Dorsey

Kiwibrown

How you feeling about Dorsey?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Im on the dorsey train

2. 2. Dorsey vs Brown

3. 3. Dorsey does not know how to build around Baker

15 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

This is a solid roster. Our coaching and scheme on both sides was terrible. Dorsey isn’t near perfect and has his problems but this isn’t his fault.

Exactly. He took a 1-31? team and made them pretty competitive* in two years. 

* if we even had mediocre coaching we’d be 9-7 10-6. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, it’s sort of his fault.

This is his roster with some huge holes and he’s burned through hella assets and make some questionable trades, but nothing fireable tho.

He deserves some blame, the players some too, coaches even more, but this festering franchise is rotten from the top.

He traded a really good guard and an above average safety. We’re one good tackle away from having a pretty good OL actually. Chubb just ran for 1,500.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

He traded a really good guard and an above average safety. We’re one good tackle away from having a pretty good OL actually. Chubb just ran for 1,500.

I can at least understand the rationale.

Vernon should have been pretty damned good opposite Myles and we had Corbett “waiting in the wings” (for what I’m not sure, but he was waiting..).  You as well as anyone know I was a Zeitler fan though and I don’t like creating a hole to fill another.

And the chance to get a bonafide HOF we in their prime doesn’t come along all that often.  I get rolling the dice.  That trade could still work out well for us, it’s only been a year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he burned hella assets to make us .500.

Not great, underwhelming in fact, but not a fireable situation.

Like what hella assets though?  It seems to me he used them better than he did in KC, BTW with depodestas help. He’s far from perfect for sure, but he’s easily the best GM we’ve had since ‘99. His biggest guffaw so far is hiring the one and only Freddie Bathrooms. 

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Like what hella assets though?  It seems to me he used them better than he did in KC, BTW with depodestas help. He’s far from perfect for sure, but he’s easily the best GM we’ve had since ‘99. His biggest guffaw so far is hiring the one and only Freddie Bathrooms. 

Idk man 

I think I’d still take Tom Heckert maybe

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

He had more draft capital in ‘18 than any GM in history paired with 100 million in cap space.

He used every one of those picks, traded none for future assets to keep the momentum moving forward and spent a ton of cash.  Iirc we’re actually over the cap based on salaries.  The only reason we have so much cap room is the rolling carryover that he didn’t build.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He had more draft capital in ‘18 than any GM in history paired with 100 million in cap space.

He used every one of those picks, traded none for future assets to keep the momentum moving forward and spent a ton of cash.  Iirc we’re actually over the cap based on salaries.  The only reason we have so much cap room is the rolling carryover that he didn’t build.

From everything I’ve read we’re still nowhere near in trouble with our assets. If we can get this coaching search right (har har yeah right) and Baker progresses we should be good for quite a time. Again hiring Bathrooms was dumb and set us back a year. That eats into our long term stability because we’ve wasted a year of contract controllability with Baker’s rookie contract. 

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

From everything I’ve read we’re still nowhere near in trouble with our assets. If we can get this coaching search right (har har yeah right) and Baker progresses we should be good for quite a time. Again hiring Bathrooms was dumb and set us back a year. That eats into our long term stability because we’ve wasted a year of contract controllability with Baker’s rookie contract. 

We’re also going to cut a lot of dead weight this offseason.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The only thing I trust him with is making draft picks and I don't mind that he stopped trading back.  The short changing ourselves in the 2019 draft was Phil Savage 2008-like move though.  Getting Greedy and Mack Wilson off the scrap heap was nice.  Previous regime just lived in the back half of the first round and found no diamonds there, just guys you could make an argument are decent.

Of course with all our GMs ever, the picks just look worse over time because constant turmoil causes very few of the players to develop on our squad.  I think it's overlooked that we sweep the legs of a lot of young guys just by changing scheme over and over.

Like Peppers probably isn't a stud on the Giants, but you could see him improve a ton within Gregggg's scheme. 

You never really know what you might have had in context of the system you're running if the system doesn't exist.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Of course with all our GMs ever, the picks just look worse over time because constant turmoil causes very few of the players to develop on our squad.  I think it's overlooked that we sweep the legs of a lot of young guys just by changing scheme over and over.

You never really know what you might have had in context of the system you're running if the system doesn't exist.

This, this this.

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Previous regime just lived in the back half of the first round and found no diamonds there, just guys you could make an argument are decent.

And the above is why this happens.

The well run franchises in the league kill it every year with picks in the teens or twenties... or later rounds.

But, like you said.  If you change scheme, philosophy, coach, GM, everything every year or two, you’ll never hit on anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This, this this.

And the above is why this happens.

The well run franchises in the league kill it every year with picks in the teens or twenties... or later rounds.

But, like you said.  If you change scheme, philosophy, coach, GM, everything every year or two, you’ll never hit on anything.

Yep, they can draft on fit as well as talent.  They don't have to ask their rookies to do too much.  It's really important on all fronts.  It makes the veterans able to play faster when they have been so acclimated to what they are running.  You don't just throw serviceable guys away because of "not my guy" syndrome.

I'm not endorsing Gregg Williams, but it's hard to see us just winning 6 games if we rolled the same staff into this season.  Especially if Williams could squash trading our pick and Peppers for OBJ.  Unfortunately it seems like personality clashes made that impossible and there was too much ego in the building.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yep, they can draft on fit as well as talent.  They don't have to ask their rookies to do too much.  It's really important on all fronts.  It makes the veterans able to play faster when they have been so acclimated to what they are running.  You don't just throw serviceable guys away because of "not my guy" syndrome.

I'm not endorsing Gregg Williams, but it's hard to see us just winning 6 games if we rolled the same staff into this season.  Especially if Williams could squash trading our pick and Peppers for OBJ.  Unfortunately it seems like personality clashes made that impossible and there was too much ego in the building.

Gregg Williams was a meh coordinator, he would be a better hc than dc imo, i do not believe he would be a great hc though, i think there is enough discipline and attitude from.him. 

He was pretty bad at the x's and o's of football. I wpuld guess he wpuld never get a team over the hump.

• Like 1