Selection Sunday Thread

naptownskinsfan

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

LOL.  I have to imagine if Georgia was within 7 that they might've had a shot at making #4.  

The funny thing is that if they had actually been within seven, I would’ve considered putting them in over Oklahoma. I just assumed that if there was any conversation after the way that game went though, it would’ve been with Oklahoma and maybe a team like Oregon but still a short conversation at that.

27 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

For anyone that believes that this committee has a clue what they are doing, there was an actual conversation about who should be the fourth team between Oklahoma and Georgia. 

Thank goodness that the top four was cut and dry this year. God forbid there is another year of bubble teams with these clown-shows.

auburn would have been #4 if they beat uga

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

For anyone that believes that this committee has a clue what they are doing, there was an actual conversation about who should be the fourth team between Oklahoma and Georgia. 

Thank goodness that the top four was cut and dry this year. God forbid there is another year of bubble teams with these clown-shows.

Dude they have no clue. Hell when it came to deciding the top2, 3 members had to Step out of the room. Leaving a lot of room for bias

Virginia got blasted and only moved down 1 spot. Georgia somehow managed to be ranked ahead of Baylor and Oregon.

So do conference championship games only matter if you’re the winner? Not if you get absolutely destroyed?

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

As the greatest and most decorated champion in sports history would say:

Ric_Flair_large.jpg

I have no issues with LSU at #1 and OSU at #2. Having to play Clemson will be a tough test, and potentially a benchmark program test to see where OSU is nationally. Hopefully OSU is at 100% health, and the same goes for Clemson. The secondary and Fields have been more than a little banged up the last 2-3 weeks, and playing 3 consecutive Top 15 ranked opponents have taken their toll.

Time off for OSU will be good, just to get healthy.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

As the greatest and most decorated champion in sports history would say:

Ric_Flair_large.jpg

I have no issues with LSU at #1 and OSU at #2. Having to play Clemson will be a tough test, and potentially a benchmark program test to see where OSU is nationally. Hopefully OSU is at 100% health, and the same goes for Clemson. The secondary and Fields have been more than a little banged up the last 2-3 weeks, and playing 3 consecutive Top 15 ranked opponents have taken their toll.

Time off for OSU will be good, just to get healthy.

That’s truly the most important part. It would have been nice to not play Clemson but it is what it is. Having the time off right now is the most important thing