Selection Sunday Thread

naptownskinsfan

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Going off of what? 

The fact Clemson is better at every position on offense outside TE. And significantly better at the most important position on the field.  I think Fields will struggle against Venables’ defense.  

The last time I was called a homer on here was when I said the B1G was awful and Clemson would destroy anyone from the conference if they met in the playoffs. We met Ohio State that year and we all know what happened. 

I trust what my eyes tell me. Not a homer, I skipped going to the games the two years we lost in because I didn’t think we were good enough to win. I went to the games the two years we won because I thought we would win. I’m pretty realistic about my takes. I don’t discount a team due to who they’ve played, I judge the team based on who they have. 

3 hours ago, pf9 said:

Notre Dame deserves that shot at Florida more than Virginia does, like I said in another thread. The Orange Bowl is currently the only ACC bowl which ND cannot represent the conference. I expect controversy over this and that ND will sit out bowl season to protest the unfair system. They would be only the second team to not play in a bowl a year after playing in the CFP, the first being Michigan State in 2016 (who ironically defeated a down ND team that year, one of three losses by the Irish to teams that finished under .500).

Notre Dame had actually beaten Virginia earlier in the season too. I expect the rules for how ND can make the Orange Bowl will be changed for next season. As far as I know Virginia is the lowest-ranked team ever to make a CFP game.

If Notre Dame continues to refuse to actually join a conference, they don't get to talk about an "unfair system." They want to be special and play by their own rules, so they don't get afforded the safety those rules they won't play by afford. Can't have your cake and eat it too. 

• Like 3

“Significantly better” with 41 total TDs and 8 INTs vs Fields with 50 total TDs and 1 INT. 

A lot more to say to counter such a post, but honestly not even worth the time.

I can definitely see Clemson winning as I’ve said for quite a while. But I’m not going to have a debate with someone that isn’t going to have a logical discussion. Instead I will let buno take the reigns. He is far more persistent than me...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Military Bowl here in Annapolis will be North Carolina and Temple.  That should be a well-attended game.  Temple travels well down here, and the only year of the basketball classic at Navy that sold out was the year North Carolina played.  

Memphis gets the Group of Five bid to the New Years 6, getting the Cotton Bowl against Penn State.  

Georgia gets the Sugar Bowl bid.......again......this time against Baylor.  Somehow I see a repeat of last year in our future. 

That was UNC basketball. UNC football is not as popular.

• Like 2

As part of my realignment projections I have Temple joining the Big 12, but they'd need to find a different conference to compete in for field hockey and women's lacrosse since they'd be the only Big 12 school with either sport. That's where the ACC comes in, admitting Temple as their first ever associate member. UNC just happens to sponsor both sports.

Oh Cal is playing a Big Ten team in a bowl.

I want Cal and Stanford to move their field hockey teams into the Big Ten. The America East is below their dignity. At least in the Big Ten they'd be in a conference of their peers (both the Big Ten and Pac-12 and many of their members are highly-regarded academically, and most schools in these conferences are members of the AAU, like Cal and Stanford).

I also want Florida and Vanderbilt, likewise AAU schools, to move their lacrosse teams into the Big Ten. In the next realignment a number of P5 schools are gonna shift towards associate membership in other P5 leagues for certain sports their primary conference does not sponsor, or otherwise form single-sport alliances.

OSU vs Clemson is gonna be a war and I'm here for it. LSU can clean up the scraps. ;) 

Might see about going to the game. I live like 20 minutes from the stadium. Sure, LSU ain't it but I bet it's still gonna be a fun game. 

Edit: Also how about this brand new sentence? LSU has the offensive edge over Oklahoma in this game. 

Edited by Spartica4Real

2 hours ago, PAW said:

The fact Clemson is better at every position on offense outside TE. And significantly better at the most important position on the field.  I think Fields will struggle against Venables’ defense.  

The last time I was called a homer on here was when I said the B1G was awful and Clemson would destroy anyone from the conference if they met in the playoffs. We met Ohio State that year and we all know what happened. 

I trust what my eyes tell me. Not a homer, I skipped going to the games the two years we lost in because I didn’t think we were good enough to win. I went to the games the two years we won because I thought we would win. I’m pretty realistic about my takes. I don’t discount a team due to who they’ve played, I judge the team based on who they have. 

Not a homer but you make a major home comment? Clemson is better at every position? yeah that is purely opinion...

Edited by buno67

For anyone that believes that this committee has a clue what they are doing, there was an actual conversation about who should be the fourth team between Oklahoma and Georgia. 

Thank goodness that the top four was cut and dry this year. God forbid there is another year of bubble teams with these clown-shows.

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

For anyone that believes that this committee has a clue what they are doing, there was an actual conversation about who should be the fourth team between Oklahoma and Georgia. 

Thank goodness that the top four was cut and dry this year. God forbid there is another year of bubble teams with these clown-shows.

LOL.  I have to imagine if Georgia was within 7 that they might've had a shot at making #4.