Dorsey

Kiwibrown

How you feeling about Dorsey?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Im on the dorsey train

2. 2. Dorsey vs Brown

3. 3. Dorsey does not know how to build around Baker

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Hey buddy. Sorry not sorry I just beat you in our first round playoff matchup. Been too depressed with this Browns season to post, plus just diagnosed with Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis, so let's just say I've felt physically how the Browns have been playing.

What have I missed?

F. Sorry to hear that, they are two ugly horribl3 things. Ill drop you in my prayers. 

Also thanks for beating me two weeks in a row, i though i had ypu this week, but jarvis and the browns dumped the bed against the worst pass defense in the nfl and hunt didnt get in the end zone in the final minutes  

As for what you have missed, mwil is having a melt down, LGBTQ has just turned on freddie and brownie wpuld kill freddie if he had a chance.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

F. Sorry to hear that, they are two ugly horribl3 things. Ill drop you in my prayers. 

Also thanks for beating me two weeks in a row, i though i had ypu this week, but jarvis and the browns dumped the bed against the worst pass defense in the nfl and hunt didnt get in the end zone in the final minutes  

As for what you have missed, mwil is having a melt down, LGBTQ has just turned on freddie and brownie wpuld kill freddie if he had a chance.

Had me sweating there til the end. Thought Michael Thomas was about to send me home. BTW, I'm just guessing that LGBTQ is @LETSGOBROWNIES ?? Or someone new?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Thanks for the prayers also, pal. They're appreciated.

With hindsight being 20/20, imagine Dorsey made the Tunsil trade instead of the OBJ trade: our 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, (both kept from the OBJ trade) 2020 1st and 2020 2nd for Laremy Tunsil OT, Kenny Stills WR and MIA's 2020 4th

I feel that would have been so much better for this team. We have talent but we were never just one WR away from contending, imo. Dorsey has done a good job, but alongside the Freddie hire the OBJ trade, imo, is one of his biggest misfires (because he and Freddie mix like oil and water). Stills is no slouch at WR and Tunsil would have solidified our line, imo (Robinson moves to RT and Hubbard kicks in to RG) plus you get to keep Peppers in this scenario. Again, though, hindsight is 20/20. Just a fun exercise in what if?

Edited by MarkPrice25
Wanted to clarify something
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

With hindsight being 20/20, imagine Dorsey made the Tunsil trade instead of the OBJ trade: our 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, (both kept from the OBJ trade) 2020 1st and 2020 2nd for Laremy Tunsil OT, Kenny Stills WR and MIA's 2020 4th

I feel that would have been so much better for this team. We have talent but we were never just one WR away from contending, imo. Dorsey has done a good job, but alongside the Freddie hire, the OBJ trade, imo, is one of his biggest misfires. Stills is no slouch at WR and Tunsil would have solidified our line, imo (Robinson moves to RT and Hubbard kicks in to RG) plus you get to keep Peppers in this scenario. Again, though, hindsight is 20/20. Just a fun exercise in what if?

I’d have probably just keep things as they were and built through the draft.

I would have traded down from 4 in 2018.

I would have looked for the best OL or defensive player in 2019.

I don’t think splash moves are necessary, I think you need consistency and continuity in forming s team with a defined identity.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d have probably just keep things as they were and built through the draft.

I would have traded down from 4 in 2018.

Apparently there wasnt a trade down from 4. 

I wouldbof loved quenton nelson who was available.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would have looked for the best OL or defensive player in 2019.

I don’t think splash moves are necessary, I think you need consistency and continuity in forming s team with a defined identity.

Agree with this, we didnt need obj, we needed oline and dline depth.

John Dorsey is an elite level scout with blind-spots at certain positions like Offensive LIne, as well as Character Concerns.

He is not optimized to scout and organize a Coaching Search. 

Oddly enough, the Haslams' search firm reliance has produced a good candidate pool at times when candidates didn't see the Browns job as favorable.

This time (assuming we fire Freddie which we probably won't) somehow we need the best of what both offer (search firm and Dorsey).

I'm going to be pissed when Dorsey hones in on McCarthy. It will tell me that Dorsey is far more a political animal than I ever thought as he'd go that way to protect his power.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

I'm going to be pissed when Dorsey hones in on McCarthy. It will tell me that Dorsey is far more a political animal than I ever thought as he'd go that way to protect his power.

The biggest issue with this team is lack of experience and vet leadership, why would going after McCarthy being a bad thing? Him and Rivera are the two best experienced coaches on the market. You could say a year away from the game allowed him to properly do some self evaluation. The one article going around talked about how MM went around and studied up on a lot of the new schemes since he has had the time to do so

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

The biggest issue with this team is lack of experience and vet leadership, why would going after McCarthy being a bad thing? Him and Rivera are the two best experienced coaches on the market. You could say a year away from the game allowed him to properly do some self evaluation. The one article going around talked about how MM went around and studied up on a lot of the new schemes since he has had the time to do so

Good Question.

For me, it's 4 Things as to why I don't want MM:

1.) MM is a rigid and non-creative play-caller who is unwilling to give up play-calling duties (" I'll never give up play-calling again ") and surrounds himself with Offensive assistants that don't innovate or adapt well to changing defensive and offensive landscapes.

2.) He has been one of the worst OCs in the utilization of pace and the play-action game and mostly relies on basic route combos out of 11 or 22 personnel looks.

3.) See the previous point but here's an extension: McCarthy as a play-caller does not use a scheme that benefits Baker Mayfield or our personnel. He also is not a play-caller that prioritizes his QB being under center which is important specifically for Baker Mayfield and our passing attack to stay in sync because being under center helps negate the time it takes to get to drop depth because of Baker's punch drop footwork, allows us to set up play-action explosive plays, and builds flow between running and passing game by helping them look similar in their formation presentation to defenses.  Passing attacks are very different from one another in the league and McCarthy hasn't show the ability to adapt in ways that will help us.

4.) His qualities as a General Program/Culture Leader are very solid, but at this point in his career he's only interested in hiring retread assistant coaches who often are not able to be creative or responsive to where the game is now. I have no confidence in his ability to put together a great coaching staff that compliments our team's strengths.

It's been reported that McCarthy's next staff will include the following: Jim Haslett, Defensive Coordinator, Scott Mccurley, Linebackers/Defensive Assitant, Frank Cignetti Jr, QB Coach/Offensive Assistant. Those principle staffers with Mike McCarthy as OC/HC and let's assume James Campen still as OLine Coach don't do it for me as a coaching staff that will create a real force.

Ultimately, it's not about making a change for change sake, but making one in order to get to that place we've all dreamed about or at least compete to get there. MM would be an upgrade over Freddie imo, but not one to make us a consistent competitor.

Now, if for example, we could pair McCarthy with a few Offensive Coordinator and Quality Control guys that are expert at pace, play-action, under-center, occasional RPO quick strike and RB passing game, then I'd be down for MM. Without that, I'm not interested as McCarthy will have an offense that stalls out much like ours currently imo.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1