Dorsey

Kiwibrown

How you feeling about Dorsey?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Im on the dorsey train

2. 2. Dorsey vs Brown

3. 3. Dorsey does not know how to build around Baker

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A lot of which was signed by Dorsey fwiw.

Let me rephrase that. We’re cutting some players before they get paid the larger portions of their contracts.

players like T.J. Carrie played their part here but need to be jettisoned before making 8 mil next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Let me rephrase that. We’re cutting some players before they get paid the larger portions of their contracts.

players like T.J. Carrie played their part here but need to be jettisoned before making 8 mil next season. 

Id potentially keep carrie, he has had skme good games for us. He hasn't been hurt, dbs drop like flies, he can pla safety, he tackles. We have had a lot worse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Gregg Williams was a meh coordinator, he would be a better hc than dc imo, i do not believe he would be a great hc though, i think there is enough discipline and attitude from.him. 

He was pretty bad at the x's and o's of football. I wpuld guess he wpuld never get a team over the hump.

Yeah I could see us topping out at 10-6 or whatever, but just the benefit of actual continuity I think makes us much better.  It was the only reason the Freddie hire made much sense.  Then we hired Monken and threw it out of the window anyways.

So for the next hire I hope we get somebody we can justify keeping for 3 years.  If things are going bad still just tweak the staff.  Stop throwing sticks of dynamite down the mine shaft hoping to find diamonds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id potentially keep carrie, he has had skme good games for us. He hasn't been hurt, dbs drop like flies, he can pla safety, he tackles. We have had a lot worse.

8 mil is a lot for a player that sees the field a few times a game. We’ll probably draft another one, tbh.

25 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yep, they can draft on fit as well as talent.  They don't have to ask their rookies to do too much.  It's really important on all fronts.  It makes the veterans able to play faster when they have been so acclimated to what they are running.  You don't just throw serviceable guys away because of "not my guy" syndrome.

Agreed.

25 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm not endorsing Gregg Williams, but it's hard to see us just winning 6 games if we rolled the same staff into this season.  Especially if Williams could squash trading our pick and Peppers for OBJ.  Unfortunately it seems like personality clashes made that impossible and there was too much ego in the building.

Agreed, but Greggggg wears people out and they tune him out.  

Wed have been looking for a new guy this year or next or the year after either day imo. He’s not really a long term option.

18 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

We just paid him 8.9 for this past year, but yeah they aren’t getting any better cost wise.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You as well as anyone know I was a Zeitler fan though and I don’t like creating a hole to fill another.

I wasn't a fan of that trade either because I was an Ogbah fanboy and thought he could put up similar numbers as Vernon.

They weren't all that similar though. Ogbah matched or bested him in every defensive stat. As a reserve. Who went on IR a month and a half ago. Common knowledge was that Ogbah had to be upgraded though so I can't really hate on Dorsey for trying to do that. It just seemed to me that here Ogbah was always asked to occupy the T and G which meant he didn't accumulate any pass rushing stats. I also don't what we were asking of Vernon, it seemed like he was never on screen. Maybe a better scheme will help next year if he is back. I dunno. Richardson and Ogunjobi mostly just seemed to occupy linemen this year, not sure if that was the plan or they just couldn't win their matchups.

He inherited a god-awful roster. A roster with next to no experience of winning. This was always going to take time to fix. Sure he overpaid for the talent that came in, but the contracts were easy to move on from.

Hopefully we can hire a good CEO HC and have 2-3 off-seasons to slowly build a good culture. As others have said, we tried to catch lighting in a bottle with Freddie. It didn't work and that's okay. This hire is vital. This is what Dorsey's legacy will be.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

He inherited a god-awful roster. A roster with next to no experience of winning. This was always going to take time to fix. Sure he overpaid for the talent that came in, but the contracts were easy to move on from.

Hopefully we can hire a good CEO HC and have 2-3 off-seasons to slowly build a good culture. As others have said, we tried to catch lighting in a bottle with Freddie. It didn't work and that's okay. This hire is vital. This is what Dorsey's legacy will be.

By the sound of it, it is Jimmys hire, whoes track record is awful, chud, pettine, hue, we will get some silver tongued half wit most likely.

I hope depos voice gets heard and we use our brains not our balls.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

By the sound of it, it is Jimmys hire, whoes track record is awful, chud, pettine, hue, we will get some silver tongued half wit most likely.

I hope depos voice gets heard and we use our brains not our balls.

That sounds ominous. Hiring someone slightly better than Hue and Freddie isn't good enough.

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That we do. Gonna be another year with lots of turnover.

Im sure that will end up well...

I feel like that’s pretty common. We have a core of solid/great players. It’s ok to trim the fat even if you signed them yourself. With good coaching it doesnt Matter. We’ve just never experienced that...

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

I feel like that’s pretty common. We have a core of solid/great players. It’s ok to trim the fat even if you signed them yourself. With good coaching it doesnt Matter. We’ve just never experienced that...

The law of averages tells me we’ve likely hired a couple, and then proceeded to ruin them.

One man isn’t going to fix organizational dysfunction unless that one man is Haslam selling the franchise.