Panthers fire HC Ron Rivera; secondary coach Perry Fewell named interim HC

TheKillerNacho

47 minutes ago, thedorchannel said:

am I crazy, or are those good numbers for both?

Both had stacked teams at a certain point, Garrett more (including this season.) Rivera and Garrett didn't use their weapons well and honestly when you look at it from a different angle, 9 seasons for Garrett, 4 with winning records, (not counting interim), 9 seasons for Rivera, 3 with winning records, it looks pretty weak.

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Also you say it limits the coaches they can get next season.  What’s one example of a coach turning down a team simply because they fired another coach midseason? 

There's plenty of coaches who turn down interviews with certain teams every season.  Percieved job stability is definitely a factor that most consider. 

But I digress.  I don't think this will necessarily hurt the Panthers.  A small factor in a sea of many. Let's just agree to disagree for our own sanities at this point. 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Dear God. I explained this in extremely simple fashion for you earlier. You're being intentionally obtuse at this point.

Like if I let you draw from a deck of cards and you draw a 3, then I give you a chance to redraw with the goal of getting a better card would you not? Certainly,  you could draw a 2, but the odds are immensely in your favor!! Kitchens is a 3!

Yeah I’m the obtuse one  xD

You are right bro.  Browns, known for years of good coaching selections, the same franchise that also hired Jackson (worse than Kitchens), would have probably hired a noticeably better coach than Kitchens and thus been better off long-term, and better yet, it was all dependent on them keeping all-time bad coach Hue Jackson an entire season! 

Great logic dude!  I don’t even know why I tried to refute it

31 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Yeah I’m the obtuse one  xD

You are right bro.  Browns, known for years of good coaching selections, the same franchise that also hired Jackson (worse than Kitchens), would have probably hired a noticeably better coach than Kitchens and thus been better off long-term, and better yet, it was all dependent on them keeping all-time bad coach Hue Jackson an entire season! 

Great logic dude!  I don’t even know why I tried to refute it

Nice sarcasm with no substance whatsoever.

I don't know why I bothered to articulate anything to you when you just misrepresent my posts over and over again, and just respond with "I can't believe you actually believe [insert strawman]!" while completely ignoring my points.

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Once you realize your HC isn’t  the guy, you fire him immediately. I never understood why people complain about this 

Agreed.

Bills literally fired Rex Ryan with one game remaining. Bills got a look how the team responded to Lynn and how he managed game day. He was the clear front runner for the position until Sean McDermott interviewed.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Nice sarcasm with no substance whatsoever.

I don't know why I bothered to articulate anything to you when you just misrepresent my posts over and over again, and just respond with "I can't believe you actually believe [insert strawman]!" while completely ignoring my points.

Hey guys, we can all be obtuse. Together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Where is Rivera in 2020? HC of whom?

He might benefit from a year away, get some face time in the TV booth. He's got a good personality that would play well to the cameras.

Go the Bruce Arians/John Gruden route for a season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Oh so that is where Fewell is now. I remember when he was a hot candidate getting interviews every year.

Where is Rivera in 2020? HC of whom?

Either the Saskatchewan Rough Riders or the Calgary Rough Riders. 

but actually, anyone who wants an awesome coach who can get you almost all the way.