Week 14 GDT

ET80

Just now, Forge said:

He hit him in the head? It doesn't have to be helmet to helmet. 

It's still a terrible call. It rewards Juczyk for being in an awkward position and lunging forward. The 49ers DB is trying to lunge forward to stop him from lunging forward and force the incompletion. The collision with the upper body/neck area is caused by Juczyk. As was said, it's a terrible no-win situation for a DB in a league that rewards the offense already. Helps that Jucz sold it with grabbing his head.

Just now, The LBC said:

You don't need to make stuff up.  Fouts hasn't had a positive thing to say about the Chargers in the past 5 seasons of commentary.  He legitimately goes out of his way to criticize them, as though he feels it's his duty to not appear bias towards his former team (or as though other former players hold themselves to that same standard).

Ehh not meaning to make stuff up..  maybe he doesn’t do it in other games,  but it’s pretty awful when he does Chiefs games.  

Just now, dante9876 said:

He going low and fullback slides low into his tackle. What should a db do there exactly. 

Not saying that the rule is correct. I'm saying that the call is. That's the disconnect. The call is the correct interpretation of the rule. It's the rule that we don't agree with 

• Like 1

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

It's still a terrible call. It rewards Juczyk for being in an awkward position and lunging forward. The 49ers DB is trying to lunge forward to stop him from lunging forward and force the incompletion. The collision with the upper body/neck area is caused by Juczyk. As was said, it's a terrible no-win situation for a DB in a league that rewards the offense already. Helps that Jucz sold it with grabbing his head.

That's a rule problem though, not a call problem. Do you know what I mean? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, there's no bad intention there. It's a bang bang play, and I don't know that it should be a penalty, but I think that is the interpretation of it. Just makes it impossible to play defense sometimes. I mean, what is he supposed to do there? 

Niners had the same play called against them in the 1st quarter against Jared Cook on his TD catch. That was also a good call, but also no ill intention. Its just tough sometimes, it was tough for the niners then, tough for the saints now