Week 14 Playoff Committee Rankings

naptownskinsfan

35 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Imo as it relates to Utah/OU, the CFP committee should just let the top 3 in the playoffs. 

And I agree with previously stated. I like Clemson over LSU. Failing to play good teams didn’t hinder them in last year’s playoffs. 

I dont know, the ACC as a whole was better last year compared to this year. Also Clemson has a stacked DL with loads of experience. They don’t have that this year

On 12/3/2019 at 8:35 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Committee putting Utah at 5 means, at least to me, they should get in over OU/Baylor winner, assuming they win... yet somehow I don’t believe for a second they’d get in over OU. We will see.

I disagree.  I think this is the committee being hesitant on Oklahoma.  3 of the last 4 weeks have been uninspiring for Oklahoma to say the least.  They've won by an average of less than 3 points against Baylor, TCU, and Iowa State.  They looked significantly better against Oklahoma State largely because they weren't turning the ball over.  But right now, they both lost to 8-4 teams (Utah lost to USC on the road and Oklahoma lost to Kansas State on the road.  Oklahoma has 3 wins over current top 25 teams where as Utah only has one.  The only common opponent is UCLA, whom they both beat heavily.  I think having Oklahoma ranked behind Utah is the safety net that if Oklahoma looks bad against Baylor, the committee can justify having Utah there.  If Oklahoma looks better, they're going to talk about how they played the better opponent in the championship.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I disagree.  I think this is the committee being hesitant on Oklahoma.  3 of the last 4 weeks have been uninspiring for Oklahoma to say the least.  They've won by an average of less than 3 points against Baylor, TCU, and Iowa State.  They looked significantly better against Oklahoma State largely because they weren't turning the ball over.  But right now, they both lost to 8-4 teams (Utah lost to USC on the road and Oklahoma lost to Kansas State on the road.  Oklahoma has 3 wins over current top 25 teams where as Utah only has one.  The only common opponent is UCLA, whom they both beat heavily.  I think having Oklahoma ranked behind Utah is the safety net that if Oklahoma looks bad against Baylor, the committee can justify having Utah there.  If Oklahoma looks better, they're going to talk about how they played the better opponent in the championship.

And for the record, I'm lukewarm on the idea of watching Justin Fields run all over our offense.

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The country doesn't care about Oklahoma either, they haven't been a national brand in a very long time. But Finebaum has made a career out of being wrong and not understanding these basic facts but being smart enough to hitch himself to Nick Saban and ride the wave.

Come again?

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Kinda makes me wonder what Justin Fields could have done with Lincoln Riley.

Probably win a Heisman, put up a bunch of ridiculous stats, and have his team get absolutely embarrassed on the national stage in a playoff game against a legitimately good team non Big XII Conference team.

• Like 1

On 5.12.2019 at 2:46 PM, MWil23 said:

Probably win a Heisman, put up a bunch of ridiculous stats, and have his team get absolutely embarrassed on the national stage in a playoff game against a legitimately good team non Big XII Conference team.

this is funny but probably accurate.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:48 AM, buno67 said:

Maybe but Clemson really hasn’t faced anyone good all year tho. With LSU there a little bit more battle tested. I just worry about Clemson’s defense. They really haven’t been tested all year. They could have a major flaw but it was never discovered, where if LSU discovers it, it might be too late. Now if Clemson has the experience across their DL like last year I would be more confident in their defense not being tested but that is a huge aspect to be concerned about

Clemson’s defense is elite. Best back 7 in the country. 

Clemson holds opponents to 18.19 less points per game than their season average and 177.45 less yards. For comparison, Ohio State holds opponents to 18.23 points less and 155.47 yards. Are you worried about your defense as well?

1 hour ago, PAW said:

Clemson’s defense is elite. Best back 7 in the country. 

Clemson holds opponents to 18.19 less points per game than their season average and 177.45 less yards. For comparison, Ohio State holds opponents to 18.23 points less and 155.47 yards. Are you worried about your defense as well?

OSU vs Clemson is happening in the natty.