Week 14 Playoff Committee Rankings

naptownskinsfan

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

Notre Dame deserves to be the ACC rep in the Orange Bowl more than Virginia. The rules right now say that this can't happen unlike in other ACC bowls, but I expect a controversy over the fact that an team barely in the CFP rankings (if at all) is going to rep the ACC in the bowl while a top-15 Notre Dame team has to play in a minor bowl. Once this controversy ensues, the rules for how ND can play in the Orange Bowl will change.

As for OSU, I want another shot at Clemson.

Notre Dame should join a conference. They know the deal. 

• Like 3

Honestly, if LSU ends up #2, I think Clemson beats them. Clemson can definitely hang if it's an offensive game but I don't think LSU can hang if Clemson's defense shows up. I'd actually have Clemson as the favorite in that game. Ohio State will destroy whichever team between Oklahoma/Utah/Baylor that gets the 4th spot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, if LSU ends up #2, I think Clemson beats them. Clemson can definitely hang if it's an offensive game but I don't think LSU can hang if Clemson's defense shows up. I'd actually have Clemson as the favorite in that game. Ohio State will destroy whichever team between Oklahoma/Utah/Baylor that gets the 4th spot.

Maybe but Clemson really hasn’t faced anyone good all year tho. With LSU there a little bit more battle tested. I just worry about Clemson’s defense. They really haven’t been tested all year. They could have a major flaw but it was never discovered, where if LSU discovers it, it might be too late. Now if Clemson has the experience across their DL like last year I would be more confident in their defense not being tested but that is a huge aspect to be concerned about

11 hours ago, pf9 said:

Notre Dame deserves to be the ACC rep in the Orange Bowl more than Virginia. The rules right now say that this can't happen unlike in other ACC bowls, but I expect a controversy over the fact that an team barely in the CFP rankings (if at all) is going to rep the ACC in the bowl while a top-15 Notre Dame team has to play in a minor bowl. Once this controversy ensues, the rules for how ND can play in the Orange Bowl will change.

As for OSU, I want another shot at Clemson.

Something like Notre Dame vs Penn State will happen in the Outback Bowl or something and will be a better game than the Orange Bowl.

9 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Michigan-Alabama Citrus Bowl

3icjzl.jpg

To be 100% honest, I actually think it'll be close and UM may be able to pull off an upset. A Tua-less Tide is solid but not elite offensively, and that UM defense is legit. If Patterson plays like he has the last 5+ games and UM is able to run the football against an extremely subpar Bama defense, I like UM down the stretch.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I’m fairly certain I saw something last week that Clemson would be favored against all the prospective teams for the CFP