Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not Aaron bleeping Rodgers or Russell f'n Wilson, but Mitchell Trubisky??? MITCHELL TRUBISKY?? Nah, this is some sort of sick joke lol.

And guess what? As I stood firm with Lance to SF, I'm standing firm here that this is all just BS smoke. Washington will not be signing Trubisky to be their starter in this crucial upcoming season for the current regime! 

It's not any better if he goes to the Steelers or the Bucs or even the saints! 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm going to keep posting Trubisky hype tweets for @J-ALL-DAY

😂

Props that he posted that on January 26.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not any better if he goes to the Steelers or the Bucs or even the saints! 

Well, I just couldn't believe the Washington news on how they were going to go into this season with him as the starter...Only way it made sense was signing him and then drafting a QB in the top 10. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not saying that they should accommodate this, but from the outside looking in and not only based on this, Arians kind of comes across as a humongous prick.  

• Like 3

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/01/russell-wilson-seattles-the-place-where-im-at-right-now-and-i-love-it/

In a Tuesday interview on the TODAY Show, Wilson was asked by Craig Melvin — who identified himself as a Washington fan — if Wilson would ever consider playing on the East Coast. Wilson’s answer likely wasn’t all that satisfactory for Commanders fans.

“I love the East Coast, but I think the West Coast is better for me right now,” Wilson said, via JP Finlay of NBCSportsWashington.com. “I’ve got my whole family over here. I’m from Richmond, I know what you mean. I’ve got people hitting me up every day — all my friends and all that from the East Coast. But Seattle’s the place where I’m at right now and I love it and it’s great.”

Far cry from last year when his agent was listing alternative teams he'd play for

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/01/russell-wilson-seattles-the-place-where-im-at-right-now-and-i-love-it/

Far cry from last year when his agent was listing alternative teams he'd play for

@Forge just mentioned he just scrubbed his social media of Seattle mentions too lol. What a world we live in. This social media stuff seems like something that'd happen to a jolted teenager after his girlfriend dumped him. 

The thing I see with Trubisky and Mariota, is that if you sign these guys, you're also looking for a QB of the future at the same time, whether in this or next year's draft. But if you're getting a rookie QB this year or next, who do you want showing him the ropes, Trubisky, or Jimmy Garoppolo? THe difference between the two is that one is a free agent, and the other requires an investment. But I don't feel like the cost of getting Jimmy is that prohibitive. And lots of people seem to think that he's more highly thought of among personnel people and coaches than he is among the media. So Jimmy could be a key cog in a rebuild for a QB-needy team.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

The thing I see with Trubisky and Mariota, is that if you sign these guys, you're also looking for a QB of the future at the same time, whether in this or next year's draft. But if you're getting a rookie QB this year or next, who do you want showing him the ropes, Trubisky, or Jimmy Garoppolo? THe difference between the two is that one is a free agent, and the other requires an investment. But I don't feel like the cost of getting Jimmy is that prohibitive. And lots of people seem to think that he's more highly thought of among personnel people and coaches than he is among the media. So Jimmy could be a key cog in a rebuild for a QB-needy team.

I'm not 100% sure that is the case with Trubisky. He's only 27 and he's largely been healthy.  I don't think you're signing him to be a bridge QB. The hope is that he can still be long term QB material (I don't buy that as likely to happen). That's why he makes a ton of sense for a team like the Giants (as opposed to the Washington football team) because if he sucks, no biggie, they were likely going to suck anyway. Washington could have playoff aspirations and you also have a guy who can play a little already ensconced there. 

Trubisky is on the Winston track, right now and Winston should be a starter this year for someone again. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

🧐 I wonder....would he be willing to sign a 1 year deal to be the speed demon opposite Bosa? As ludicrous as it sounds, his sack rate could double...

We can't afford him. He's not signing a one year prove it deal again. He's got 23+ sacks the last two years. He's going to get paid. He took his prove it deal last year and he did it. 

We will be shopping in the bargain bin

• Like 1