10000000% more valuable. And Michel is going in the first round. He'll probably go top 25 after he runs a 4.4 at the combine.

I don’t disagree that he will be a hot commodity, especially after how he did in the playoff, but with RB being a deeper position, I don’t think it’s a sure thing he goes in the first. Remember you still have Barkley, Guice and Love with Michel. Teams will have them ranked differently of course, but with DL and other positions being weak, teams could reach, pushing RBs down. I mean no way anyone thought Hunt or Kamara lasts to the 3rd, and look what happened. RBs are unpredictable. Top of the 2nd, I think we’re in a good spot.

Archived