TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s the glory of Costco. I get my beef ribs from a specialty butcher shop (which sells its full packer brisket at $11.99/Lb), but I’ll always get my brisket from Costco because it’s so much cheaper than anywhere else.

I am smoking a flat for the draft, as well as a small pork butt and some sausages. I am trying to bring Texas to Delaware. It will be my first time smoking a brisket so wish me luck.

27 minutes ago, JWingate said:

I am smoking a flat for the draft, as well as a small pork butt and some sausages. I am trying to bring Texas to Delaware. It will be my first time smoking a brisket so wish me luck.

It’s not hard. Just be sure to keep a large water pan in the smoker closest to the firebox, and spray the brisket with apple juice or apple cider vinegar every 1/2 hour after it’s been on the smoker for a few hours. It’ll help keep it from drying out.

And use the best wood you can. It makes all the difference. Store bought, kiln dried wood burns too hot and too fast, so it really screws with the temperature and doesn’t give you very good smoke.

17 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It’s not hard.

trumbo1.jpg?w=680

17 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Just be sure to keep a large water pan in the smoker closest to the firebox, and spray the brisket with apple juice or apple cider vinegar every 1/2 hour after it’s been on the smoker for a few hours. It’ll help keep it from drying out.

And use the best wood you can. It makes all the difference. Store bought, kiln dried wood burns too hot and too fast, so it really screws with the temperature and doesn’t give you very good smoke.

OldMediumBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Do we have any high school or middle school teachers on here?

Right here. Ive taught Human Geography, APWH, USHist, Govt/Econ, ConLaw, and Mock Trial. SO pretty much every major social studies course offered at most schools. 

You looking into the profession?

30 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Right here. Ive taught Human Geography, APWH, USHist, Govt/Econ, ConLaw, and Mock Trial. SO pretty much every major social studies course offered at most schools. 

You looking into the profession?

I am, and I've given it a good amount of thought. I'll PM you tomorrow

Archived