Most Disappointing Units

BleedTheClock

36 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Chargers offense.

Hof qb, one of the top wrs, top 2 receiving rb, top 8 other overall rb, a very good #2 wr, top 5 te and they cant score in the redzone to save their lives. 

Came in to add the Chargers offense, myself. 22nd in scoring is a huge disappointment for that roster.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

You think? I didn't expect their defense to be all that good this year. I feel like Darius Slay is their only excellent defensive player.

I expected Detroit's defense to be very good.  Good enough to where they would be in contention for the division title.  They have a lot more talent on that side of the ball than people realize. 

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

You think? I didn't expect their defense to be all that good this year. I feel like Darius Slay is their only excellent defensive player.

Maybe yes for excellent. But I really liked the Trey Flowers and Justin Coleman additions. I expected more from Jarrad Davis. 

I thought this group's ceiling was top 5. We saw moments of brilliance from them but the consistency hasn't been there. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Patricia was the DC for 6 years. Patriots were top 10 in scoring defense all 6 seasons. Top 5 twice and first one year. 

Guess that is terrible... 

You've never watched any NE games. His defenses routinely allowed mediocre quarterbacks like Nick Foles look like All-Pros.

Just now, Elky said:

You've never watched any NE games. His defenses routinely allowed mediocre quarterbacks like Nick Foles look like All-Pros.

Then how come his units always were top 10? That makes no sense.

His units obviously weren't elite every single night but that's not the expectation. Last year's defense got lit up by Bortles. Guess they sucked. 

The Rams OL: we lost Sullivan and Saffold. We've had tons of injuries. It's just been a mess all season. We've really not had one player who you could say has even played average. We're struggling to run the ball, the pass protection is non-existent. It's really hindered us this season, more so than anything else. Goff and Gurley really haven't had much support. It's a credit to them, more so Goff, that we're 7-5. It needs to be addressed in the off-season. 

Packers Corners: Jaire Alexander was a rising star while Kevin King just needed to stay healthy. Josh Jackson & Tramon Williams would round out the depth. Safeties which were extremely weak last year have been replaced by a 1st round pick in Savage (Been pretty good) & Adrian Amos (Been really good and probably our most consistent member of the secondary). Also added a pretty potent pass rush to along with it. 

Instead secondary is roasted constantly. Jaire is good at times but can take risks that cause big plays to occur. Kevin King gets interceptions when he is in position but too bad he is only in position once every 10 plays. He is continually picked on week in and out. Tramon has been solid in the slot but is old and doesn't have the legs anymore. Seems like he gets burnt at least once a game.  Josh Jackson joins the long list of Packers 2nd round picks we can throw in the trash heap. Really disappointing year IMO for what many thought would be an extremely talented group. 

30 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Texans coaching staff. But, I don't think anyone expected them to be good...

That's the thing. Disappointment implies the expectation of something positive followed by a letdown. For as bad as our linebackers and front office has been, I can't really say I feel disappointed because this is kind of what I expected. Just numb at this point. 

• Like 1